Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilde View Post
    The print's are called barely visible for a reason, unfortunately. :/

Even when I had found the prints I had trouble finding the following ones. So I decided to go further down the path and spam flare where I knew he would walk past.

I think he had just spawned when I saw them, since I had followed the path to the end without seeing anything, alt-tabbed for a short while, and came back to prints at the "end" of the path south of the heartland.

NPC scan can help you I think, if you use a tedious methot of camping where you basically spam flare until he appears.
    2 paths i know are "Choke points"

&

Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

If you're on EU Horde, send me a PM with your battletag, I can help you hunt him if you want. I'm on a low-med pop realm, so he shouldn't be too hard to find again.

You know there are Patrannache look alikes on the timeless isle you may be able to tame them, me i got another guild hunter to do me a solid and help me hunt it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    If you're on EU Horde, send me a PM with your battletag, I can help you hunt him if you want. I'm on a low-med pop realm, so he shouldn't be too hard to find again.
    Im on US

Sadly i found the pink crane, but 2 DKs a warrior and a mage from Barthulus (The DKS) and Malganis (Warrior Mage) came storming in and killed the bird on me, after i repeatedly told them to stop attacking a hunters pet that drops nothing and got told "Shut up noob, its rare looser" then just /lol'd at me.

Maybe i'll go to timeless isles and just tame a faux copy of a pink crane and call it Patrannache Jnr or something

I hate assholes, i really do

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought for sure you couldn't kill the special-stealthed hunter rares?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I thought for sure you couldn't kill the special-stealthed hunter rares?
    You can once a hunter has flared it to show up you can

I've found him five or six times for myself and guildies. I never followed the tracks - that made me crazy. I simply found a fishing spot on his path and dropped flares while I fished. Let me know if you need help....

I was so confused when I came back after a 6 month break. Suddenly the prints pointed the right way and nothing about it in the patchnotes either.
    When in doubt, check the petopia forums. :P They've kept the Where the Wild Things Are sticky updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    You can once a hunter has flared it to show up you can
    It's actually quite hard to kill one.

They do not stop walking when attacked and can't be slowed. They have a decent amount of health. (Patrannache for example has ~1 million) It's very hard to kill one in the 2-3 seconds they are in the flare. You'd have to do ~300k DPS to kill Patrannache alone. And that's if you are following the hunter and start as soon as it's visible. Which, on a PvE realm, could constitute griefing. Actually, more than 300k, as they regenerate health quite quickly. Around 10-15% every second or two. Meaning you'd have to do 500-600k dps to burn them down in the small time they're visible.

If a hunter uses Hunter's Mark, it remains visible for the hunter, and only the hunter after it leaves the flare.

They changed it a couple patches ago. I think it was patch 5.2 that made it so the rares no longer attack anything that attacks them. They just ignore it and keep going. (and as such, you will lose target, as it is not targeting you) The only class really capable of killing them are hunters, as they can attack them while they're marked. But why would they do that? Lol. I did kill Portent once, I will confess. Asked in zone for 15 minutes if anyone wanted to tame, and when they didn't, I killed him, because I wanted another color and wasn't willing to wait hours for someone to come tame him to get the respawn timer started. It took about 10 minutes due to the regen, but it eventually went down. (Portent has 2 million health)
    Last edited by Myzou; 2013-08-05 at 02:46 AM.

I found it for my girlfriend once while leveling my hunter out of boredom, at ground mount speed it's leaves the time to check easily, except around that stupid swamp area it crosses.

Basically though what everyone else said, just keep following the path, and don't get discouraged by rude people like the ones you encountered.

I found this guy in about 15min on my server. Granted, my server is rather low pop, and most of the people are idiots and probably aren't even aware these pets exist (I can count the amount of raiding Hunters on my server on one hand). The tracks are pretty difficult to spot. Once you find them you pick up on the pattern on how they're spread.

The pet that I have difficulties with is Glimmer. He seems to change speeds drastically and in the middle of his path, I have phasing issues with his footprints. So, I have no clue where he's at half the time.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was so confused when I came back after a 6 month break. Suddenly the prints pointed the right way and nothing about it in the patchnotes either.
    Most bugfixes aren't noted in patch notes. Only prominent ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I GOT HIM, I GOT HIM!

Grats i wish thorny misfortune to those assholes that killed him first.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it's already been said, but there are some challenge pets that actually walk backwards.
    Can't remember if Patrannache is one of them.

Deleted
    Grats :-)

One "trick" for those of you in EU is to roll and level an alt on one of the localized realms - they're generally very low pop and not CRZ'd with other realms (for example the Italian realms). That makes finding rares so much more simpler (given that you're willing to put in the initial work of leveling something just for hunting rares).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I don't know if it's already been said, but there are some challenge pets that actually walk backwards.
    Can't remember if Patrannache is one of them.
    He was walking backwards on his path, i had always gone forwards

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Grats :-)

One "trick" for those of you in EU is to roll and level an alt on one of the localized realms - they're generally very low pop and not CRZ'd with other realms (for example the Italian realms). That makes finding rares so much more simpler (given that you're willing to put in the initial work of leveling something just for hunting rares).
    I've been thinking of doing that. I hadn't thought of something like the portugese or italian realms, but rather ones that are rp-pvp and the like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarglord69 View Post
    Grats i wish thorny misfortune to those assholes that killed him first.
    LOL amen to that