Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What is the single most heartbreaking and tragic moment of your life?

I've been trying to, in my spare time, see if there are indeed people who share the pain of not having the perfect life that children envision. There are moments we have where you believe life is simply not fair or meant to be, and have considered surrendering. What point in your life truly strengthened that belief, and was so painful that it truly felt as if you were dead on the inside, but your body is still alive?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

I wouldn't say I felt dead inside or anything, but the biggest heartbreaking moment for me was when my cousin passed away due to something in her brain suddenly appearing and causing her to pass out and eventually die from it. The doctors said it had apparently been present her whole life but only actually appeared within 24 hours of her passing out and being rushed to the hospital, but unfortunately by that time it was too late to do anything for her. She was only 15. Nothing even remotely close to fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

10+ Year Old Account
    when i learned that my younger brother was living in the streets for the last 3 years.

we were never close to each other, but when i saw him i really died inside.

I hit and killed my neighbors dog with my car coming out of my driveway in the snow.

ive been fortunate enough to not have anyone close to me die and live a quiet life(i like it that way). so the worst feeling i think i had so far was when someone i trusted unequivocally(think i used that right), told my mom a secret i was keeping from her. in retrospect she did the right thing in telling my mom, but at the time i felt so betrayed i felt like my heart split in 2.

Deleted
    Probably a few times a week. Altho it's not really a feeling of being dead inside, more just bored to death and tired of bad health and not being able to do even the simplest things that I want for some unknown reason. Can't really pinpoint any event in particular.
    Last edited by mmoc68ceb3652c; 2013-08-05 at 01:00 AM.

My girlfriends family was killed in a car accident recently so yeah that i would say is pretty much the single worst thing thats happened. I never met them personally but trying to comfort my girlfriend but i mean what can you say after something like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    The day I legally emancipated myself from my parents. It was the worst and best day of my life.

When I miscounted change to get a soda on the way home.
    I could've just put it on my card, but like.. Who buys a soda with a credit card? Jeez..
    But I really wanted a soda - so I refilled my car and payed for the soda and gas on my card.
    I mean, I didn't even really need the gas - I was on 3/4ths a tank, but yeah..

It was so inconvenient. I'm not sure I'll ever really get over it..
    I'll just take it one day at a time.

i found out that i had a sister and that my father wasn't my biological father when i was 20. i found out that my brother was only my half brother and a bunch of other things all at once. its been 3 years and still feels kind of like unreal, like i dreamt it all. i really wish it wasn't true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's been kind of a mix of things in my years. Internally, so to speak, having a mother who chose her oldest daughter to be the one she'd take her own emotional issues out on (as well as mom's sister and husband being sucky people and, in a child's mind, proving it wasn't them, it was me), while having a younger sister who for the most part can't do much wrong. And all the social, anxiety, and depression issues that all stemmed from that.

Externally...when a good, young man ends his life in his later 20s, the kind of guy one might think the world needs more of... That is one messed up, pointless world that would happen in.

When my parents split up and my mom moved because my dad threatened to kill her. Of course he told me she abandoned me which was really tough after years of legal stuff I was finally able to move back to her, those years with my dad were the worst of my life even though he didn't hit me or do anything to phyisically harm me. I always though I went through some rough sh*t but reading some of the things on here I almost feel lucky, almost...

10+ Year Old Account
    Becoming Anti friend zoned by a girl I really liked and cared about. The effects lasted for two years. I still think of her and foolishly hope she'll come back but I've always been an optimistic man so alas. That's mostly it. Oh and losing my Sheltie dog(Shetleed Sheepdog) named Yoshi to cancer. After he died or rather put to sleep because he was in a lot of pain. At night sometimes, I thought of him and I ended up in tears.

That's about all the tragic things. >_>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Sousoulsu View Post
    When I miscounted change to get a soda on the way home.
    I could've just put it on my card, but like.. Who buys a soda with a credit card? Jeez..
    But I really wanted a soda - so I refilled my car and payed for the soda and gas on my card.
    I mean, I didn't even really need the gas - I was on 3/4ths a tank, but yeah..

It was so inconvenient. I'm not sure I'll ever really get over it..
    I'll just take it one day at a time.
    It'll be okay. I too know the painful feeling of inconvenience.

I once ordered salad when a waiter pressured me for my choice of appetizer. I really wanted the soup. I'll never know what my life could have been like. It was the single most painful moment of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by drewknukem1 View Post
    It'll be okay. I too know the painful feeling of inconvenience.

I once ordered salad when a waiter pressured me for my choice of appetizer. I really wanted the soup. I'll never know what my life could have been like. It was the single most painful moment of my life.
    That uncaring, heartless jerk. How dare he make you make a choice between two appetizers?
    Next time, if you're presented with such a quandary, just pick the soup - and go with tomato. Every place's tomato soup tastes a little different - so you'll never be disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    i found out that i had a sister and that my father wasn't my biological father when i was 20. i found out that my brother was only my half brother and a bunch of other things all at once. its been 3 years and still feels kind of like unreal, like i dreamt it all. i really wish it wasn't true.
    All it means is one of your parents didn't bone who you thought they boned.
    They still <3 you. Probably.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dog dying was probably the toughest thing so far in life. It was the only year I decided to get a summer job around the university town that I was living in than going home for work.

He ended up having something wrong with his brain which was the cause for his sudden behavioral change. This caused him to bite a young boy. I remember getting a call from my sister when it happened and how devastating it was hearing that we might have to put him down. My parents wrestled with the idea for a couple days and ultimately decided not to, which made me really happy. I only had a couple weeks left and hopefully I thought that seeing him again might change his mood. Then he bit father on the face a couple weeks later.

The worst part was this all happened while I was away and couldn't get home. The day I came home happened to be the day they had to put him down and I only got to spend a couple of minutes with him. My parents ended up taking him to the vet to put him down and the next time I saw him he was in a blanket being carried by my cousin to the back yard to be buried.

It was the most awful thing I've experienced in my entire life. I raised him when he was a puppy, took him swimming constantly (he was a golden lab, and he loved the water) and he always slept on the foot of my bed. As he got older he had difficulty getting up so I always had to help him get up.

When I was sexually abused by my sister for years. When I found out my mom cheated on my dad. And when both my cat(Misty <3) and my aunt's dog (Hollis <3) passed away only two months apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being left in a mental hospital at 17... I didn't belong there, the Doctor as well as the other people who worked there said I shouldn't have even been considered there. The therapist was the only person who believed I shouldn't be there, she was interesting to say the least. There were many times I wanted to just rage at her for her stupidity but I had to keep it in or else they're like, "Well it looks like you should still be here". My dad came back from the Middle East, visits me once and says, "What the fuck is my son doing here".

I've moved on from said thing but I remember how I felt, confined and helpless. To this day, I don't think anyone fully escaped that place without getting caught, as far as I'm aware, I was the only person ever admitted there that ran out of the facility and escaped... I came back later that night after walking all around the countryside, I needed a bed and the winter isn't when it comes to sleeping outside.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I was 12 years old, it was the week before school finished for christmas and we got a baker day (an extra day off), I was giddy and woke up all excited to waste my day playing FF7...after an hour my mum came into my room and told me that my nana had just died....took away a bit of the christmas cheer that year....
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Being left in a mental hospital at 17... I didn't belong there, the Doctor as well as the other people who worked there said I shouldn't have even been considered there. The therapist was the only person who believed I shouldn't be there, she was interesting to say the least. There were many times I wanted to just rage at her for her stupidity but I had to keep it in or else they're like, "Well it looks like you should still be here". My dad came back from the Middle East, visits me once and says, "What the fuck is my son doing here".

I've moved on from said thing but I remember how I felt, confined and helpless. To this day, I don't think anyone fully escaped that place without getting caught, as far as I'm aware, I was the only person ever admitted there that ran out of the facility and escaped... I came back later that night after walking all around the countryside, I needed a bed and the winter isn't when it comes to sleeping outside.
    You had to have done something to get in there
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."