Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Well I only have one problem with daily quests and questing in general in WoW. This is all subjective so if I state something as fact all I'm saying is that it is, in fact, my opinion. It's terrible that I have to say that ahead of time lol but here we go.

They are not fun. At all. They "might" be interesting from a lore perspective but there are so many its unreasonable to expect quality writing on all of the quests. There is nothing fun about picking up X or Kill Y amount of Z when they don't even put up a reasonable fight for the ten thousandth time. That isn't even hyperbole for some players, see the above post. Dailies, reps and most dungeons represent a very simple non challenging wall to overcome or continue to grind to taste the greater parts of the game for me. It serves to slow me down and pace me and that is all it does. They aren't fun gameplay at all.

I think that people who complain about daily/normal quests are really just complaining that they aren't as good as the parts of the game they lead into and its sad that they make up such a huge amount of the game when the only reason people like myself play is to experience what is behind the wall, and it isn't because that experience is behind a wall that makes it interesting or enjoyable. The wall exists to make me pay Blizzard for longer because what does exist is short lived and must survive until the next meager amount is added with a new wall. It is a substitute for actual content as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-08-06 at 03:01 PM.

BC dailies were grindy but much more interesting because they added in elements that players weren't used to, such as bombing runs, and put you in some action packed spots at times. MoP dailies are grindy, but they lack the interest because they are really no different than other quests that you'd normally do, not to mention a lot of times you still have to run them past exalted for lesser charms, which feels weird for a lot of players. But most of the daily quests are "Kill 5 of these, pick up 7 items, and free 3 prisoners".... which you can see at 99% of the other quest hubs in pandaria. Also, they went overboard on the number of quests IMO, when MoP came out you had roughly like 30 dailies you could do (and many did just so they'd be on the cutting edge) and I think it burnt a lot of people out.

The dailies do serve a good purpose of getting people out into the world, the problem was that most servers have a fairly sizable faction imbalance (due to server transfers and blizz not wanting to come up with a solution)..... blizz looks like they are coming up with a fix, not sure how well it will work, but we will see.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having too much of something is stressing, but otherwise, I don't mind having one or two factions available.

Could you imagine if dailies were challenging? The forums would have an absolute meltdown. Blizzard probably doesn't want that headache.
    Could you imagine if [insert X part of Wow here] were challenging? We might have more people enjoying the game instead of leaving it.

It's an argument of quality vs quantity. I personally hate questing and refuse to do ANY pve content I don't absolutely have to do. All of it is just too damn easy, and that's not fun or enjoyable for me. If there were 1/5 of the dailies they had now, and those quests actually took some skill to complete, I might actually do them.