Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmzuay View Post
    It was a creative decision to leave out the masks in the animated shorts. The story of the masks hasn't been erased from the lore.
    It hasn't been used ever since, either. They may not want to remove the quests, but they certainly don't seem to like the idea enough to use it in the future. We've dealt with the Sha as with any other mob in the game, we hit it until it dies. I wish they had more unique and even philosophical fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It hasn't been used ever since, either. They may not want to remove the quests, but they certainly don't seem to like the idea enough to use it in the future. We've dealt with the Sha as with any other mob in the game, we hit it until it dies. I wish they had more unique and even philosophical fights.
    In patch 5.4 you can actually buy the masks from Shaohao himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    *GLUB*

That's me eating my words :P

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyGR View Post
    See guys, MoP has no Lore! This doesn't involve Illidan or Arthas, so it isn't really lore.

/sarcasm

This is one of the reasons I love MoP. Blizzard is testing new ways to tell stories, and for the first time the story of the continent will be completely wrapped up ay the end of the expansion. Blizz is also getting their money's worth out of Jim Cummings.
    blizzard is trying and its nice - mop is good filler expansion - but it just doesnt have the same "feel" as expansions before it - if it wasnt for SoO it would feel completly out of the place - its nice but its 2nd expansion in row which just feels ... average - while expansions before it had epic feeling with them - its just time to return to "roots" of wow and while i definetly dont agree with childish trolling - he has a point the game doesnt feel the same as it felt before wrath - its good but its just not the same - it needs to return to darker more mature approach if they want to stop people from turning away from game - cause besides few real lore passionates - people just dont see a point to return to game which lost "epic" feeling - most things which keeps people stil in game are friends and habit - we need soemthign which will be "ripping balls off" not somethign which u can describe as yay its really nice -_- mop is good expansion just much less epic then vanilla till wrath.

about videos - they are nice - but they will be nice for 5 minutes then totaly forgoten - i woudl rahter get 5.4 one week faster then watch those for a week while feeling compeltly bored in game -_-

Deleted
    Its a legends, its always told a little different then before.

I like the version shown in the Animation more, it shows what actually is important in fighting those burdens. You can't force your burdens away with brutality and combat, its about realising what really is important and wise to do.

Turning yourself away from doubt and never losing hope in the face of despair is the right way, not fighting it with steel and magic. Atleast thats my opinion.

I really like the story and Cho does an awesome job as always.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only sad part is that the latest episode is almost half the length of the previous ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It's pretty difficult how Blizzard handled this, actually the Sha are using Masks on people to control them.

This can be seen by the Protector of the Endless: http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/338081.jpg

During the quest http://wowpedia.org/Quest:Unmasking_the_Yaungol you also steal such a mask from a Yaungol to defeat the Sha.

However Blizzard seems to have abandoned this Part of lore later on by simply ignoring it.

Deleted
    Legends and myths always had different interpretations and retells in our own history. So, why can't Cho tell the legend how he learned or think it is? It's a 10 thousand years story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Well, jeebus. I completely agree with you on your post about how it is completely different from the Scroll lore ingame. I can't believe they'd actually put the real masks ingame for purchase - while at the same time have the animations completely contradicting Shaohao himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Legends and myths always had different interpretations and retells in our own history. So, why can't Cho tell the legend how he learned or think it is? It's a 10 thousand years story.
    It's a 10,000 year story... yet Shaohao sells the masks.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    It's a 10,000 year story... yet Shaohao sells the masks.
    The same Shaohao that just reappeared in patch 5.3, after 10 thousand years, and had no contact with anyone but the player so far?

10+ Year Old Account
    The same Shaohao that just reappeared in patch 5.3, after 10 thousand years, and had no contact with anyone but the player so far?
    Yes, the very same who's story was written in lore and passed down through millennia. I don't think there are actually any mentions of a variation without the masks throughout Pandaria. Even Ken-Ken knows about the masks, and apparently wooden masks can draw out Sha.

I can understand variations of lore and history, but whats the point of even having Shaohao selling the masks if there is a possibility that the Masks account wasn't then only interpretation?

Deleted
    Yes, the very same who's story was written in lore and passed down through millennia. I don't think there are actually any mentions of a variation without the masks throughout Pandaria. Even Ken-Ken knows about the masks, and apparently wooden masks can draw out Sha.

I can understand variations of lore and history, but whats the point of even having Shaohao selling the masks if there is a possibility that the Masks account wasn't then only interpretation?
    You misunderstood what I was saying. The Burdens videos are Cho's interpretation, most likely he doesn't knew about the masks or considered them little metaphors, that was something that only the Hozen knew it were real. So, Cho's story is based on what he knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    You misunderstood what I was saying. The Burdens videos are Cho's interpretation, most likely he doesn't knew about the masks or considered them little metaphors, that was something that only the Hozen knew it were real. So, Cho's story is based on what he knows.
    Oh, well sorry about that.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the next part is out with the Sha of Fear the focus this time. Absolutely loving these!

'Specially love the green sky of the legion and the shadow of what looks like Illidan or a normal demon.
    Butts.

Part 3 has been added to the original post:

10+ Year Old Account
    Always good & always looking forward to the next one !!

This was probably my favourite one so far. I really could watch a longer movie by Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    That ended pretty curiously :|

I wonder how they will tie in the other Sha, and I wonder if there is something to this army he is talking about.

That ended pretty curiously :|

I wonder how they will tie in the other Sha, and I wonder if there is something to this army he is talking about.
    Indeed. Until that, we were unaware that they were going to try and fight the legion.

Maybe the sundering happened before they could follow through. Perhaps we represent the army that he was trying to raise. Us going and conquering all the sha draws a lot of parallels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Indeed. Until that, we were unaware that they were going to try and fight the legion.

Maybe the sundering happened before they could follow through. Perhaps we represent the army that he was trying to raise. Us going and conquering all the sha draws a lot of parallels.
    Might very well be that the Legion attacked Pandaria and the land had to be defended until the Sundering occurred.