10+ Year Old Account

Disconnects in RBGs

So I was doing RBGs with guildies last night, and we queue into a Silvershard Mines. Our team CR was 1777 and the other team was at 2009. Against all odds, we get to the point where we're actually winning, we only need 40 more points to win and we're all piling into the lava cart. It's come down to the last cart and whoever gets that cart will win.

Then, pretty much completely randomly, as I have had absolutely no lag issues the whole BG, my entire screen just freezes up as I'm trying to get into the cart and I disconnect. At the exact same time that I'm calling out in Skype that I've disconnected another member of the group calls out that he's just disconnected. By the time we got back in, we logged in just in time to see the other team capping the cart with their entire team inside.

I'm the disc priest and live in the southern east coast US, and the other guy who disconnected was the GM/Group Leader/TC/Warlock who lives in another time zone in Canada. My husband was in the RBG as well, sitting in the same room as me, and didn't disconnect.

We were in Skype and one member of the group was streaming the RBGs on Twitch for fun.

What just happened here? Does this sound fishy, or were we simply the victims of extremely bad luck? I just can't figure out how two of us disconnected at the exact same critical moment in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe your server disconnected?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Were you Dced in skype? Its possible to get ddosed on the port specific to wow, but more then likely you will get kicked from both without being able to re connect for a minute or more. If your friend streaming showed or has shown his skype or a call with others skypes names its simple to ddos that person after. Google skype resolver and you can type in someones skype name to get their ip for free, so be very careful with your skype!
    imo you weren't ddosed. Its weird that both people at the base were both kicked, but you still had skype. Also the likelyhood they knew who was who in the skype call ( if they got it off the stream) to match it up with the people at that base specifically is unlikely. If they had your skype names from somewhere else already then maybe.

Either way theres nothing you can do but report it to your ISP, blizz does nothing about it even with concrete proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

if you didn't dc from skype you weren't ddosed, especially seeing there was someone on your network who didn't dc either. just bad luck.

you won't get ddosed til you get to 2100+ and queue into splatted / datah / baby / abn

Deleted
    I'm a noob at skype but how the hell do you get attacked like this if the one who wants to attack you doesn't even know your skype name ?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, pretty much my whole group started going "OMG we just got DDOS'd". I'm not an internet/computer tech genius so I really don't know anything about it but when I googled for information it didn't sound like it either. We didn't disconnect from Skype, just WoW, I just found it very odd that we both went at exactly the same time and were the two people who could mass fear people out of the cart. As I said, all 10 players on both teams were in the same area because we were fighting for the final cart.

In any case a sub 1800 team beating a 2k team would have been a pretty big gain for us and pretty big loss for them in terms of CR. I'm actually glad to know it probably wasn't something malicious.

if your team honestly thinks they got ddosed, tell them to watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0mGtXcgag4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    if your team honestly thinks they got ddosed, tell them to watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0mGtXcgag4
    Aha!

I actually have had that happen to me before, but not in that specific match. Thanks for posting it!