[Demonology] AOE help

Hello everyone,

I need a bit of advice on AoE management in demonology spec.
    On single targets i top the meters but then i crash and burn during trash packs.

What i usually do is Corruption every target (unless there are like 10+ like shadow pan monastery beginning).
    HoGx2 on the highest health target
    If i have enough Fury i use Meta and Doom targets as well while Hellfire is active.
    And blade storm my pt.

I have a hard time managing a lot of targets at once, the tabbing the re-applying watching fury and cooldowns.
    Any tips and tricks for a beginner?

(Iv'e read the demonology guide several times before posting this)

Deleted
    What I've been taught, is to use HoG once, then quickly go demon form and use Chaos Wave, this trick makes the HoG do extra damage since it doesn't land until your in demon form, I then proceed to use immo aura and void ray with my pet spinning,

If i have low fury, I will use corruption and hellfire to build up,
    Casting doom on the targets is a bit unnecessary since they'll die before being hit by a few ticks of doom, which doesn't make it worthwhile to cast in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzai123 View Post
    What I've been taught, is to use HoG once, then quickly go demon form and use Chaos Wave, this trick makes the HoG do extra damage since it doesn't land until your in demon form, I then proceed to use immo aura and void ray with my pet spinning,

If i have low fury, I will use corruption and hellfire to build up,
    Casting doom on the targets is a bit unnecessary since they'll die before being hit by a few ticks of doom, which doesn't make it worthwhile to cast in that situation.
    Voidray without an initial Corruption?

Hi.

Demonology AoE is widely different depending on a) the duration the mobs will be alive for and b) the amount of mobs. If it is like 10+ then I'd open up with sending your felguard in and cast 1 hand of gul'dan, and in the first 4 seconds of Shadowflame, cast more corruptions. As soon as the Shadowflame timer reaches 2 seconds, you NEED to cast the second Hand of Gul'dan and go directly into Meta. As soon as you're in Meta, I'd follow up with Carrion Swarm and then void ray until a) you run out of fury or b) you've got 1 or 2 HoG at the ready. If you've got 1 left, and they will survive the whole Shadowflame, I'd quickly hop out of Meta, cast HoG, then hop back in and reactivate Immolation aura and proceed the abovementioned action. I'll summarize;

Long duration Demonology AoE:
    - Hand of Gul'dan on the most central mob AND /petattack
    - 3-4 Corruptions
    - Hand of Gul'dan
    - Metamorphosis
    - Immolation Aura
    - Felstorm (Do this between GCDs, as it is not on your own GCD)
    - Carrion Swarm
    - Doom / Void Ray (Void if Corr about to fall off, Doom if no doom present)
    - 1st Hand of Gul'dan (only if 2 charges available)
    - Hellfire
    - 2nd Hand of Gul'dan
    Rince and repeat

Short duration Demonology AoE:
    - Pre-emptively activate Immolation Aura, and never let it fall off.
    - Move Felguard into position, pre-emptively activate Felstorm
    - Either 1x Hand of Gul'dan and 1x Chaos Wave, or 2x Chaos Wave, depending on how long mobs live.
    - Carrion Swarm
    - Void Ray
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

10+ Year Old Account
    10+ mobs I try to get two dark souled chaos waves in there. Makes for some epic burst damage.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    10+ mobs I try to get two dark souled chaos waves in there. Makes for some epic burst damage.
    Believe it or not, but 2x Chaos Waves deals less damage than 2 Hand of Gul'dans with proper weaving.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Only if the mobs will survive the full duration of the DoT. On stuff like Lei Shen's balls, they'll be dead before the DoT ends, so a 2x Chaos Wave is better.
    (Depending on group DPS, obviously).

Basically, pound Lei Shen's balls hard and fast and you win. I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    Only if the mobs will survive the full duration of the DoT. On stuff like Lei Shen's balls, they'll be dead before the DoT ends, so a 2x Chaos Wave is better.
    (Depending on group DPS, obviously).

Basically, pound Lei Shen's balls hard and fast and you win. I guess.
    Actually I think with meta-weaved HoGs you only need like 3 seconds of the 2 stack for it to be equivalent.

Deleted
    hey,
    which spells are affected by mannoroth’s fury? What I mean is, does is also ‘buff’ carrion swarm and hand of gul’dan? And what about the felstorm? Was thinking about trying demo on AOE fights, thanks for your help

Yes to HoG and Carrion, I don't think it effects Fel Storm though as that's your pets AoE, not yours.

Thanks for the advice!