Do you have an antagonistic relationship with any of your parents?

I would like to take the time, to know if any of you, have unfortunately not been raised in the ideal kind of family where everyone lives happily ever after. It is uncommon now to see children being raised to poor parents, or something of the like, and ultimately developing a bitter and antagonistic relationship with their parent(s).
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

My father and I always had a great relationship, he wasn't around much in my younger years but he was a good parent. My mother on the other hand, is a different story. For many years I harbored feelings of great anger and distrust with her, borderline hate at some points. Actually yea I hated her quite a bit for many years. Seems wrong to say that about the woman that brought you into this world but man was she a bitch to me and my dad. We would fight like everyday over anything and everything. Stupid shit like, I parked the car too close to the house and I'm useless and all that. I can't really say it worked out all great in the end but it took a drastic and foolish decision on my part to ultimately change her views on our family life and her behavior. Not sure if I should mention this but oh well, I tried to kill myself and I guess she took it as a great shock and all of a sudden she changed. We still are kind of rocky at times but its a whole 180 degrees from the direction it was going in for sure. We actually talk and joke around now. Before I couldn't even stand to see her face. Does this count as the type of relationship you were asking about?

Deleted
    Nope, I have a great family, but I've witnessed some horrible things in other families. Pretty much all my friends have families where their parents are divorced, dead or have abandoned them. That thing makes you bitter overall, not just with your parents.

Even so, I still have issues in family as well, mainly my father. No matter what me or my brother are doing, he is always criticizing us, even if we're doing everything perfectly. I'm washing the dishes "let me show you how it's done", "you are washing them too high", "do not forget to dry them". No matter what I do, when I'm around him he has to analyze everything and tell me what to do, even if I did it or plan on doing it. "Pull the food closer", "cut with this knife instead". I was once at 3 AM in the kitchen drinking water from the fridge, and he woke up, turned the lights on and the first thing he told me was to not drink water from the fridge because I'll catch a cold. HE WOKE UP FROM THE BED TO TELL ME THAT.

He even tells me to clip my toes when I have them clipped and I'm with my socks on, he even told me several times how should I wipe my ass.He tells my brother how to drive and how to park even though he's driving for 4 years and he's better than him. When I asked him if he's planning on doing this until I'll grow grey hair he said "yeah, parents should always teach their children no matter the age". The biggest problem of course is that he is repeating them all the time. He is easily one of the most annoying people I've ever met in my life.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-08-04 at 10:37 AM.

Deleted
    With my mother yes. I really wish there was a way to get along with her and I've certainly tried but how do you make it work with a racist, biased woman who thinks shes a god and can twist everything in her favor. She lies, breaks all promises and just starts yelling and screaming when confronted about it. Part of me really hates everything she stands for as shes a stereotypical cotton belt racist but shes still the only mother I will ever have and she wasnt a terrible mother when I was little.. and she obviously cares about me deep down so I dont know how to deal with the situation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fortunately not. I have a great relationship with both of my parents (and my extended family). We don't see eye to eye on everything but nobody does that anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    With my mother yes. I really wish there was a way to get along with her and I've certainly tried but how do you make it work with a racist, biased woman who thinks shes a god and can twist everything in her favor. She lies, breaks all promises and just starts yelling and screaming when confronted about it. Part of me really hates everything she stands for as shes a stereotypical cotton belt racist but shes still the only mother I will ever have and she wasnt a terrible mother when I was little.. and she obviously cares about me deep down so I dont know how to deal with the situation.
    get a black boyfriend