Page 1 of 79
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mafia 30: Game of Thrones

DO NOT POST IF YOU AREN'T PART OF THE GAME!!!

Those of you that are new to my games, or any games at all, I'll cover how things are run by me. The game alternates between Day and Night Phases. Day Phases will typically be 48 hours long though they may be shorter if a lynch happens prior to that. There is NO talking in the game thread once Night Phase starts. Night Phase will last between 24 to 36 hours (this will be decided by the mods based on when night is started).

Day Phase: This is when you openly speak in the thread and discuss your thoughts and beliefs on other players in the game. The objective of the Day Phase is to lynch one player who you believe is in opposition to your win condition. A lynch will happen when a majority of votes is placed on any one player. If time runs out on day phase then the player with the most votes will be lynched. If there is more than 1 person tied with the most votes then the player who reached the most votes first will be lynched.

To vote on someone for a lynch simply follow these instructions:

On its own separate line and in BOLD type out:

Vote: Player Name

If you want to change your vote then you just have to simply vote for someone else (To help me out I wouldn't mind if you used Unvote Vote: Player Y , but unvoting is not required.

If you do not have a vote on anyone (including yourself) at deadline, you will lose your voting privilege the following day. This only matters when we hit the deadline. You will be notified in a PM whether or not you can use your vote. In the instance that you do lose your vote, you will not be penalized a second day for not putting a placeholder vote.

Night Phase: This is when you get in your night actions. Your night actions will be submitted to me through a Quick Topic thread I will setup for you. If you do not get your night action in during the set time frame then you forfeit your action for that night. Precedence of roles generally goes: Roleblock related (e.g. Jailkeeper) > Crazy Effect Related (e.g. Busdriver) > Protection Related > Kill Related > Investigation Related.

Basic rules:

1. Don't quote or screenshots your role (feel free to briefly summarize it in your own words, however). I will modkill anyone if I feel they crossed the line.

2. Don't speak to anyone else that is playing this game outside of your assigned threads (game thread and quick topic thread). This also means don't speak to other players through people who aren't playing and don't speak to other players about the game in person. If you break these rules you will most likely be modkilled. Since this can't be tracked by the mods we are working on an honor system. This is just a game that is supposed to be fun, so please don't ruin that fun for others. If you do slip up and talk about the game with someone else please inform me ASAP with exactly what was said. If I feel it will have an impact on the game you will be modkilled. I may also choose to be lenient if it was an honest slip that doesn't end up giving away too much.

3. Don't ruin the game for everyone else.

4. Don't break the forum rules.

Additional Rules:

1. Once you are dead, you may only post in the thread for dead players, so do not continue to post in your faction's thread if you were in one. Also, please keep communication with alive players to a minimum so you do not give anybody an unfair advantage. If you post as a dead player in this thread, your post(s) will be deleted.

2. Editing of posts after 10 minutes is forbidden.

3. Deleting posts is forbidden.

As the sun rose over Winterfell a loud rumbling could be heard in the distance.

War.

It had finally reached the North.

Onwards marched the armies of the House of Lannister. They were here for one purpose. They were here to destroy Winterfell and kill all that were allied to the House of Stark.

Alive:

1. Anakso
    2. listo95
    3. PistolPink
    4. Silkku

Dead:

1. Nightfury Treann - Jaime Lannister - Member of the House of Lannister Lynched Day 1 (Post 503)
    2. Arialla - Joffrey Baratheon - King of the Seven Kingdoms Killed Night 1 (Post 514)
    3. Robozerim - Jaqen H'ghar - Smallfolk (VT) / Mercenary Killed Night 1 (Post 514)
    4. LaReine - Osha - Smallfolk (VT) Lynched Day 2 (Post 978)
    5. Danner - Gendry - Smallfolk (VT) Lynched Day 2 (Post 978)
    6. Blood Fox - Three-eyed Raven - Investigator Killed Night 2 (Post 980)
    7. Xanjori - Luwin - Maester Killed Night 2 (Post 980)
    8. Falbacca - Arya - Smallfolk (VT) / Vigilante Killed Mid Day 3 (Post 1253)
    9. Virothe - Cersei Lannister - Member of the House of Lannister Lynched Day 3 (Post 1317)
    10. Cattaclysmic - Tyrion Lannister- Traitor Killed Night 3 (Post 1319)
    11. Celtic209 - Walder Frey - Traitor Killed Night 3 (Post 1319)
    12. Dyra - Ghost - "Bomb" Killed Night 3 (Post 1319)
    13. Uggorthaholy - Petyr Baelish - Master of Coin Lynched Day 4 (Post 1407)
    14. Greeney - Jon Snow - Member of House Stark Killed Night 4 (Post 1409)
    15. Omertocracy - Bran Stark - Warg / Member of House Stark Killed Night 4 (Post 1409)
    16. Rollo - Tywin Lannister - Lord of House Lannister / Investigator Lynched Day 5 (Post 1517)
    17. Keleb - Jojen Reed - Jack of all Trades Killed Night 5 (Post 1519)
    18. Kel - Lancel Lannister - Member of the House of Lannister Lynched Day 6 (Post 1546)
    19. ElyPop - Hodor - Smallfolk (VT) / Town Drunk Killed Night 6 (Post 1549)

Deadline for end of Day 1 will be Monday Aug 5th at 3:00PM (15:00) EDT / 7:00PM (1900) UTC.

With 23 alive, it takes 12 to lynch!

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/edt-to-utc-converter
    Last edited by Krayzy; 2013-08-17 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Hodor.
    *nods*

Hodor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already confused therefore I am doing well!

I say Kray must be Petyr Baelish - if anyone is a puppetmaster its him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well now, time for me to go find a wiki and try to learn these people!

Deleted
    vote Uggor

Killing off Littlefinger seems like the best plan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Well now, time for me to go find a wiki and try to learn these people!
    http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/...f_Thrones_Wiki

- - - Updated - - -

If for some reason you didn't get a role then send me a PM. I'm pretty sure I PM'd everyone though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you Mr. Lion cub!

Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    vote Uggor

Thats what he wants you to think!

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if Bran Stark can use Hodor for night actions...

Where's the bigass "DON'T POST HEEREEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Vote: Nightfury Treann
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Hodor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    *nods*

Hodor.
    Guys - Dont hardclaim so early! Scum will get ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    vote Uggor

Agreed

Vote Uggor

In case anyone forgot Krayzy has implemented a town "faction" in opposition to the mafia faction. Each faction can recruit someone for one night and use their powers as they see fit so be careful when RCing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hod-
    Vote: Lysah

10+ Year Old Account
    4 mentions of Hodor (whatever that is) in 13 posts. Yay for confusing the people who know nothing about GoT!

Good morning, goodfolk of Winterfell!

To those of you I have not played with before, the name's Danner and this is my third game. I like logic. I dislike lurkers. If you can convince me of something using logic, you win brownie points. I also like to track something I call "cake counters", which is a score point thing that I offer to any insight or reasoned argument. I believe that scum are mainly found in the shallow end of the cake counter pool!

For day 1 I prefer to lynch a lurker. We'll see if we have one this game!

--

On to business!

As you may have noticed from the signup thread, a special mechanic of this game is that the mafia (and some mason town group) can "recruit" you for a night. From what I gathered in the recruitment thread, this mean they steal your ability and use it as they see fit. While it may not be a very bad thing that the masons steals your ability; but if the mafia steals it you're probably better of dead than recruited. And who knows what happens if both sides recruits you.

So... if you ARE a town power role, think very hard about whether roleclaiming is a good idea. An outed cop power role will likely never find any true results ever again. An outed doctor power role will likely not be able to protect anyone. Consider whether claiming is a good thing. I will seriously smack anyone roleclaiming on day 1.

--

As for mass character claims (I see Elypop is quick to it), there may be something to doing that. I'm initially positive to doing it. Doing it will flush out scum - there is no falseclaims possible with 23 roles and 23 players. While we may may not assume that all Lannisters are mafia players (Tyrion?), nor that all non-lannisters are town aligned, it should at least flush out who is lying, and it should allow us some strong suspicions based on the remaining roles. While it is possible that Joffrey Baratheon is a town player aligned against the evil mafia player Robb Stark, whom is hellbent on conquering Winterfell for the Lannisters, that just doesn't make sense now does it

There is a downside to mass claiming though. Most games have some sort of protection against it. Punishers, roleblockers, redirectors (heeey!) or special mechanics. I see at least the redirector at play here. Which makes me a bit scared about doing it.

Opinions?
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Already too much Hodoring going on...

FoS: Hodor

Oh yeah. I also really need to mention something.

I have not actually read or watched the show! Not that I do not want to read/watch it, mind you. I just can't stand waiting for these things, so I tend to watch them when they near the end.

I am however hard spoiled through TV Tropes and bad friends. But if I miss some reference, now you know! (I'll read up on all the characters I don't know NOW!)
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    This game will drive me insane before the end all due to GoT stuff... well back to the wiki I go to try and get some info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    And who knows what happens if both sides recruits you.
    Opinions?
    My opinion (no information, just a W.A.G.) is that if both sides recruit you, Kray will flip a coin to see whose target gets the action, but not tell either side who won.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Kray, the books/show are about violence and (probably non-consentual) sex. This is a mafia game so there will be plenty of the former. What mechanics did you introduce for the latter?

Deleted
    You forgot your Finger of Trust Danner

Actually I'd argue against CCing as well. Not far as RCing mind you (because we need to figure some things out) but there are certain characters that are mighty important and would most likely be given power roles eg Luwin who is a maester (kinda like a priest but more knowledgeable) is a good candidate for doctor. Hence be careful when CCing as well!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Also, Kray, the books/show are about violence and (probably non-consentual) sex. This is a mafia game so there will be plenty of the former. What mechanics did you introduce for the latter?
    LMFAO

Cant stop laughing +10 internetz to you Omer