Deleted

Raiding Tank Compatibility

I am not too sure if I am posting this in the correct section of the forum.

Brewmasters and Guardian Druids are both very decent tanks. They dodge like crazy, and put out a very substantial amount of dps.
    Now I am not saying it is a tanks job to dps, but when it comes to heroic raiding, would the extra dps not be beneficial?

My post revolves around the viability of having both a Brewmaster and a Guardian Druid as tanks for a 10 man raiding guild.
    Loot aside as obviously we will be sharing loot, would it be viable and a good option?

At this level of gear, the damage output and uptime of defensive abilities should be extremely high.

I would like to hear the opinion of some other people.

Thanks

A mediocre prot pally will outdamage a decent druid, if DPS is what you care about.

But there's nothing that can compete with brewmaster DPS, especially if you have some kind of paladin and one-tank most encounters.

If you are only worried about viability yes, it is. You can clear 13/13 with any 2 tanks.

due to vengence changes in 5.4 tanks will do less dmg.

In my opinion 2 high avoid tanks is not good combo in many aspects, you should mix it if u want to make 2 tank group

Quote Originally Posted by AseyBL View Post

In my opinion 2 high avoid tanks is not good combo in many aspects, you should mix it if u want to make 2 tank group
    Change is largely insignificant, only stops cheesing on multi-add fights. But yeah guardian druids aren't bad, per se, they're just not as good as BrM or Prot pally. Sharing loot can become an issue, especially if you have other leather agi wearers or agi users.

The main thing with Brewmaster + Druid is gear competition. Druids are fine tanks just they aren't quite as good as Paladins unless there's a big gear difference (as in my case with my bear co-tank; he outgears me by like 15 iLevels plus has his 608 cloak and like 65% crit or something) and they don't have as much raid utility.

Deleted
    Prot pala is by far better than any guardian druid and will both dps and heal more.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    A mediocre prot pally will outdamage a decent druid, if DPS is what you care about.

But there's nothing that can compete with brewmaster DPS, especially if you have some kind of paladin and one-tank most encounters.

If you are only worried about viability yes, it is. You can clear 13/13 with any 2 tanks.
    Cant kill Ra-den with 2 DKs

Get a leather tank and a plate tank so their gear does not clash.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Cant kill Ra-den with 2 DKs

Get a leather tank and a plate tank so their gear does not clash.
    You can, just need insane luck with RNG, but you get my point XD

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always prefer running 1 shield/block based tank and 1 avoidance tank, preferrably a monk or druid. So far in MoP our raid tanks have been prot pal and dk or dk / bear druid and seems to work well. We're just doing normal stuff tho, very casual....but with good players, most tank teams should be fine.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tanking as a Prot with a Drood atm, 10/13 hc. No issue at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by AseyBL View Post

For people that do not cheese vengeance (stand in shit, sit to get crit) the only nerf that matters is the 1.8->1.5. The DR implemented on multiple targets has not been tested, that I know of, so who knows how much of a change it will be.

Most of the cutting edge guilds used a Paladin and a Monk, with the exception of Dream Paragon which used a Paladin and a Druid for the world first 10HC Lei Shen kill. But Sejta is all kinds of amazing.. the kind of tank that can clear all of Throne of Thunder one time and then do a full clear on Heroic, just amazing.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Sejta/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    We run BrM (me) + Bear and it hasn't been an issue. Ideally we wanted BrM + plate but only seemed to find scrub pally and warriors. Loot sharing hasn't been much of an problem but I think part of that is due to 25m distribution + I can use DW and not compete for the bear's 2H.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.