Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    I got mugged by a bird the other day on my way to work. California; safe? I don't think so.

It is interesting to note that Irvine is safer than other areas, but I would argue that saying California, as a whole, is safer than the rest of the country might be a step too far and a conclusion based on subjectivity and skewed data.
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...

Only thing I couldn't figure out in Irvine was how to use the three seashells.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to go the University of Irvine but when I saw the housing and tuition prices I changed my mind.

Of course in a city where a lot of wealthy people live there will exist low crime.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's ironic considering that two mass shooters traveled through here in recent months; Christopher Dorner and the crazy kid that was carjacking and shooting at people.

Quote Originally Posted by specialsnowflake View Post
    That's ironic considering that two mass shooters traveled through here in recent months; Christopher Dorner and the crazy kid that was carjacking and shooting at people.
    Stewie Griffin?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, the guy that killed a prostitute in his house then drove up the freeway shooting at people in their cars then carjacked a guy at a stop sign and shot him execution style at the side of the road then killed another guy in a parking lot.

Deleted
    Safest city in the US.. And still more dangerous than the most dangerous city in my country.

9 police officers in my country has been killed the past 100 years. 1ppm of our current population.

US had 127 officers killed in 2012, that's 0.4ppm of your current population.

Your statistics are somewhat similar every year, so going by 127 as an average, you have twice as many cops killed every 5 years that we have had the past 100 years, in terms of comparison to our population.

If you look at the sheer number of officers, you have more of them killed in a month than we have had the past 100 years.

Guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Safest city in the US.. And still more dangerous than the most dangerous city in my country.

9 police officers in my country has been killed the past 100 years. 1ppm of our current population.

US had 127 officers killed in 2012, that's 0.4ppm of your current population.

Your statistics are somewhat similar every year, so going by 127 as an average, you have twice as many cops killed every 5 years that we have had the past 100 years, in terms of comparison to our population.

If you look at the sheer number of officers, you have more of them killed in a month than we have had the past 100 years.

Guns.
    And where are you from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    i think that list is off i find it doubtful that Spartanburg SC is more danagerous than Oakland California.... also thats all cities with populations greater than 25000 not 200000
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    i think that list is off i find it doubtful that Spartanburg SC is more danagerous than Oakland California.... also thats all cities with populations greater than 25000 not 200000
    Well, a place called Spartanburg must be pretty safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, maybe we'll get it next year
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberrytiger View Post
    California has some of the most violent cities in the country. I hope you are trolling. If you are really surprised that a higher economic area has lower crime rate then you must be the one person in Irvine without a college degree.
    Omg. Lolololololol. You win the Internet. That is hilarious.

On topic: There are lots of cities in south Orange County that are virtually crime free so I wonder why Irvine keeps getting the honor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Buuuuh? Irvine?

That's not right... up here in Rancho Santa Margarita, we're very nearly the safest city in the world, yo.
    http://ranchosantamargarita.patch.co...ho-s8b07eef0d7
    Just under 8 reported crimes per 1000 people is pretty good!
    Stop stealing our thunder, Irvine! Mind you, RSM is much, much smaller than Irvine... I like my proximity to the mountains though, thankyouverymuch
    RSM scares me to death. White people at bus stops and smokin' hot soccer moms all over the place.

I actually live in Irvine, and the reason the city is so safe is because it is completely regulated with ordinances and rules. This city is not "fun". Most of the area is fairly affluent, but try picturing the city as a "perfect little suburb where every house is the exact same". Irvine is safe, alright. TOO SAFE. If you consider "safe" to be having to use only certain types of grass and only being able to park nice cars (Nothing old or not sparkly allowed to be seen!) outside your house, then you will be very safe here...

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i go to school and work in irvine and i can concur that it is really safe. not only is it really safe, it's damn clean, new, people are mostly college educated and are making pretty good salaries.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Only thing I couldn't figure out in Irvine was how to use the three seashells.
    ahh, demo man... your dating yourself there m8.
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)