Need feedback, veteran player

Hi guys, I began playing WoW since Burning Crusade days. I stopped playing at cata, cuz' it sucked. Now i'm thinking about going back, but i'm not sure if it's worth it. So far I've seen the subs drop. I don't know if pandaria has pvp balanced, or if raids are easy, etc. Could you guys give me a feedback about if it's worth it nowdays to go back to WoW for both PVE and PVP content.
    "Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. If you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away."
    — Stephen W. Hawking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breakthoven View Post
    Hi guys, I began playing WoW since Burning Crusade days. I stopped playing at cata, cuz' it sucked. Now i'm thinking about going back, but i'm not sure if it's worth it. So far I've seen the subs drop. I don't know if pandaria has pvp balanced, or if raids are easy, etc. Could you guys give me a feedback about if it's worth it nowdays to go back to WoW for both PVE and PVP content.
    Honestly ..
    Pvp is not balance.
    Raiding is...it won't be easy to get into a hardcore raiding guild unless you're really lucky.
    The story is ok, to a point..
    Honestly if you don't have friends in the game anymore at all you'll probably be driven away again.

Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    Honestly ..
    Pvp is not balance.
    Raiding is...it won't be easy to get into a hardcore raiding guild unless you're really lucky.
    Honestly if you don't have friends in the game anymore at all you'll probably be driven away again.
    Yeah I don't like what they did with pvp lately although I understand why they did some of those things

Quote Originally Posted by Breakthoven View Post
    your best bet is to look at it for yourself. it is only 15 bucks and blizz will be happy you did.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    The PvP was probably better in Cataclysm, though the raiding might be better in MoP (especially if SoO is good, and it looks fairly good). As far as questing goes, it is VERY grind which is a blessing and a curse. You can't argue that you ran out of things to do very quickly, but it can be very tedious regardless. I'm interested in 5.4 and think it might be a pretty decent patch, but all in all I'm waiting for Blizzcon to see what direction they're taking the game, and I honestly believe 7.7 million other people kind of are too. I don't think MoP was bad and I liked it more than Cataclysm (at least in endgame, I am very thankful for the 1-58 revamp), but there have been a few structural oddities and controversial choices that while not truly BAD right now make me wonder if they'll keep going in 6.0 and on or rethink certain decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    Honestly ..
    Pvp is not balance.
    It might just be me, but I fully agree with that last point. I have one friend left who still plays WoW, and if when I log on he isn't online, I usually just log off. I don't really know why, because I don't do much with him in game anyway. It just feels really boring and lonely when I'm on alone, especially because nobody ever socializes in guilds anymore.

Deleted
    I'm sure you're able to get a 10 day free trial of mop somehow?

Have a look at it and see for yourself. I wouldn't trust the opinion of a lot of people on these forums, there's a lot of hate for wow these days and people have quite varied opinions on how good mop is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding is the best its been for a long time- long raids, great bosses, all around good.

PvP is.. eh. All classes have some sort of spec represented in some amount at high ratings- as always, you have the OP comps.. Its really the same as ever, except you have 2 types of teams, Burst, and Sustained damage. Burst comps are all about killing an opponent withing the first 20 seconds, whereas Sustained comps are about surviving the initial 20 seconds of burst, and then outpressuring thier healing ability and scoring a kill.

I would say that PvP is a bit better then Cata for Arena- Frost mages are still gods, BUT you also have a large score of other classes who are close to god-frost mage mode. (Although, next patch, other classes are getting buffed, and Frost is being hit with the pvp nerf bat HARD)

Itll take you a bit longer to catch up then someone say, rerolling a new main, but you can catch up to the pvp crowd in a single week (Full conquest set of gear is now grindable), and to the average PvE crowd in about a week as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.