Gigabyte Aivia Osmium doesn't work!

So yea, I bought the Gigabyte Aivia Osmium Cherry Red Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, and it doesn't seem to work.
    The macro switch logo button glows and changes colors just fine when I tap it, and the volume wheel / mute button along with the Macro keys work perfectly fine. But the keyboard part is completely useless. I can't tell if I am doing something wrong or not since this is my first mechanical keyboard. I've downloaded their Aivia Ghost macro application to see if that helped, but it didn't. I've also tried the keyboard out in all of my comuters, friends computers, and different USB ports. It simply won't work. o- o
    Guess I should just return it?
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-08-03 at 09:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Return it, likely a broken unit.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Flashing the latest version of the firmware might work, though it could be a problem that only they can fix;
    Link to firmware
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Flashing the latest version of the firmware might work, though it could be a problem that only they can fix;
    Link to firmware
    I did that already. I made sure that I chose the correct operating system too.

Quote Originally Posted by CheezusCrust View Post
    Return it, likely a broken unit.
    Just waiting for UPS now. I'm thinking of getting the Corsair K60 next.

Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    Just waiting for UPS now. I'm thinking of getting the Corsair K60 next.
    Having used both the k60 and the k70, I'll say that the k70 is a much better option if you can afford it. The k60's aren't fully mechanical and have a very awkward wrist-rest. The k70's upgraded to all mechanical switches, have a better wrist-rest(if not the greatest, still better than that wonky left wrist monstrosity), and have customizable backlighting(Might not be an important feature, but illuminating only the keys I want at night is somewhat helpful). Overall I'd say the k70 has been the best gaming keyboard I've ever used.

(I realize this doesn't mean much since this is my first post, but I promise I've been lurking these forums for years )

Quote Originally Posted by AuroRyz View Post
    Having used both the k60 and the k70, I'll say that the k70 is a much better option if you can afford it. The k60's aren't fully mechanical and have a very awkward wrist-rest. The k70's upgraded to all mechanical switches, have a better wrist-rest(if not the greatest, still better than that wonky left wrist monstrosity), and have customizable backlighting(Might not be an important feature, but illuminating only the keys I want at night is somewhat helpful). Overall I'd say the k70 has been the best gaming keyboard I've ever used.

(I realize this doesn't mean much since this is my first post, but I promise I've been lurking these forums for years )
    I was looking at the K70, and even though it definitely looks to be the better board, I don't have the extra money for it. :\
    The K60's function keys (including escape) and delete pad are the only buttons without mechanical switches, which is alright since I have no gaming need for those keys. I'm thinking of waiting out to see if the K70 will ever go down in price or perhaps go on a sale. I really do want the back light so I can see in the dark (I still can't type 100% perfect without being able to see the board.)

10+ Year Old Account

Lurking as well, came in to say i love my k-70, bought it and loving it since it launched. So smooth, and the individual backlit keys are very cool.

Replace

Replace it with a good one. If you find it is running well, then you should change your faulty new keyboard.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you should return it and change your keyboard with another new one.

Deleted
    I'll say that the k70 is a much better option if you can afford it. The k60's aren't fully mechanical and have a very awkward wrist-rest.
    Well, every meaningful key is mechanical...

This is why I only buy logitech.

I got burned repeatedly on peripherals, especially keyboards, from all the "major" gaming brands like Razor, cyborg, steelseries, until I started buying logitech gear.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-08-16 at 06:13 PM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    This is why I only buy logitech.

I got burned repeatedly on peripherals, especially keyboards, from all the "major" gaming brands like Razor, cyborg, steelseries, until I started buying logitech gear.
    Even Logitech has their issues. I had one of their mechanical keyboards and the spacebar stopped working 6 months in. Their mice have been repeatedly flaky for me too. No brand is perfect.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.