Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    The bots I look for are low-0 dmg and healing done or people who just stand around during a battle situation. Hardly ever see them anymore. Ran 5 or 6 bgs last night I forget, and not once did a dps on my team have lower than 500k dmg unless they were in straight greens, nor did a healer have less than 500k healing once. That says to me there were no bots. Unless a bot heals people now, which I would be all for lol.
    They certainly do! Not only do they heal, but some of them tend to prioritize attacks better than actual players, and are able to top DPS rankings in certain cases. They just can't properly take part in specific objectives like a player would.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen, or at least noticed a bot in weeks, months even.

And most of the time I queue alone.

And win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

Quote Originally Posted by Robles View Post
    I haven't seen, or at least noticed a bot in weeks, months even.

And most of the time I queue alone.

And win.
    My experience reflects this pretty much.
    do what you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    The bots I look for are low-0 dmg and healing done or people who just stand around during a battle situation.
    Bots have never done that. When I botted BGs I would do top heals and only fight at nodes. Hell my bots were better than most players. Whos going to report the top healer as being a bot?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Bots have never done that. When I botted BGs I would do top heals and only fight at nodes. Hell my bots were better than most players. Whos going to report the top healer as being a bot?
    Then why are people complaining about bots?

10+ Year Old Account
    Either the bot patterns have changed a lot and improved, I can't say much has changed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Close to a year ago I posted on the official forums a video showing the rampant botting that was taking place. I got banned for posting it. The thread was full of people such as yourself proclaiming that everyone was just "paranoid" even in the face of video evidence. Forgive me if I take your response with a grain of salt. The mere fact that even you believe that "everyone thinks bots are rampant" tells me all I need to know.
    I remember the first couple months of cataclysm bg's were full of bots (I dont understand why people made such a big fuss about it anyway) but now it seems to have been toned down ALOT, there's probably been a huge banwave or something.
    If you got banned for a post it must have contained some colourful language :P

Most people equate "bots" to characters running into a fenceline on their mount for the whole BG. Modern bots are sophisticated, and unless you actually watch their gameplay, you would never know, as they are never at zero healing/damage done. People look at the bots as the cause of a problem, when really the bot was invented as a solution to a problem- that is, gearing up for arena (especially on alts). Almost nobody bots in BF3 (yes, aimbot which is another topic entirely, but fully automated bots are rare and pointless), because there is no ramp-up time needed to get into the action. You can be level 1, and besides not having a scope or silencer, you are right in the action with everyone else and are enjoying it from the first minute. In WoW, they've created this progression where you have to hit 90, take a week or two gearing up while getting crushed along the way, getting into RBG's or rated Arena's, and re-gearing again, etc. etc. ad nauseam, only to do it again next season. You spend all the time getting the gear, as opposed to enjoying the fighting while you have the gear. If you take any time off, you're perpetually behind the curve- hence, botting.

Deleted
    It's completely overun by bots, take this from someone still playing.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jb247 View Post
    Most people equate "bots" to characters running into a fenceline on their mount for the whole BG. Modern bots are sophisticated, and unless you actually watch their gameplay, you would never know, as they are never at zero healing/damage done. People look at the bots as the cause of a problem, when really the bot was invented as a solution to a problem- that is, gearing up for arena (especially on alts). Almost nobody bots in BF3 (yes, aimbot which is another topic entirely, but fully automated bots are rare and pointless), because there is no ramp-up time needed to get into the action. You can be level 1, and besides not having a scope or silencer, you are right in the action with everyone else and are enjoying it from the first minute. In WoW, they've created this progression where you have to hit 90, take a week or two gearing up while getting crushed along the way, getting into RBG's or rated Arena's, and re-gearing again, etc. etc. ad nauseam, only to do it again next season. You spend all the time getting the gear, as opposed to enjoying the fighting while you have the gear. If you take any time off, you're perpetually behind the curve- hence, botting.
    It's why I always said that organized PvP (BG's, rated or unrated, and Arenas) should make all class/specs use the same premade gear tailored to each spec. Remove the gear equation entirely from PvP. Let the "gear" you actually earn be used for LOLWORLDPVP.

Will never happen, because of the mantra "PvP players need to have a sense of progression" which to me flies in the face of "PvP players enjoy the challenge of facing off against a non-scripted opponent" and is instead replaced with "PvP players like to curb stomp undergeared n00bs that don't have a fighting chance."

If you didn't need to farm for the gear to not get rolled nonstop, then the need for botting would be reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    It's why I always said that organized PvP (BG's, rated or unrated, and Arenas) should make all class/specs use the same premade gear tailored to each spec. Remove the gear equation entirely from PvP. Let the "gear" you actually earn be used for LOLWORLDPVP.

Will never happen, because of the mantra "PvP players need to have a sense of progression" which to me flies in the face of "PvP players enjoy the challenge of facing off against a non-scripted opponent" and is instead replaced with "PvP players like to curb stomp undergeared n00bs that don't have a fighting chance."

If you didn't need to farm for the gear to not get rolled nonstop, then the need for botting would be reduced.
    I 100% agree with you. Not only that, but it isn't even an untested theory. Take it from someone who spent hours upon hours battling from TM to South Shore back in the old days, where there was zero "sense of progression". The reality is that the addition of PvP gear to this game has done nothing positive.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still see them from time to time, but they aren't as wide spread as they use to be. Of course sometimes having a bot on the Alliance side is better than having a real player. At least the bots try to do the bg objectives which is more than I can say for a lot of players I've seen lately.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

People seem to have varying experiences. I encounter them far less now than I did at the start of the expansion. I rarely notice them anymore.

Believe it or not some Bots out perform players, I know a friend that has botted bgs and I have seen it outperform others sadly :/

Hell now bots as damage focus healers over others, and actually go to objectives and use all Cds at once, they are better than a lot of people who just sit and complain or fight mid

I personally don't see bots alot for a while now.

Don't like playing around bots? Move to a backwater, underpopulated battlegroup where no profit-minded multiboxer would dare set foot!

Having followed my advice, I'm looking foward to your "My faction is universally bad at random battlegrounds," thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post
    Don't like playing around bots? Move to a backwater, underpopulated battlegroup where no profit-minded multiboxer would dare set foot!

Having followed my advice, I'm looking foward to your "My faction is universally bad at random battlegrounds," thread.
    Battlegroups haven't existed in random BG's for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Battlegroups haven't existed in random BG's for a long time.
    Shows what I know about trivial random battlegrounds!

Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post

Too bad battlegroups do not exist for BG's. So that plan wont work.

Nothing has changed yet. Not even a single big banwave to please the masses. It's kinda weird.

It's pretty sad when you inspect a bot and find out they are on an account with 15k+ achievement points. Just goes to show.