Thread: F2p/b2p mmo

Deleted

F2p/b2p mmo

Hi All,

I am looking at getting back into some MMO games on a casual(ish) basis, and was hoping that I could pick your brains with regards to what is out there nowadays! I used to play WoW and had a couple of chars on there one approx lvl 50 and the other 85, but haven't played for about 18months and don't want to go back to paying subs to play. So I am looking at an either F2P or B2P MMO. I don't mind buying things in game if I want it, but don't wanted to be restricted to a certain lvl unless I pay money! I will list some of the things I like and don't like in the hope that you guys might be able to help, and I apologise for probably posting a question that has been asked over and over, but there are so many out there nowadays it is so difficult to know which one to go for!

Likes: solo questing, professions, don't mind grinding, absolutely love the auction house, good graphics and area's, mounts, being able to pop on when time available

Dislikes: being restricted to lower lvls unless you buy something!, monthly subscription fees, space games.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, but any questions you think might help please let me know!

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    might want to check out the video game forum http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/2...mes-Discussion

as this is purely for wow
    Hi

Deleted
    Apologies, thanks for the move

Rift is a good one. Check it out. Free to play, can level to 60 (expansion content) without paying. Only thing is, to get access to the AH, you would need to spend $5.

10+ Year Old Account
    You might want to check out Guild Wars 2. It's B2P, no sub fee, access to all content and one of the best exploration games out there with award winning graphics. You definitely want to look behind waterfalls and bushes - you can find whole zones tucked away in hidden areas. They are releasing new content every 2 weeks including new zones and maps.

Their gem store sells vanity and some convenience items only. Anything from the gem store can also be purchased with ingame gold. The trading post is worldwide.

The power creep on gear is extremely shallow so you won't feel like you have to play catch up if you take some time off the game, just jump right back in.

The only thing on your list it doesn't have is mounts, but getting around is easy with all the waypoints and asura portals.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-08-04 at 02:14 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Rift sounds like exactly what you want. You don't have to pay a penny to get started and when you do decide to stick around (and you will) most things are very reasonably priced.

Deleted
    Cheers for the posts everyone, been really helpful. Looks like Rift is definately something I would be similar with and don't mind spending cash here and there so will give it a go! GW2 is also another one possibly for the future. Thanks again

Just find you a good social guild in Rift and it will make the leveling experience a lot better. I am with Philanthropy on Faeblight and they are a good, friendly group of people even though I don't get in on their raids or anything.