Thread: Master Yi Nerf

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Master Yi Nerf

IS A LIE!!!!

Has anyone played with one since the "fix" and not seen multiple quad kills? How about not making him invisible/untargetable while he alpha strikes? It's like you're whole team gets bitch slapped by an invisible ghost and there's nothing you can do.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You couldnt target master yi before during his alpha strike, really its not hard get a randuins and a frozen heart on the team and you are good

Played against him once in ARAM and it wasn't much different. Still the insane damage + triple/quad kills with Alpha Strike. I don't know what they attempted to achieve with the rework but I can't really see a difference

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Played against him once in ARAM and it wasn't much different. Still the insane damage + triple/quad kills with Alpha Strike. I don't know what they attempted to achieve with the rework but I can't really see a difference
    basically, they neutered his heal. IMO they sort of overcompensated in the buffs to the other parts of his kit.

Saw a penta of him yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by edlike View Post
    basically, they neutered his heal. IMO they sort of overcompensated in the buffs to the other parts of his kit.
    This, sorta. I'm not sure alpha strike got buffed "too" much, From what I notice its less or on par as before, but his autoattacks actually do a damn thing not since he does go AD, so he has more sustain with similar burst as before. And as someone else mentioned, I'm sure the scaling of his alpha strike will probably be turned down a notch or too.

He really isn't an issue outside of low level play. He's completely neutered by any and all CC or attack speed debuffs. The problem with Yi is he is extremely good at snowballing (much like say Katarina, Akali, Kha'Zix etc.) if people don't know how to play against him which leads to a perception in the lower skill levels that a champion is broken when in fact they are not.

If we look at win rates he jumped up to about 51% after his rework which is fairly consistent with balanced release champions (they have a popularity spike and until people learn to play with them they cause slight issues). If his win rate has not dropped down to about 50% by the time his popularity surge ends I would be surprised and even as is he is no where near an absurd win rate they are tons of balanced champions higher than him currently.

Deleted
    It was not a nerf, but a champion rework.

Deleted
    I played against a low lvl Yi yesterday in top lane. I was Nocturne for fun and started with Cloth Armor and 5 pots. I had 100 CS when he had 20 CS. I dominated him hard but couldn't kill him because he does his Q once under the tower and all minions are basically gone. So basically he was worth nothing, with only around 40 CS after 17 minutes I thought it would be safe to let him farm a bit so I could go gank some lanes. Boy, was I wrong. In 5 minutes he had my tower and was equal to my CS. He got a quadrakill. Luckily our bot went something like 10/0, otherwise we would have lost the game. It's insane how you can get completely destroyed in lane as a champion and still dominate team fights.
    I've been playing this game for more than a year (since Zyra release) now and I have never seen such an OP champion.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Master Yi rework wasn't intented to be a nerf.It was to get rid of AP Yi so that they can make yi what he should be, a melee adc.Now that he has kinda decent AD kit to work on they can adjust his damage without making him trash.To be honest they should have tested his power level before release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Difference is, he can annihilate tanks now with his true damage, and does consistent damage outside of his Q spam. Gotta love how Riot 'fix' champions.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    He has ALWAYS been invisible and untargetable during alpha strike. As to the nerf, AP Yi is nerfed into the ground and people have gone back to AD the way he was intended to be played. The "nerf" was to AP, not AD, and yes I have seen many quadra and pentas from AD Yi in the past few days. Nothing new as he did the same thing previously as AP, just now he is more easily killed.
    I was meaning nerf more in the terms of overall balance, ie stopping him from raping most teams spamming 1 button, and a generally low sense of skill or technique involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwraith View Post
    Difference is, he can annihilate tanks now with his true damage, and does consistent damage outside of his Q spam. Gotta love how Riot 'fix' champions.
    "We here at Riot don't like AP Yi, he was never intended to be built that way. We have now decided to make his Q scale off of AD, have the same burst as before but now, you have better autoattacks, can shorten the Q's cooldown with autoattacks. We think it's a job well done and we haven't told you about how he's going to be the only champion next patch who isn't allowed to be banned in the next patch. SO basically, whoever has first pick wins the game. This is so the game is more player friendly, now everyone's a winner."
    Last edited by Duronos; 2013-08-04 at 08:26 AM.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    New AD Yi's Q does as much damage as old AP Yi's Q? Nowhere near it.

That said. First pentakill ever few days ago. AD Yi of course. He's simply still awesome if you have enough of a CC team and manage to reset your Q's and E's.

Friends and I played premade 5s where I went malphite. Anytime I was able to engage 2-3 of their team, it was basically a quad for yi. His damage if he's not focused is pretty brutal.

His Alphas are hitting really hard with crits tbh, so its not just Randiuns/Frozen heart to stop him, considering he can get past slows too he makes life hell for your backline if he knows how to play. Honestly expecting him to take a few nerfs.

Deleted
    They basically fused his AP and AD playstyle and for some reasons they thought that was going to end up being balanced.

Riot pls.

10+ Year Old Account
    holy shitballs...

Just had Yi in ARAM, fucking hell he's insane, so many triple/quad kills, sadly after getting one penta stolen by a Tristana, I never get the chance for a second.

Still though... nerfs incoming.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Hah, I thought me consdering he's a bit OP was just the noobness speaking and that the more experienced dudes would be like "oh lolz l2p, just do X and Y and he's toast" but, yea, I've seen a couple pentas and a shitload of quadras from well fed Yis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Hah, I thought me consdering he's a bit OP was just the noobness speaking and that the more experienced dudes would be like "oh lolz l2p, just do X and Y and he's toast" but, yea, I've seen a couple pentas and a shitload of quadras from well fed Yis.
    Well basically it's still the same as a AP Yi in teamfights, know how to shut him down and you can basically instagib him. Not being able to do that and he will tear your carries apart. He's a monster at splitpushing too or killing anyone 1vs1 basically.

Tbh, he reminds me a bit of a farmed Trynd or a glasscanon Shaco.