LF a server with:

Hello! I am looking to play on a server with my girlfriend.
    I would prefer it to be a completely vanilla server with the ability to both spawn at the same place as each other.

No starting area with signs everywhere or anything like that, just straight up like as if we both started
    playing single player together, all new.

Thanks for your help!

Download the server client and host your own. Not sure if you will spawn together, but you will have control over the server and can portal one of you to the other one. and its really not that heavy on your internet connection as far as I noticed.

Deleted
    I'll hijack this thread a bit instead of creating a whole new one as the topics are rather the same. I'm looking for a server that's Tekkit and is an RPG type of server. I've looked some here but can't really find one of my liking. I'd really appreciate if someone could suggest me a server.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunweljunkie View Post
    Download the server client and host your own. Not sure if you will spawn together, but you will have control over the server and can portal one of you to the other one. and its really not that heavy on your internet connection as far as I noticed.
    they would spawn reasonably in the same spot. My wife and I do this a lot with vanilla and tekkit classic servers.

a point to make is vanilla minecraft has an open to LAN since a few iterations ago, and that works perfectly for a couple that are living together.

If you are going to run a server, just use logmein hamachi on both your computers. You'd have to give some tech specs to assist with trying to make the best of it (vanilla mc probably just set the server to use 2 GB and be more than fine since there isn't any crazy machines or piping to eat up RAM).

to makrono who rezzed the thread, wish I could help, but just keep looking. There are a ton of servers and every once in a while you can find a decent one; but there are a ton with hackers and/or griefers to sift through. It is why I just run my own server. If I want to play with others, I can have 4 others with free logmein hamachi, more if you upgrade, but 5 on your server is going to be a lot if you play on the same rig you do the server on, usually on RAM limits because of the all the machines and stuff.