Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

[BrM] Switching to dual wield /w RoRo

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Everyone is singing the praises of RoRO and the higher DPS from dual wield so I'm thinking of making the switch.

I currently have and use a 2/2 TF pole arm from Lei Shen, with the valor trinket and Bad JuJu - and I run a crit setup to main tank my 10man (cleared normal, starting some minor work on heroics).

As my weapon is Thunderforged, is it worthwhile switching from that to (normal mode) twins fist/council axe with an LFR RoRO? The only thing missing from RoRO is the extra agility from a normal mode version of it, but I'm acutely aware that my luck before next patch probably won't yield a normal or TF RoRO.

Thoughts? Also if I can get my hand on a second twins fist ill be swapping to that from the axe.

Cheers,
    Mini

The higher the RoRo item lvl the higher the proc rate.

With windwalker 2h is better if its 10 item levels higher than the average of your two prospective one handers.
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

Edit: Guess I was wrong!

It does not follow the same pattern as all other RPPM trinkets, except UVLS!
    Last edited by Greed001; 2013-08-06 at 12:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greed001 View Post
    Where the fuck did you hear this? According to data and blue posts, all Runes have the same proc rate, regardless of ilvl or upgrade.
    What data? What blue posts? Please elaborate.

For the people that arent in your own little world, procrate for RoR is

541 ilevel = 112.88% proc multiplier
    535 ilevel = 106.74% proc multiplier
    528 ilevel = 100.00% proc multiplier
    522 ilevel = 94.56% proc multiplier
    502 ilevel = 78.49% proc multiplier
    463 ilevel = 54.57% proc multiplier

i.e. it behaves exactly the same as UVLS, with procmodifier being 1/(1.15^((528-ItemLevel)/15), while it's baseprocrate is 1.012

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers for the feedback so far. So with the lower proc rate in mind, is the LFR version still worth it? (Double upgraded of course to 510). I'm pretty terrible at maths.

If so, ill finish off this weeks clear with my 2h gear tonight, then swap around for next weeks clear.

Deleted
    Take into consideration that the dual wield crit cap is lower than the 2h one since you have no glancing blows. This matters since your white hits critting is the only defensive bonus you get from stacking crit. Once you go above the cap it's only special attacks that benefit, which translates into damage and statue-shields. Damage is not all bad, but gearing solely for crit with a DW setup wastes a bit of the stat values if you overdo it.

E.g. proccing RoRO to over 80% crit with dw, as an argument for proccing EB is not really true, you're getting 90% damage out of the procc while dropping some mastery. It's a fully viable way of tanking, just wanna point out that the illusion of crit being a tanking stat only works up until the crit cap.

So, in my opinion, hold onto the 2h TF stick and stay clear of LFR RoRO. Procc rate scales poorly for LFR as people have shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranoch View Post
    Take into consideration that the dual wield crit cap is lower than the 2h one since you have no glancing blows. This matters since your white hits critting is the only defensive bonus you get from stacking crit. Once you go above the cap it's only special attacks that benefit, which translates into damage and statue-shields. Damage is not all bad, but gearing solely for crit with a DW setup wastes a bit of the stat values if you overdo it.

E.g. proccing RoRO to over 80% crit with dw, as an argument for proccing EB is not really true, you're getting 90% damage out of the procc while dropping some mastery. It's a fully viable way of tanking, just wanna point out that the illusion of crit being a tanking stat only works up until the crit cap.

So, in my opinion, hold onto the 2h TF stick and stay clear of LFR RoRO. Procc rate scales poorly for LFR as people have shown above.
    That's why i swapped back from DW to 2H (same ilvl for all weapons). I'm at 55% crit raid buffed, and that's considering my 2H doesn't have crit, while both my 1H had it. I'm getting more elusive stacks, and the DPS loss is almost nonexistant.

Deleted
    Been considering that as well, but i don't have any 2h to match my 1hs at the moment. =/ It is a very real issue though, that we can crit cap two tiers into an expansion.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I gave it a shot tonight - EB stacks seemed very low, despite being at about 50% raid buffed crit. Work in progress, but I think I'm gonna switch back to my 2H for the moment until I get a real RoRo

- - - Updated - - -

Expensive experiment lol - two dancing steels, two extra sockets and 1500 valor later >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the same situation. Kind of.
    Currently I'm wearing the Shared Boss Loot staff 2/2 upgrades and RoRo HC 2/2. Last week I got the fist weapon from Twins. 2 times. Also HC. Would it be worth it to upgrade those? (Armory in signature)

Personally, I found it a dps loss switching from Bad Juju to RoRo from 1 week to the next. Could have just been really bad RNG, but I am not convinced it is better.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Go RoRo if youre looking for dps. RoRo DW is sweet dpsness. Just be ready to feel like youre in green gear in terms of haste for the first few sconds (theyll change it in 5.4 so dont dwell too long).

I've played with Bad Juju, its decent but RoRo scales with gear, so at my gear level i see it prevailing a lot more. Dunno why you dont, your gear level is almost identical.

Best part bout RoRo (personally), trash packs, 100% crit BoF, so much awewsomeness, 300k crit ticks for 8 seconds with 1 GCD. Gotta love eet

Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Go RoRo if youre looking for dps. RoRo DW is sweet dpsness. Just be ready to feel like youre in green gear in terms of haste for the first few sconds (theyll change it in 5.4 so dont dwell too long).

I've played with Bad Juju, its decent but RoRo scales with gear, so at my gear level i see it prevailing a lot more. Dunno why you dont, your gear level is almost identical.

Best part bout RoRo (personally), trash packs, 100% crit BoF, so much awewsomeness, 300k crit ticks for 8 seconds with 1 GCD. Gotta love eet
    Trash is trash and I don't really care to equip a trinket for trash. I care about boss kills, and I honestly saw through the logs, etc that Juju was better dps than my RoRo from 1 week to the next. Just my personal experience. it could have been bad RNG, but it was literally like every single fight was lower.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Trash is trash and I don't really care to equip a trinket for trash. I care about boss kills, and I honestly saw through the logs, etc that Juju was better dps than my RoRo from 1 week to the next. Just my personal experience. it could have been bad RNG, but it was literally like every single fight was lower.
    You do trash w/o trinkets ? Anyway i guess it depends on your tank strategy, the more uptime on high vengeance, the better RoRo becomes. Weird tho, i looked through my logs when i ran juju, and RoRo was quite ahead..

Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    You do trash w/o trinkets ? Anyway i guess it depends on your tank strategy, the more uptime on high vengeance, the better RoRo becomes. Weird tho, i looked through my logs when i ran juju, and RoRo was quite ahead..
    I would give it another test, but now I just gem/reforge for WW from start to finish, and just throw on my 4pc BrM for all the fights I tank. Ranking doesn't matter anymore to me, would just rather kill the boss and call it a day, plus I am WW for several fights now so it makes sense.