Poll: Now that Obama's been re-elected, how do you feel about the direction we are heading?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    When watching those cop reality shows i must say i get confused when a dude lies down and give up they lift him up throw him down and arrest him while beeing filmed wtf?
    And since they lift him up they charge him for refusal of arrest aswell.
    (Crime stole a candy bar)
    In europe we hear stories about oh no if u travel to spain and get arrested u will be faacked up.... I believe it's worse in America to be honest... my freind got fined for jaywalking on a empty road.... and he started to question about why he shud pay 150$ for it. So they arrested him for aggressive behavior and claimed he refused to pay ?__? Facepalm lvl 90000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Eurofag here- and yes, you are getting better. Finances are looking a "bit" better and the important part of foreign relations is getting better. While it always look grim in your eyes the EU and people here have high hope for your improvement which is likely to happen. If there was just not the Snowden incident there would be almost no problems.

And to note- a lot of people here are grateful that someone is taking care of the muslim problem on the middle east. Someone has to do the dirty job and get no respect for that. Thank you for being our Batman.
    Cause, as everyone know, bombing Muslims left and right from morocco to Pakistan will clearly address the "Muslim problem". It's not like the Libyan situation made immigration to Europe from North Africa top last years records in two months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    The government is taxing peoples income, which they should have no right to do.

hahahaahahhaa epic.

- - - Updated - - -

on topic, from EU perspective :

you are getting a little closer to having the social standards the rest of the world has already had for the past 10-60 years. GJ
    but
    you still let corporations impose the political agenda. You need to realise that there is no politics in the US, just which group will serve which businesses :

Republicans fund country growth through wars and defence >> more military funding, production and purchase, which is huge in the USA. Any half a percent increase is like a small countries' GDP. And the funds stay in the USA.
    Democrats fund universities and the research and pharamaceutical industries a little more, and new technologies (look at the money given by Google, microsoft and Yahoo to the Obama campaigns).

So all in all, your "political" debates and decisions remain in the hands of coporations, and the political casts just relay their wishes.
    In some countries, the political elite is run by the mafia. In the USA, it's run by corporations. Same difference ? I tend to say ye.

Your gun problem is also absolutely insane, you have blinkers dating from a few centuries ago not allowing you to see the reality of things, but hey, that's for a different thread ^^
    Last edited by mmoc8ee790e781; 2013-08-08 at 09:50 AM.

I will not voluntarily travel to the states anymore.

Several of the laws they has passed recently scare me; I see the US as more of a police state now then ever.

I fear the corporations own the government and the resulting deficits and tension incurred by the scare tactics of the two party system can only lead them further into chaos.

I hope the American people see the dangers that lie before them and take action before its too late, as much of the world depends on a strong and healthy US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxis View Post
    I will not voluntarily travel to the states anymore.

Several of the laws they has passed recently scare me; I see the US as more of a police state now then ever.

I fear the corporations own the government and the resulting deficits and tension incurred by the scare tactics of the two party system can only lead them further into chaos.

I hope the American people see the dangers that lie before them and take action before its too late, as much of the world depends on a strong and healthy US.
    Which laws?

If we could flip the defense and Nasa budgets I would be happy. We have become Team America world police. Our defense budget is 500 BILLION which is astronomical on a whole other level. We are at a pseudo war with China, but if they ever collapse our economies are so inter dependent we would both crash.

It is insane. Who are we fighting? Al Quida? Osama Bin Laden wanted to bankrupt us and he sure as fuck succeeded. Eventually this new Rome will do what the old Rome did and roll back the military bases in other countries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    If we could flip the defense and Nasa budgets I would be happy. We have become Team America world police. Our defense budget is 500 BILLION which is astronomical on a whole other level. We are at a pseudo war with China, but if they ever collapse our economies are so inter dependent we would both crash.

It is insane. Who are we fighting? Al Quida? Osama Bin Laden wanted to bankrupt us and he sure as fuck succeeded. Eventually this new Rome will do what the old Rome did and roll back the military bases in other countries.
    This new Rome is nothing like the old Rome