Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Could we eventually see horde and alliance raiding together? Thoughts?

Title says it all
    Do you think there will be a time where little horde and alliance children will go to raid together!?

I predict that if we do end up having another burning legion xpac the time will finally come where we will actually work together in game. Maybe the decision to give org back to the horde after the alliance cleans there mess will pave the way to better relations among horde and alliance. Both sides have had losses and triumphs but to take on sargeras will need to work together unlike ever before. This wouldn't mean an all out end to the war between horde and alliance but it could bring a whole new refreshed dynamic to the game.

Could you imagine raiding with more races. Some games already use this sort of dynamic in there games that's why I think this is highly probable.
    Last edited by Starks; 2013-08-02 at 11:09 PM.

Title says it all, and I say no. Never. And I hope they never, ever, ever! Let alliance and horde raid together.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    fuck that.......the only good Alliance is dead Alliance
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    The only good horde is Garrosh horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

It seems they are pushing more and more toward races being united.

Which actually makes sense in one way given that 1) faction imbalance is reaching all-time highs, and 2) server-wide faction imbalance is impossible to control anymore (going both ways). Also it makes playing with friends a lot easier. Arenas and RBG's didnt' matter and random battlegrounds won't even matter if they implement the RBG tool there (so for instance when you play in a historical area of conflict, you represent a faction).

Of course, it also takes away a lot. Faction Pride and World PvP being two of the most major ones.

No, I think that the Horde and Alliance conflict and faction separation/"pride" is far too integral to Warcraft's identity as a game and as a franchise to allow that in any way other than occasional teamwork with NPCs. I could always be wrong, but I truly believe that it is highly unlikely until Warcraft is on its last legs.

They need to figure out another way to address faction and server imbalances. Giving the Alliance some story attention and victories to take pride in could be a small start, but if they combine Virtual Realms in such a way as to alleviate some faction-specific population issues, that could delay a need for a united faction for a very long time.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    the only good horde is the one blizzard doesn't favor. that'll never happen. just like horde and alliance raiding together.

if sub declines get really low. I could see it happening.

how people can come up with such a stupid ideas, this game was ALWAYS, since warcraft 1 (or 0) about 2 fractions fighting eachother

I just wish I could play with my horde RealID friends.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    it wouldnt be a far stretch to imagine this in the future but i imagine the backlash would be extraordinary.

the faction pride, for me personally, is non-existent. i used to be a staunch horde supporter, as this was always my favorite faction in the rts games and my main was even an orc warlock from vanilla til wotlk but the immersion isnt really there anymore for me. it started to wane i guess at the end of BC, i prided myself with always stirring up trouble on my server and our guild would often organize cool pvp events on our servers forum which would always draw playful banter from both sides.

i dunno why its started getting less and less important but eventually it basically stopped on both sides. you might be able to lay claim that the ease at which people could reroll to the opposite faction, or change it instantly with some money made it less important but you might get chastised for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    They need to figure out another way to address faction and server imbalances. Giving the Alliance some story attention and victories to take pride in could be a small start, but if they combine Virtual Realms in such a way as to alleviate some faction-specific population issues, that could delay a need for a united faction for a very long time.
    Actually decimating/destroying some Horde could take Alliance pride a long way. Despite it being "dishonorable." Tyrande can publicly complain about it later for appearances (but still be happy inside).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milerks View Post
    how people can come up with such a stupid ideas, this game was ALWAYS, since warcraft 1 (or 0) about 2 fractions fighting eachother
    3/4 vs. 1/2 who wins?

sorry i couldnt resist

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    it wouldnt be a far stretch to imagine this in the future but i imagine the backlash would be extraordinary.
    I agree, some time ago I would have been among the backlash group.

the faction pride, for me personally, is non-existent... i dunno why its started getting less and less important but eventually it basically stopped on both sides. you might be able to lay claim that the ease at which people could reroll to the opposite faction, or change it instantly with some money made it less important but you might get chastised for it.
    I also agree. Part of it I think is what you said, part of it is just the way their storylines are evolving, part of it is World PvP dying. Part of it is now that due to faction swapping and RealID I know a ton of people on both factions and frankly care more about being able to play with them than fucking in-game "faction restrictions."

But that also means that as this shift happens, the potential backlash will be decreasing daily. Whether a good thing or not, I don't know.

3/4 vs. 1/2 who wins?

sorry i couldnt resist
    well, lorewise its about fighting eachother, however blizzard doesnt really care about the fraction balance and having more hordes in stormwind than alliances on a server at all is nothing special on some servers

No, even though I admit I like to think about stuff like this (im sure many do) I like that choosing a faction actually means something... its like choosing a football team, as a mancunian I like to say "fuck man city" and ofc "glory glory man utd".

Neither Lich king nor deathwing threat let alliance and horde joined together even though they was near destruction so I doubt there is anything else will...

I really hope so. The whole Red v. Blue thing is a tired concept. I have friends on both sides and it annoys the shit out of me that I can't play with who I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I really hope so. The whole Red v. Blue thing is a tired concept. I have friends on both sides and it annoys the shit out of me that I can't play with who I want to.
    Yeah I feel the same way, even if it was just allowed between realID friends. I imagine that would go a long way.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a couple/ few expansions time I could see it happening, especially if they do that whole Army of the Light thing.

Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    Neither Lich king nor deathwing threat let alliance and horde joined together even though they was near destruction so I doubt there is anything else will...