Best way to level enchanting?

Normally when I level enchanting I pair it with a crafting skill so I can DE everything I craft and along with DEing quest rewards and dungeon drops I usually end up leveling Enchanting for close to free. But just decided to pick up Enchanting on my Lock who already has 600 tailoring. Is it typically better to go through all the tailoring mats and craft stuff to DE? Or just buy the dusts off the AH and raise enchanting that way. Cloth is fairly cheap on my server and usually lots of it. Also enchanting mats seem pretty expensive. For example its like 200 g per stack of Hypnotic Dust. But I can farm around 1200-1500 embersilk cloth per hour so Im guessing its better to just craft and DE?

If you have some free time, go farm content ... like clearing instances or known farm spots for cloth. While farming the cloth, you'll get greens. While soloing old instances, you'll get greens and cloth. If you can't solo, if you have a bored friend or too, make it a social even or use if for getting the guild dungeon runs done.

If you don't have time, and you do have gold; this is where AH addons come into play as they can help you decide which is cheaper (buying and de greens, buying mats, or you can do a bit of math and weigh out cost of tailoring mats + de mats in return vs cost of raw mats).

craft and de will probably be best in terms of amount of gold spent. craft the items that are known to yield the most enchanting mats per bolt of cloth. this page should help you decide which items to craft: click.

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    craft and de will probably be best in terms of amount of gold spent. craft the items that are known to yield the most enchanting mats per bolt of cloth. this page should help you decide which items to craft: click.

seems to be 50:50 on stuff. Silk cloth was very expensive so I bought soul dust since it was next to nothing. Next Vision dust was really expensive and mageweave was basically free. Gonna end up probably making 300-400g on selling excess vision dust after crafting around 150 mageweave vests.

Deleted
    Just check every 50 skill points, craft de, ah de, ah buy mats, farm dungeons, other ah activity.

I level alts. I keep every single green item I find. Easy enchant leveling.
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

My advice: Read through the profession leveling guides at wow-professions.com. Those guides will typically have tailor/leatherworker/blacksmith/jewelcrafter make the same thing X number of times. Then check the AH for those specific items. People that power-level their profs might be selling 15 of an item dirt cheap, knowing they won't go for much, just to get rid of them. This is a great way to get items to DE on the cheap.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    smash istances and craft/DE with tailoring

and check level 45+ green BoE prices on wowhead, or you'll end up disenchanting mog items worth 10k or more