Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are BG's still bot ridden cesspool's?

Last I played you would see half your team running the same path over and over as they botted their way to glory and fame. Did Blizzard ever fix this or are they still acting like the problem doesn't exist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Still the same shit, blizz doesn't care

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Okay thanks. Then they don't get my money.
    You make up your mind after receiving one reply in your thread? I think you decided long before you even came here. I disagree. The bots are not so common as everyone thinks. Everyone is so paranoid about it every bad player being a potential bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    You make up your mind after receiving one reply in your thread? I think you decided long before you even came here. I disagree. The bots are not so common as everyone thinks. Everyone is so paranoid about it every bad player being a potential bot.

Close to a year ago I posted on the official forums a video showing the rampant botting that was taking place. I got banned for posting it. The thread was full of people such as yourself proclaiming that everyone was just "paranoid" even in the face of video evidence. Forgive me if I take your response with a grain of salt. The mere fact that even you believe that "everyone thinks bots are rampant" tells me all I need to know.

It's probably worse than you last experienced, since people have high conquest caps on alts they don't really bother with random BG's. Therefore BGs usually consist of 1-2 geared players, a few newcomers trying to gear up, and a whole bunch of bots.

Are we playing the same game? Botting is nearly non-existent now. Maybe like 1 bot per 10 bgs, at least in the non-AV non-IoC ones since I have those blacklisted. People who generally bot are good players who have alts, but theres no point in botting since they can just conquest cap alts and have no need for bgs.

Last couple of weeks I've noticed that it's not so much the bots that are the issue but people rolling in with less that 300k hp, in quest greens looking for an 'easy' way to boost their ilvl to get in to lfr. They'll afk, troll chat, cook, anything but be useful. They are actually less useful to have in your team than some bots tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    They are actually less useful to have in your team than some bots tbh.
    Some early mornings i'll still see an alliance bot run up to BS flag and stand there doing nothing. I'm in /prowl so I don't bother him really, but other than that... I don't tend to see too many bots now that i've blacklisted AV/IoC.

I dont see many bots at 90.

Adding another vote for "don't see very many bots at 90". I feel like they're still pretty rampant in leveling BG's though... Fewer at 90 is likely to due with the catch-up conquest cap... at least that's my gut feeling...

I worry more about bad teammates than bots

Like mentioned above the bigger problem at least for alliance is people that roll in with no gear at all. As a healer I feel like I am trying to heal someone under a train, they are almost a waste of mana because they are going to die no matter what I do unless I blow cooldowns and they are doing next to no good, no dps, not fighting on the flag etc.

One thing I have noticed a bit more of is AFK players just finding a spot to hang out. Watched a mage run down the tunnel in WS grab the speed boost head up to the roof and just hang out in the corner. When I first died found two others hanging out in the graveyard just standing there. Next time I died they were still there... I report them but it does not seem to do any good.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see many bots in Rampage / EU.

2 horde ran past the enemy flag and into the mid again...

A mage ran towards the flag then suddently turned 180 degress and ran the opposite way.

Deleted
    I dont notice bots when i play during the day but it seems at around 1am onwards you tend to notice them, if you have social gaming hours they shouldnt really effect your gameplay.

Deleted
    Not seen any for months actually & i'm in bgs regularly.

Could be because they stopped the follow command working in bgs ?

As long as you play mostly during the populated hours (and not the middle of the night or early morning) there generally isn't a lot of bots. I know people claim to have seen BGs full of bots, and I'm sure it has happened but very rarely. In the last few weeks I've seen an average of maybe 1 bot per 2-3 BGs or so (might obviously be a few more that you don't notice, sometimes the difference between a bot and a bad player is small).

It's right though that blizzard don't really care about the bots, as much as it's right to actually prevent them from working, that is more right about farming bots, because that's quite often people with access to multiple hacked accounts anyway, that's not the case with BG bots.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Are we playing the same game? Botting is nearly non-existent now. Maybe like 1 bot per 10 bgs, at least in the non-AV non-IoC ones since I have those blacklisted. People who generally bot are good players who have alts, but theres no point in botting since they can just conquest cap alts and have no need for bgs.
    I tend to get BG's with nothing but bots. To be double sure i choose a couple of people and talk absolute trash to them and i dont even get a response. If you think bots arent a problem in BG's, then I envy your ignorance.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

I assume it depends on when you're playing. Mid-day there are probably still bots, but they don't stand out as much as they blend in relatively well with the randoms in BGs.

But if you play late-night, like I sometimes do, you will see BGs, where one side's entire team will be composed entirely of bots, probably more than once during that evening.

I've seen so many bizzare things happen in those BGs that it's hard to describe. The congo-lines of bots riding in circles at isle of conquest, or the zergs of bots being kited away from the flag in gilneas only for all of them to afk in the middle of nowhere after they lost track of their target, or the infinitely resurrecting bots in WSG, who after resurrecting will walk in exactly the same direction, with exactly the same pattern of behaviour, after every death, dying over and over in the same way...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    I tend to get BG's with nothing but bots. To be double sure i choose a couple of people and talk absolute trash to them and i dont even get a response. If you think bots arent a problem in BG's, then I envy your ignorance.
    The bots I look for are low-0 dmg and healing done or people who just stand around during a battle situation. Hardly ever see them anymore. Ran 5 or 6 bgs last night I forget, and not once did a dps on my team have lower than 500k dmg unless they were in straight greens, nor did a healer have less than 500k healing once. That says to me there were no bots. Unless a bot heals people now, which I would be all for lol.