I would like a sugestion for a Gaming Hardware Upgrade (Low Budget)

Hello guys, I would like some tips for upgrading my Hardware.
    I would like to know what would be the best thing to buy to upgrade my computer's performance in gaming. My actual specs are:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.7GHz
    4 GB Ram 800MHz (2x2) DDR2
    Motherboard Asus P5QPL-AM
    GeForce GTS250 Zotac 1GB (DirectX 10) DDR3
    Power Source 500W
    HD 2TB 7200RPM

I don't have a external cooler, and my monitor is not HDMI ready (Samsung VGA 19.5'' 1440x900).

I know its not a great computer, but I build it a few years ago and so fart I can run most games in High settings and 4x AA. GTA IV, Skyrim, Battlefield 3, CoD BO2 among others can be run in ultra settings (with 30 to 60 fps) while more demanding games like Guild Wars 2, Crysis 2 and so on can be ran on High with 30-60 fps.

Altough, I have really bad performance in more modern games like Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3 (It seems to vary based on the game's Engine).

Sadly, my budget is not high at all. I'm thinking on something around U$150,00 (Hard to say, since I won't really buy whatever in dollar, I live in BR, and everything is more expensive here, but thats an estimate) and, maybe due to my limited knowledge, I'm under the impression that the best upgrade is a new GPU (A GTX 650Ti maybe? Or maybe go to AMD, help me here ) but I think it would be smarter to ask ppl who knows better than me. Thats where u guys come in. Any help would always be apreciated.

As a reminder, the idea would be the best upgrade possible for Gaming with that low budget, and I'm not really sure if upgrading my RAM, for instance, would be a better deal than the GPU (Altho, my motherboard doesn't seems to support DDR3 Ram, so no 1600Mhz for me ).

Thank you very much for any tips.
    Last edited by Samuel War; 2013-08-04 at 07:04 AM.

this would be a good option for a GPU around your 150$ budget

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161411

it is slightly above it in price, but still close.

your cpu isnt exactly the best :P i have one laying around somewhere and i remember almost crying trying to play some modern games on it lol. This would be an expensive option to try to change out as you would also need a compatible motherboard if you upgraded.

Upgrading your RAM wont do anything so forget that.

GTX650ti BOOST 2GB card is your best value for money upgrade at $150 mark. Just make sure it's BOOST and 2GB model, not regular 650ti or 1GB card.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    this would be a good option for a GPU around your 150$ budget

(I can't QUOTE links...)

it is slightly above it in price, but still close.

your cpu isnt exactly the best :P i have one laying around somewhere and i remember almost crying trying to play some modern games on it lol. This would be an expensive option to try to change out as you would also need a compatible motherboard if you upgraded.
    You wanna know whats funny? The Radeon that you sugested seems amazing, but after a Fast research here, I found that HD 7870 here in Brasil costs around R$1.011 (the cheapest I found after a very fast googling) thats roughly U$500,00 in a direct conversion. You see, my country is suposed to have a 70% tribute fee upon imported technology, (in case you gotta read again to believe, I really said 70%). Thats huge by itself. But for some reason, it goes from theorically a few more than 300 bucks to 1000+ after reseller's tax + other internal fees... Sigh... Go figure...

I did found a GTX 650 Ti and a AMD 7790 for around R$450,00, thats more than the 150 i planned, but it's still less than half of the 7870's price
    Ofc, all this makes me really sad. -.- But since I have no other fast (and legal) options, I must ask, do you think one of them would be a good enough upgrade?

both the 650 and the 7870 would be significant upgrades, i still have a 7870 from an old build i put together for around $500 and it is definitely still truckin along pretty strong on most games at max settings.

I'll think that I'll be able to afford a Geforce Gtx650ti Boost Sc 2gb Gddr5. Will it work fine on my setting without the need to change anything else (like the MB or the Power Suply)? Really thanks for the help, both of you.

yeah your power supply is more than enough, and the motherboard will be fine also.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel War View Post
    You wanna know whats funny? The Radeon that you sugested seems amazing, but after a Fast research here, I found that HD 7870 here in Brasil costs around R$1.011 (the cheapest I found after a very fast googling) thats roughly U$500,00 in a direct conversion. You see, my country is suposed to have a 70% tribute fee upon imported technology, (in case you gotta read again to believe, I really said 70%). Thats huge by itself. But for some reason, it goes from theorically a few more than 300 bucks to 1000+ after reseller's tax + other internal fees... Sigh... Go figure...

I did found a GTX 650 Ti and a AMD 7790 for around R$450,00, thats more than the 150 i planned, but it's still less than half of the 7870's price
    Ofc, all this makes me really sad. -.- But since I have no other fast (and legal) options, I must ask, do you think one of them would be a good enough upgrade?
    No wonder Brazil is like 20 years behind in technology lol (heard this from guy who plans on importing tech from the US).

If you can't get a 150$ card at least I'm not sure if it's worth upgrading at all then.