Deleted

Temporary Upgrade for Better FPS

Hey hey,

I've had my computer for ages now, I think I got it at the release of wrath, and even then it wasn't that great, and I've been wanting to get a new one built myself for a long time now but just haven't been able to save the money due to stuff like University costs, but I feel that I should upgrade at least something to help me run other games and WoW during 25 man+ raids and stuff where I can drop to like 4 fps (Elegon I dip to like 2 fps...) until I save up enough to build a new one from scratch, as I plan to go full out and spend ~£800-1000.

For now I have roughly £100 to spend to make this one better to last me through Uni and until I get some money coming in. This is where I need help. I'm not sure what needs upgrading most to help with my FPS. All my graphic settings are around fair/good with shadows off, and I get around 35-45 fps in random zones, ~20 in shrine, and as mentioned 2-10 fps during 25 man fights.

I'm not that great with computers and what you need to know, so if you need to know anything more than this that could potentially be upgraded please let me know:

Processor - Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33Ghz
    GPU - ATI Radeon HD 4650
    RAM - 4GB
    OS - Vista 32-bit

Or if there are any tweaks I can do with what I currently have then that would be cool too

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spend it on booze until you're done with school.

Seriously though, for £100, there's really not much you can do. Your system is pretty much at the "complete overhaul" stage. You really have two options.

1) Get a newer GPU like an nVidia 650ti which will... help some? But your biggest bottleneck here, and the actual issue, is your CPU. Which leads to...

2) Save up money. You need to replace your CPU, and that inherently brings a complete overhaul. You need a new CPU.. which needs a new board. Which will need new ram. You also need to get off Vista as well (maybe plunk that money down on a student discounted Win7?). You'll also likely need a new power supply as well. AND the GPU, too, if you didn't already do that by then. The Case and HDD -might- be able to be salvaged.. But expect to pay at least 500 for a decent upgrade. 600-700 for a proper one.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab