Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I don't like the LFR loot system because it just means one less thing for people to talk about, and the game feeling more and more lonely and singleplayer. It seems like the only thing that ever gets discussed in LFR nowadays is calling someone a noob or something. I just want a MMO experience again :/

Quote Originally Posted by habitsbreaker View Post
    its probably a lorewalker bad dream
    or a trick pulled on Garrosh, he never goes to the real SW, higher powers interfering in a special way
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Well those changes could mean the end of the "demonology-warlock and UVLS" love affair...

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    I don't like the LFR loot system because it just means one less thing for people to talk about, and the game feeling more and more lonely and singleplayer. It seems like the only thing that ever gets discussed in LFR nowadays is calling someone a noob or something. I just want a MMO experience again :/
    Then do normal modes, you'll have exactly what you want.

I actually think the loot system should be from looting the boss, like in Diablo 3, everybody can loot the boss, instead of being put directly in your bags, would make it feel better, but in the end it's the same thing.

Personally I'd love that the new system would be only available for stuff you have random people with.. if you go with 25 guildees, should be the normal loot system, or at least be able to trade it.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Rip out the heart of an old god and desecrate the land of a people you just met and oh btw their fighting style is LENGENDARY! to the point they over threw and EMPIRE with their BARE HANDS!...check
    Don't you mean "BEAR HANDS"?

=3
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

During the Garrosh encounter in Siege of Orgrimmar, players are teleported to a modified section of Temple of Jade Serpent, Terrace of Endless Spring, and Temple of the Red Crane. Each area has a sha spell surrounding part, preventing you from leaving it.
    I have a video that shows you these phase transitions, viewable here (fight explanation/commentary, and our best attempt): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C27FBH31hUw

Personally I'd love that the new system would be only available for stuff you have random people with..
    I agree, because I like the idea of having loot prioritization/discussion/distrubution is a major time of the "team environment" that the game fosters. I think there's been a major shift away from DKP/zero sum and other related loot distrubtion methods, but I'm no expert as I was kind of "late to the party" in terms of when I started playing this game.

At this point I doubt it ever would be, but if loot ever was changed along those lines, I'd be pretty disappointed. Passing on loot not only promotes rapport among players working together to kill the bosses in the first place, but it also employs strategy in that you might get a better piece down the road if the piece that drops isn't neccessarily best-in-slot, or it may be a bigger upgrade/simply a better item (BiS for your rogue, but not for you) for somene else. It encourages people to look at resources and create upgrade/BiS lists, rather than caring a lot less because loot is completely random anyways.

It needs to be random for LFR, though -- people otherwise "cheat" and double-roll with a friend to get their item. People also sell items in the run (rare, because it requires players from the same server, but I've seen it happen). It just isn't fun for the people involved. Random loot doesn't give the same feeling, and the system isn't perfect, but I have a hard time imagining a better alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanp0405 View Post
    I hate to be the guy that says this but... they always favor the horde. We've been getting facerolled every expansion, first with stormwind getting completely domilished by Deathwing and the loss of the park, and now this? Losing SW Harbor? How come horde can't lose a big chunk of org? The city's big enough as it is.
    It's amazing...
    Orgrimmar in flames -> Horde favoritism !
    Stormwind in flames -> Horde favoritism !

I wonder if it's even humanly possible to tell a story that would satisfy the few alliance complainers.

watching people on a boss fight has never been interesting. you have to play it yourself.

give the encounter a shot before bashing

I always viewed the color-coding as a way to show the level of power. Not "Hurr, purple means exclusive to hard core players like me" nonsense