Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    They weren't already...?
    My thoughts exactly.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    In other news:
    US embassies been closed all over the middle east due to AQ but somehow gay people getting VISA's is the #1 State Department news at MMO-C.

But clearly gays getting Visa's is more shocking to some people..
    There isn't a thread on that already? Why not post one, Bakis?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    What? You think Europe doesn't have social conservatives?
    I think you misread my statement. I said that most European countries don't recognize same-sex marriage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    inb4 US is flooded with gay refugees from Russia.

Not that I would be at all opposed to that, though. I'm in favor of anything that creates more Americans at the expense of another country.
    I think the only problem with imigrants is when they are ilegals, that those cause a problem, but if they are legal it doesn't cause anything bad

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    I think you misread my statement. I said that most European countries don't recognize same-sex marriage.
    No I understood you quite correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I think the only problem with imigrants is when they are ilegals, that those cause a problem, but if they are legal it doesn't cause anything bad
    Heck, I even like the illegals. They're the backbone of our dirt-cheap food industry. Get rid of them, and suddenly strawberries quadruple in price...

I'm not saying give everyone amnesty (then we'd have to over-pay them like every other American, and before you know it they'd have unions, and then we're paying 10x the normal price of strawberries...), but maybe we just, I don't know, relax our enforcement a bit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ....We support so many millions already. What makes gays not worthy of Visas?
    It has to do with the fact that now anyone can get a visa if they just find an American to say they are gay (whether they really are or not) and they want to be a couple. I could put an ad on Craigslist selling visa for a million dollars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    In other news:
    People aren't allowed to care about one thing because there are other issues going on in the world...

Wait.
    The problem is when people ignore important news and focus on unimportant news. Nobody other than gay people want gay people to get visas

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The problem is when people ignore important news and focus on unimportant news. Nobody other than gay people want gay people to get visas
    Well, I'm glad you're here to arbitrate what is or isn't important for everybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has to do with the fact that now anyone can get a visa if they just find an American to say they are gay (whether they really are or not) and they want to be a couple. I could put an ad on Craigslist selling visa for a million dollars.
    Stopping people from doing that is more important than allowing REAL gay couples into the country? Well okay then...

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't that mean you are gay? I do not see another reason why you would want a fake gay marriage, when all this time you could have a fake straight marriage. You wouldn't commit fraud unless you can pretend to be gay at the same time?

I'm not gay, but I want gay people to be able to be treated just like everyone else. I am able to care about this issue at the same time as many others. In fact, I have a clear indicator for when I think an issue is something people shouldn't care about... I don't care enough to post about it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalega View Post
    Stopping people from doing that is more important than allowing REAL gay couples into the country? Well okay then...
    I don't understand why he would wait to commit fraud until he can pretends to be gay too. He has had his whole life that he could have committed fraud and not pretend to be gay.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    There are starving kids in Africa!! You are not allowed to be happy or talk about anything else!

Sorry, embassies got closed for month. How does any of this affect me. I cant re-open them. I cant make the threats go away by being angry on the internet.
    Making thread and "spreading awareness" does nothing becuase its out of our control. I cant go vote or different politicians to make this issue go away or change.
    You dont have to be police of "whats important news" here.

I'd say visa issue is more "closer issue" to people (as this also affects people from other countries too who might move to US) than embassy in middle east no one but government has control over.

Also can you explain the last sentence with more detail? You cant be straight and support gay couples to be treated in same level as straight couples when it comes to visas? Or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Doesn't that mean you are gay? I do not see another reason why you would want a fake gay marriage, when all this time you could have a fake straight marriage. You wouldn't commit fraud unless you can pretend to be gay at the same time?
    You dont think someone paying you 1,000,000 dollars to fake a gay marriage isnt worth it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    There are starving kids in Africa!! You are not allowed to be happy or talk about anything else!

Sorry, embassies got closed for month. How does any of this affect me. I cant re-open them. I cant make the threats go away by being angry on the internet.
    Making thread and "spreading awareness" does nothing becuase its out of our control. I cant go vote or different politicians to make this issue go away or change.
    You dont have to be police of "whats important news" here.

I'd say visa issue is more "closer issue" to people (as this also affects people from other countries too who might move to US) than embassy in middle east no one but government has control over.

Also can you explain the last sentence with more detail? You cant be straight and support gay couples to be treated in same level as straight couples when it comes to visas? Or what?
    Yes, 99% of straight people dont care about gay news and dont really care about their struggles since they could easily just live a straight life and make them all the struggles go away

You dont think someone paying you 1,000,000 dollars to fake a gay marriage isnt worth it?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, 99% of straight people dont care about gay news and dont really care about their struggles since they could easily just live a straight life and make them all the struggles go away
    This is factually not true. You're just trying to justify your own indifference to discrimination.

No I understood you quite correctly.
    My statement was made in context. Rizendragon said that America is "far behind" other first-world countries because we haven't fully recognized gay marriage. I merely corrected him by showing that most other first-world countries don't recognize gay marriage either.

My statement was made in context. Rizendragon said that America is "far behind" other first-world countries because we haven't fully recognized gay marriage. I merely corrected him by showing that most other first-world countries don't recognize gay marriage either.
    Thanks to the ultra conservative d-bags in the US our country is several years behind in some of the new social norms outside our country.
    What he said is 100% true. Your nonsequiter about not every country in the EU recognizing gay marriage is just that, a nonsequiter.

What he said is 100% true. Your nonsequiter about not every country in the EU recognizing gay marriage is just that, a nonsequiter.
    Not only is it "not every country in the EU," it's most of the countries in the EU. And given that he was using gay marriage as the example in this case, it is quite fitting. Heck, a good deal, if not most, European countries have banned gay marriage in their constitutions. So no, his statement isn't even remotely true.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Orlong;21974385]It has to do with the fact that now anyone can get a visa if they just find an American to say they are gay (whether they really are or not) and they want to be a couple. I could put an ad on Craigslist selling visa for a million dollars.

Except for the fact that straight people do this already and the government has probably created safeguards against this form of fraud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    God, Guns, Gays and Gynecology - the Republican 4G Network.

Not only is it "not every country in the EU," it's most of the countries in the EU. And given that he was using gay marriage as the example in this case, it is quite fitting. Heck, a good deal, if not most, European countries have banned gay marriage in their constitutions. So no, his statement isn't even remotely true.
    "some of the new social norms outside our country"

If only two countries outside the US recognize gay marriage his statement is true. Are you even reading?

You go ahead and try it then, tell us how that goes. Stop grasping for straws.

Except for the fact that straight people do this already and the government has probably created safeguards against this form of fraud.
    They do, and very very few can get away with it

And this problem is unqiue to homosexual marriages how?

Tyranny of the majority? No thanks, and I think you're pulling your numbers out of your ass as well.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

"some of the new social norms outside our country"

If only two countries outside the US recognize gay marriage his statement is true. Are you even reading?
    His full statement was: "Thanks to the ultra conservative d-bags in the US our country is several years behind in some of the new social norms outside our country."

It appears that he's ignorant of what other first world countries are actually like. The grass is always greener...