Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Reminds me of this.

In Sweden Fazer removed the asian dood on the package, it was stereotyping somehow.
    Sometimes the political correctness over here is just retarded.
    Sales doubled before the date of removal as a consumer protest of how silly it was.
    Don't forget Mustafas Kiosk.

God you're all such White Plastic bags!

(racial slurs are stupid)

Edit: Can we start a campaign to have dark and white chocolates renamed? They are clearly over the top racist and must be renamed to something else.
    Last edited by Keltas; 2013-08-03 at 11:19 AM.

I think the words Brown and Black are totally racist .... /sarcasm off

In The Netherlands we had a type of food called Negerzoenen which translates into 'African-American kisses' which consists of black chocolade and whipped cream. Apart from them being disgusting, they're now called 'kisses' because of racial bullshit.

Honestly, if people take offense from things like that they're just weakhearted idiots and deserve to be offended for the rest of their lives. I have no sympathy for people like that, at all!

A brown bag is just a brown bag and a negerzoen is just a negerzoen.

/rant!

So blacks used the term to discriminate against other darker skinned blacks so I have to remove the term from my vernacular? I might as well start using any terms I want to offend someone so that we can ban language all together! I take offense to nothing since only the less intelligent actually take offense to anything. Once again, the stupid people are ruining the world for the smart.

Kinda funny to me, at my job we use this term daily. It is what we call a computer training class we have where you bring your lunch and also learn something. This will not be seen as a racial slur for long - or outside washington as OP brings up it is already inplace as a normal term to describe things that have a 'lunch' involved with them.

I live in Seattle.

I have to put up with pretentious, Starbucks latte liberals who think like this EVERY. GAWDAMN. DAY.

One neighborhood labeled their speed bumps "traffic soothing devices".

You have to be very careful how you talk around here. I'm sure using the term 'black hole' outside of the University of Washington Astronomy classes would result in you being accused of racism.

It really depends on how it's being used, as with most words. Brown bag can be offensive as there was a history of treating lighter blacks better than darker blacks. Not often that I see it used racially but I did get called a house nigger by a hispanic woman (who I don't like) because I'm relatively light.

I must admit that this is the first time I have ever heard of the 'brown-bag' method of racism within the 'enlightened' black community. it would seem to me that the way I was familiar with the term is much more 'racially acceptable' and that this person in Seattle is creating division and racism where it was not. if we're ever going to get past racism, we can't be constantly looking out for offenses where there is no intent. someone should have been more mature and stopped the practice of 'brown-bagging' when it was being used as a racial test, then we could all be eating our lunches in peace.

I will continue to say brown bag.
    African americans are too sensitive, tbh, even though this generation wasn't around for the "bad times" and neither was i.
    racial slurs need to go the route of the car phone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    God you're all such White Plastic bags!

(racial slurs are stupid)

Edit: Can we start a campaign to have dark and white chocolates renamed? They are clearly over the top racist and must be renamed to something else.
    What about Brownies? They need to renamed as well. I think ALL colors should be banned. Wouldn't want to start an intergalactic war because we are using racial slurs with the color green towards our martian visitors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    In The Netherlands we had a type of food called Negerzoenen which translates into 'African-American kisses' which consists of black chocolade and whipped cream. Apart from them being disgusting, they're now called 'kisses' because of racial bullshit.
    Yea, we have those in hungary, except they're called Néger Csók, translates to "Negro kiss". It's still called that and I have no problem with it because it's just the name of a pastry.

Though, I'd love to see idiots flip their shit over it, would be funny to watch. :P
    Last edited by mmoc40f44cec44; 2013-08-03 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greandal View Post
    Screw all those crybabies, everyone's way too sensitive about 'racial slurs' these day's. Just keep using the term the way it's been used the past decades. It really pisses me off that everything nice or normal is getting tagged as a slur.
    This x100000. One of my highschool teachers didn't even allow us to call people black, we had to reffer to them as "dark skinned". I mean, where the fuck does it stop, the more butthurt people get and call everything a slur the more they emphasise on how they're different. Just like people who think it's insulting to call someone gay... The media just keeps making it worse too, like how cleaning ladies are called "sanitairy professionals" (rough translation). You're a lady, you clean, you're a cleaning lady, end of story.

Whats next, just so we don't step on anyone's toes all words with colors in the are scrapped from the dictionary and everything is gray, because I mean.. it's a white house, that's just racist!

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so then I take offense to Saltines being called Cracker!

Take it off the label please, Im offended!

Really?!

I guess the fast food chain Sonic is going to be in hot water for the Brown Bag Special, meal for 2 for $5.99, that they've had for about 15 years too, huh?

Morgan Freeman had it right, to stop racism, stop talking about it.

Stop bending and spinning everything as racism and it will start to go away. A lot of racism persists because of accusations where there was no racism intended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Wait, so it's racist, even though it was used by African-American fraternities to exclude other blacks who were darker than them? What the actual fuck?
    I guess being white is top food chain that rots from inside by white idiots who thinks white people are worst thing that ever existed. God damn white pussies making pussy decisions, i say they should kill themselves, whites are not weak, so why they always picture us whites as bad?

If this crap continues, soon one can't wear a black t-shirt because it might remind someone of blackface and offend them. Just ban all colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    I guess being white is top food chain that rots from inside by white idiots who thinks white people are worst thing that ever existed. God damn white pussies making pussy decisions, i say they should kill themselves, whites are not weak, so why they always picture us whites as bad?
    It has something to do with history lol. Also probably has something to do with how ignorant people are of others in general.

They also banned the world Citizen, why is no one talking about this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I did get called a house nigger by a hispanic woman (who I don't like) because I'm relatively light.
    That's actually quite funny while of course being highly racist.

I really think people should stop giving such a fuck and just get on with their lives. Honestly, unless someone is using a word aggressively or purposefully to be a racial slut to invoke some sort of hatred, then who really cares. It's like the whole Black Sheep, Blackboard, Whiteboard, Black hole, Brain Storm etc bullshit getting far too out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Ok, so then I take offense to Saltines being called Cracker!

Take it off the label please, Im offended!

Really?!
    I lol'd.

Now seriously, I'm glad that here in Poland political correctness isn't really that much of a problem as it is in US or scandinavian countries.

Deleted
    The word "brown" is now taboo.

Henceforth, the colour shall be referred to as green plus red.