Poll: Like or hate?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I lost a lot of respect for her after her short story where she tried to kill herself.
    There it was explained how little she cared for her people and how weak minded she really is.

She may be the banshee queen but she's no real Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Woah, thats amazing. You made that?
    10 minutes in photoshop before my colleagues shouldersurf me going "the fuk you're doing get back to work".
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I'm on the like side for this.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    i used to think she was interesting but ever since arthas died shes become like maeiv. crazy, and needs to be put down.

I'm neutral. I'm an alliance player, and the Forsaken have done a lot of shitting on the alliance. But I kind of feel sorry for her in a way after what she's been through. She was ultimately forced into what she is now and didn't ask for it.

She is the most interesting character in WOW by a county mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    At first, but elves are melancholic so we can safely ignore that.
    'Damn you arthas for turning us into this and destroying our homes and now if you will excuse me i will do the same to the gilneans and humans of lordaeron'

What is this if not big hypocrisy?
    Last edited by Maximus Testiculos; 2013-08-05 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    'Damn you arthas for turning us into this and destroying our homes and now if you will excuse me i will do the same to the gilneans and humans of lordaeron'

"It's meant to be an ironic statement about the cyclical nature of death.
    It's art. You wouldn't understand."
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Sylvanas is the most badass female WoW lore character ingame.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want her as Warchief.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Deleted
    I didn't expect her to be so liked by you guys. Cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    She's completely incompetent.

I'm looking for reasons TO like her.

All the reasons to not like her:

She's died three times. That's right, three. Killed by Arthas. Jumped off Icecrown citadel. Shot in the back of the head by Godfrey. At least Garrosh is going to have the decency to STAY dead.

She's had her ass whooped a further three times. She got kicked out of her OWN CITY, got beaten up by Arthas... AGAIN... and got her ass handed to her by the Gilnean people.

So we have a leader that's had five total ass whoopings, and a suicide thrown in for good measure. She's the Sean Bean of Warcraft.

And then she acts like a smug, pretentious bitch (which I'm guessing is what everyone is misinterpreting as "edgy") without any justification; she's a freakin' hipster for god's sake. People that die three times shouldn't act high and mighty. And even more, every time her army has fought another faction, they've required a complete, out-of-left-field measure to save themselves from being completely and utterly defeated.

She's a female leader in skimpy armor who follows the same trite "rebellious, do-what-I-want" mindset despite what should have been crushingly humbling occurrences happening to her TIME and TIME again. That's why people like her. It's not because she's a powerful, or well written, or original character in the least.

So no, I don't I like her.
    And people complain that Alliance characters are portrayed poorly...

I think she's a great character, and one of the best anti-heroes/villains Blizzard has ever devised. So I both like and hate her, in the sense that I both like and hate the Joker or Voldemort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    "It's meant to be an ironic statement about the cyclical nature of death.
    It's art. You wouldn't understand."
    "I felt that Arthas was becoming too much of a sellout with his vision of the scourge, so I decided to take the project in my own direction. You know, not everyone likes my style, but I don't expect the plebe to be able to appreciate the subtleties of a well-traveled artistic weltanschauung such as mine"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "I felt that Arthas was becoming too much of a sellout with his vision of the scourge, so I decided to take the project in my own direction. You know, not everyone likes my style, but I don't expect the plebe to be able to appreciate the subtleties of a well-traveled artistic weltanschauung such as mine"
    FYI, I am too in the wagon that "Hipster Sylvanas is the best thing ever.

I'm torn between the two...
    I can understand her motives and her hatred against Arthas because of what he did to her.
    But her recent actions....is certainly questionable for me as an Alliance player.

I can't wait until we kill the b*tch

Like, and very much so. With the death of Garrosh, Sylvanas will be the only leader that I really like.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post

because its not like all nations do the exact same thing?
    A nation invades another - 'eh? you dont like it? well try and stop us and qq moar'
    Another nation invades that nation in turn - 'omgz! no fair! this isnt right'
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

15+ Year Old Account
    This poll should have had 5 choices, 'hate' dislike' indifferent' 'like' or 'love'