Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Another cop harassment ordeal

yall need to check this out. more police harassment and profiling!

http://www.break.com/video/one-of-la...finest-2501305

She was kind of an asshole in the second half, but these videos of people that keep saying 'Am I being detained?' are quite honestly kind of annoying.

It's essentially a reverse fishing expedition where you goad the policeman into doing or saying something they shouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

This thread is inappropriate

THREAD CLOSED!

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    She was kind of an asshole in the second half, but these videos of people that keep saying 'Am I being detained?' are quite honestly kind of annoying.

It's essentially a reverse fishing expedition where you goad the policeman into doing or saying something they shouldn't.
    It's funny because it's always "Why not just answer the officers question, stop giving them a hard time!"
    However when you try to ask them a question they act like this.
    Why not just answer the question without all the cursing and profiling and threatining?

Well, that woman's certainly a spectacular cunt.

- - - Updated - - -

I... don't understand? I'm really not seeing how asking, "can I go?" is a fishing expedition. I'm sure there's an occasional individual that's looking to make some sort of statement, but the vast, vast majority of people asking if they can leave just want to leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood the desire to be a raging douche to police. I got pulled over once, it was totally legit and a mistake on my part for not putting my new tags on. Once I showed them my new tax sitting in my glove box and my insurance, they went away.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I agreed that the other video of the asshole cop, the one that went viral was harassment of the person pulled over. But this one is not harassment, this one is the person who was pulled over being a combative dick.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I never understood the desire to be a raging douche to police. I got pulled over once, it was totally legit and a mistake on my part for not putting my new tags on. Once I showed them my new tax sitting in my glove box and my insurance, they went away.
    Thats how it is supposed to go.
    What this lady did was pretty rude.

The reason that you don't understand the desire to be a raging douche to police is because you've never experienced police harassment. I've never had anything that makes me feel as powerless, frustrated, and just flat out wronged by injustice.

In any case, I don't see how saying, "may I go?" or some variant thereof is being a raging douche. No one's legally or ethically obligated to answer a series of questions that can have no positive benefit for them; feeling bound by the normal politeness that you would towards a stranger doesn't really make sense in this context.

Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    I agreed that the other video of the asshole cop, the one that went viral was harassment of the person pulled over. But this one is not harassment, this one is the person who was pulled over being a combative dick.
    I had to watch it again.
    At what point did he become combative?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Why not just answer the question without all the cursing and profiling and threatining?
    Way I see it, she answered most of his questions in the beginning while he kept dodging her questions. Then she turned into a massive bitch, but she still answered 3 of his questions fairly quickly at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I... don't understand? I'm really not seeing how asking, "can I go?" is a fishing expedition. I'm sure there's an occasional individual that's looking to make some sort of statement, but the vast, vast majority of people asking if they can leave just want to leave.
    To which she responded that he was free to go. And if he *really* wanted to leave he would have just said "Oh I'm headed to Best Buy" or something and gone on his way. I'm thinking that wasn't really his intention, since he had his camera all ready to go before hand. This isn't Russia or China, most people don't have cameras rolling in their cars just because.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I had to watch it again.
    At what point did he become combative?
    He wasn't combative. I would say uncooperative if anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand. Why didn't he just go? I mean he seemed fine for a minute and then he stayed. I'm really confused on what the heck happened. I mean the officer did lose her temper at the end but I am still baffled why the guy just stayed instead of leaving and moving on.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

To which she responded that he was free to go. And if he *really* wanted to leave he would have just said "Oh I'm headed to Best Buy" or something and gone on his way. I'm thinking that wasn't really his intention, since he had his camera all ready to go before hand. This isn't Russia or China, most people don't have cameras rolling in their cars just because.
    After past experiences, I very much wish I had started recording the minute I was approached by police. Want to feel really helpless? Get threatened by a State Trooper. There's literally nothing at all you can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason that you don't understand the desire to be a raging douche to police is because you've never experienced police harassment. I've never had anything that makes me feel as powerless, frustrated, and just flat out wronged by injustice.
    Oh the cop reacted like a human being when I was an ass! OH THE INJUSTICE!!

In any case, I don't see how saying, "may I go?" or some variant thereof is being a raging douche. No one's legally or ethically obligated to answer a series of questions that can have no positive benefit for them; feeling bound by the normal politeness that you would towards a stranger doesn't really make sense in this context.
    There is a legal difference. Being detained is a legal thing, but that doesn't mean when a cop pulls you over you're not free to go.

Also: why would one bad experience, and this IS pretty tame as far as "police injustice" goes make me a raging asshole towards all cops? That's just stupid.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Oh the cop reacted like a human being when I was an ass! OH THE INJUSTICE!!

There is a legal difference. Being detained is a legal thing, but that doesn't mean when a cop pulls you over you're not free to go.

Also: why would one bad experience, and this IS pretty tame as far as "police injustice" goes make me a raging asshole towards all cops? That's just stupid.
    They're cops, they shouldn't act like normal human beings.

Officer, am I being detained or am I free to go? If he says you are free to go then get to stepping immediately. If he says you're being detained then you have a right to remain silent and you should always exercise that right. Nothing you say to a cop will be to your benefit. Also, do not ever consent to searches ever. If the cop didn't need your permission he wouldn't ask. There are many articles on the internet by lawyers that instruct you on how to act during police encounters. Educate yourself. Personally, I don't trust cops no further than I can throw a bag of cement. Also, I'm white and never been in trouble ever with the law but that doesn't make me trust them.

Sorry, but I have no respect for people like the driver. There is no reason to give the cop a hard time for a simple question like, "So where are you headed?"

Yes, the driver is not obligated to answer it. Yes, the cop did get bitchy (though to be fair, cops in LA deal with a ton of shit so their tolerance for it is low). But the bottom line is this kind of situation can almost always be avoided by simply being polite to cops. It's amazing how appreciative cops can be when you're compliant with simple requests that don't really infringe upon your rights or privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sorry, but I have no respect for people like the driver. There is no reason to give the cop a hard time for a simple question like, "So where are you headed?"

Yes, the driver is not obligated to answer it. Yes, the cop did get bitchy (though to be fair, cops in LA deal with a ton of shit so their tolerance for it is low). But the bottom line is this kind of situation can almost always be avoided by simply being polite to cops. It's amazing how appreciative cops can be when you're compliant with simple requests that don't really infringe upon your rights or privacy.
    I've been polite to police. I also remained harassed.

Deleted
    After past experiences, I very much wish I had started recording the minute I was approached by police. Want to feel really helpless? Get threatened by a State Trooper. There's literally nothing at all you can do.
    That's the worst thing, a police officer can be a power hungry bully - waiting to ruin a persons day. And ultimately, not be brought to justice for being a dick.

The majority of officers at the end of the day, are doing a stressful job and will be impartial to everything - of course there are some who love there job, and go out of there way to help citizens.

And then there are those who are just bully's in disguise given a badge and a handgun, where it then becomes an officers word v a citizens suspected of whatever they could bring up.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I've been polite to police. I also remained harassed.
    Then that's when you have a case against them and bring it up with them. Of all my friends, the ones that give cops the most flack are the ones that get harassed by them the most, while the polite ones never really have to deal with much because they don't piss off the cops.