Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    At the start of the expansion doing dailies was not optional if you wanted to progress your char and improve gear, there were gear slots where the only option was to either farm dailies or wait until the next raid opened. Being in a raiding guild I was under pressure to farm dailies and I felt really annoyed that I had to farm my ass off with mindless dailies just to be able to spend the Valor points i'd earned from raiding, and don't even get me started on playing an alt and being faced with the whole bullshit again.

True that it is the issue was partly addressed, a lot of people quit before that came in. I stopped playing MOP WoW not long after Heart of Fear opened and I'd put a bet that part of that was burnout from the ridiculous ammount of dailies that I was basically forced to do in order to be able to gear.

Why do people dislike dailies? Because its a chore, repeating the same set of quests every day to slowly grind up some reputation is not fun, especially not if you feel that you "have" to do it. Its not so bad if it is just a few but with MOP it was just ridiculous, you had multiple daily questing hubs and that list has only grown larger (though it's not a necessity so anymore).

Ultimately it isn't fun, it isn't a part of the game that I look forward to.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    With tabards, you might as well have not had a reputation at ALL.

It might as well have been "run this dungeon X numbers of time and you'll get another achievement"
    Why is that? You still had to invest time into the game in order to get faction rewards. I ran a lot of dungeons in cataclysm and wrath solely for the rep. What's more, I had my *choice* (there's that word again) of which dungeons to run. I cleared plenty with friends. Taking this away and replacing it with something as mindnumbingly boring as dailies and scenarios was a mistake. That's why you're seeing blizzard adding options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    Why is that? You still had to invest time into the game in order to get faction rewards. I ran a lot of dungeons in cataclysm and wrath solely for the rep. What's more, I had my *choice* (there's that word again) of which dungeons to run. I cleared plenty with friends. Taking this away and replacing it with something as mindnumbingly boring as dailies and scenarios was a mistake. That's why you're seeing blizzard adding options.
    Because running dungeons repeatedly completely destroyed any lore the faction had surrounding them, removed you completely from the game world, and was incredibly repetitive in it of itself.

Some of the factions in WotLK and Cataclysm had so few dailies (Particularly Wyrmrest and Tol'vir) that dungeons, practically, became the only way to gain rep with them. Dungeons that you had been running for OTHER faction reps time and time again, and that you had PREVIOUSLY run for gear.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-08-05 at 12:42 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Because running dungeons repeatedly completely destroyed any lore the faction had surrounding them, removed you completely from the game world, and was incredibly repetitive in it of itself.

Some of the factions in WotLK and Cataclysm had so few dailies (Particularly Wyrmrest and Tol'vir) that dungeons, practically, became the only way to gain rep with them. Dungeons that you had been running for OTHER faction reps time and time again, and that you had PREVIOUSLY run for gear.
    Can you show me anyone who completes dungeons for lore? Repetitiveness is not bad in and of itself. It's the lack of challenge and non engaging aspect of the dailies that make them bad.

for me i don't mind them the first few times. its when you have multiple alts and how samey some of them are it gets boring.

some of the dailies i have really enjoyed, liked the tillers ones when i did those, same with domination point and isle of thunder. but once everything was unlocked/i was exalted i generally stopped doing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you show me anyone who completes dungeons for lore? Repetitiveness is not bad in and of itself. It's the lack of challenge and non engaging aspect of the dailies that make them bad.
    Not the lore of the dungeon, the lore surrounding the reputation you're grinding. Which, in the case of the 5.1 dailies, was actually a huge focus, and something they should pursue.

When tabards were an option, you got reputations that had extremely few daily quests and almost no lore presence beyond the leveling zones.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'm currently leveling a warrior on the horde side to see the end game content from that view. Once I have him leveled, I will likely cancel my subscription. Even though I have 6 90's, I've only hit exalted on maybe half of the reputations. There are important tailoring and chanting recipes I'd like to get, but not if it means doing dailies. Fact is every time I start doing dailies again I get burned out and quit after 3 days.

Perhaps after 5 years it's just time to move on. Lord knows I've wasted way more time in this game than is prudent, owing largely to the effective design and addictive quality the game has offered in the past. Maybe I should thank Blizzard for the dailies, because nothing else has quashed my desire to play moreso than panda dailies. I love the expansion otherwise--the lore, the mounts, the engineering gadgets, the jewelcrafting stuff, the humor. *shrugs* The game is still new to a lot of people, so they likely enjoy a lot of stuff that's grown stale to me. Taking away options will be the final nail in the coffin for me though. There are too many other activities and games that are new to me at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    It isn't a job though. You don't have to do them to get good gear. It's completely optional.
    It's barely optional. I just hit 90. So that means if I want good gear, I have three options.

A) Do normal dungeons and hunt down okay gear and hope I win the rolls.

B) Spend an insane (10-25k on my realm) amount of gold to buy gear off AH.

C) Do dailies til I want to pull my hair out.

The problem is that some slots are only available from different vendors and the only way to get them is to unlock rep with them. Other half of that problem is that the gear you get from non-rep means is nowhere near as good as the rep vendor stuff. So, if I want to stand on the same level as other 90s, that means I HAVE to grind dailies until I am capable of doing raids.

Fuck that. I'm going to do what I did on my last 90 and get malevolent PVP gear then do LFR. If the end game wasn't fucking dailies, I wouldn't resort to that. Dailies suck.

P.S. Those of you that don't like them, did you play during BC? Dailies were a blast back then when getting max flying to go everywhere to do them was NOT easy :P
    Honestly I would think someone who played in TBC when dailies were introduced would be a little bit, oh I don't know, TIRED OF THEM BY NOW! Seriously, people getting tired of gated rewards via the same bullshit we've had for 8 years is REASONABLE.

Deleted
    So going above and beyond to improve yourself shouldn't actually require going above and beyond, then? Why remove the option for someone willing to put in more work than you?
    Let's also remove the weekly valor limit, and make items upgradeable infinite amounts of time.
    It's cool, someone willing to put in more work should have better gear after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently leveling a warrior on the horde side to see the end game content from that view. Once I have him leveled, I will likely cancel my subscription. Even though I have 6 90's, I've only hit exalted on maybe half of the reputations. There are important tailoring and chanting recipes I'd like to get, but not if it means doing dailies. Fact is every time I start doing dailies again I get burned out and quit after 3 days.

Perhaps after 5 years it's just time to move on. Lord knows I've wasted way more time in this game than is prudent, owing largely to the effective design and addictive quality the game has offered in the past. Maybe I should thank Blizzard for the dailies, because nothing else has quashed my desire to play moreso than panda dailies. I love the expansion otherwise--the lore, the mounts, the engineering gadgets, the jewelcrafting stuff, the humor. *shrugs* The game is still new to a lot of people, so they likely enjoy a lot of stuff that's grown stale to me. Taking away options will be the final nail in the coffin for me though. There are too many other activities and games that are new to me at this point.
    If you take it upon yourself to DO the dailies over and over again, do you expect to not be burned out on them? Nothing is forcing you to do the dailies. Mounts and pets are account bound. Hell, I collected enough of the rep tokens off of Zandalari warbringers/warscouts that I could probably boost FIVE alts to exalted instantly, seeing as I have the rep multipliers as well. One rep coin is probably worth an entire day's worth of dailies, and the scouts and warbringers drop them in spades (and are easily farmable by tank classes and are on hourly respawns, no less)

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Let's also remove the weekly valor limit,
    I wouldn't care. Hell, if I recall correctly, the only reason Blizzard didn't like that is because people would bitch because they never put up a stop sign.

and make items upgradeable infinite amounts of time.
    Not really the game design, nor is it equatable with lesser charms. But hey, people that are willing to put in more effort and time ARE able to do heroic raids for superior gear already, so...
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-08-05 at 01:04 AM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

If you take it upon yourself to DO the dailies over and over again, do you expect to not be burned out on them? Nothing is forcing you to do the dailies. Mounts and pets are account bound. Hell, I collected enough of the rep tokens off of Zandalari warbringers/warscouts that I could probably boost FIVE alts to exalted instantly, seeing as I have the rep multipliers as well. One rep coin is probably worth an entire day's worth of dailies, and the scouts and warbringers drop them in spades (and are on hourly respawns, no less)
    I wouldn't feel compelled to do them if the recipes were available in an alternate fashion. But they're not. In previous expansions recipes were boe so they could be sold on the auction house. This was, again, an *option* that was taken away in mop. Whether they're mandatory or not in the sense of player happiness is subjective. Bottom line is a lot of people *feel* they're mandatory and are burning out and quitting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't feel compelled to do them if the recipes were available in an alternate fashion. But they're not. In previous expansions recipes were boe so they could be sold on the auction house. This was, again, an *option* that was taken away in mop. Whether they're mandatory or not in the sense of player happiness is subjective. Bottom line is a lot of people *feel* they're mandatory and are burning out and quitting.
    You can still buy the enchants/gems/flasks/whatever on the AH...

Or farm warbringers for about a week and boost three alts to exalted instantly.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

You can still buy the enchants/gems/flasks/whatever on the AH...

Or farm warbringers for about a week and boost three alts to exalted instantly.
    A big part of my game play is playing the auction house. Getting the gems and chants isn't the issue for me. Not having the recipe makes the profession worth less for those who play the auction house.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't a job though. You don't have to do them to get good gear. It's completely optional.
    Not if you want to remain competitive.

Dailies take no skill. Heroic raids mostly don't either with notable exceptions. It's simply a mandatory part of the game for anyone who wants to remain competitive in the content they actually do enjoy: raids.

Because their extremely boring, repetitive, bad content.
    In fact the only dailies I ever did daily were the tillers, and I've played since BC.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-08-05 at 02:08 AM.

Deleted
    The reason why people dislike dailies is because of of repetitive it is, if you eat cake once or twice it is nice, but eating that cake for the rest of your (WoW) life means you'll get sick of it, same with dailies, doing the same thing everyday.

Hating dailies on a mass scale is a relatively new thing. And the dailies are less repetitive now than they have ever been. So this tells us that it's not just about them getting boring. I think it's what drives us to them isn't worth it to us anymore. They felt much more optional before in that you wouldn't be left behind if you didn't do your dailies every day. Where now you can only get x rep per day, and you need x amount to hit exalted. So your goal is basically already preplanned for you, your only choice is if you want to reach that goal asap by logging in every day.

Also, like I mentioned before, the rewards for each individual daily now is more or less meaningless. The main point of dailies used to be to earn gold, but the amount of gold they drop compared to how much most players have makes the time spent on each daily feel like a loss of income. I used to do the Isle dailies in BC and that gold would at least pay for what I needed that day unless I needed something special. The gold inflation has become too high, making dailies rather pointless overall other than for rep gear(which a lot of people aren't going to get because they don't want to waste their life on dailies).

Because its the laziest form of content in the history of contents.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

When dailies are a part of optimizing your character, that mandates that you MUST do them every day, whereas weeklies or gameplay with a weekly cap (ie... valor) can be done at your leisure on days you dont have a raid.

I like the 'weekly playground' concept of battlefield barrens much more then dailies, although they're much the same if you look closely.