Page 76 of 95 FirstFirst ...
26
66
74
75
76
77
78
86
... LastLast
  1. #1501
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Mooneye is no feminist trash....We have several of thpse here but she's definitely one of the more reasonable/moderate ones.
    Feminist trash no. Has a good amount of bias? Yes she does but not on this topic.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  2. #1502
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    14,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    What's this, a feminist trash claiming that men and women are not equal? It's about fucking time. It's a good thing that you being pedantic is more of an important aspect than the act of circumcision. I am sure you also believe that you are a special snowflake for having a vagina.
    There is a glarring difference between male and female circumcision... if you choose to be blind to that fact, then your own ignorance of these matters are on you.

  3. #1503
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    What's this, a feminist trash claiming that men and women are not equal? It's about fucking time. It's a good thing that you being pedantic is more of an important aspect than the act of circumcision. I am sure you also believe that you are a special snowflake for having a vagina.
    Uh, where have I ever supported circumcision? I believe it to be against someones bodily autonomy unless they consent to having it done. I find it heinous that parents do it to their kids without them being given a choice. It should be up to each and every person to choose if they want to do it or to remain intact. No, having a vagina does not make someone special nor should it.

  4. #1504
    Brewmaster Zangeiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Grilled Cheese Factory
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Uh, where have I ever supported circumcision? I believe it to be against someones bodily autonomy unless they consent to having it done. I find it heinous that parents do it to their kids without them being given a choice. It should be up to each and every person to choose if they want to do it or to remain intact. No, having a vagina does not make someone special nor should it.
    Mooneye its like I said to Themius he obviously dosent understand the difference between male and female circumcision and he is trying to hide the fact that he dosent by pushing mainstreaming topics on to people

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There is a glarring difference between male and female circumcision... if you choose to be blind to that fact, then your own ignorance of these matters are on you.
    I couldnt figure out how to add you to the post so I just replyed
    Clancy's watching.

  5. #1505
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There is a glarring difference between male and female circumcision... if you choose to be blind to that fact, then your own ignorance of these matters are on you.
    The problem is that you're right, while at the same time, you are not.
    All female genital mutilation is (rightfully) banned in all of the western world. As far as I know, anyway. Not all female genital mutilation is more intrusive than male genital mutilation, however, even if female genital mutilation has far more extreme methods.
    The double standard lies in the fact that 'milder' variations of female genital mutilation are ALSO (rightfully!) banned. Even if those are léss intrusive than male genital mutilation.

  6. #1506
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There is a glarring difference between male and female circumcision... if you choose to be blind to that fact, then your own ignorance of these matters are on you.
    Every form of female circumcision is banned. Infant earlobe amputation is banned regardless of gender. If its only ok by gender it should be not ok at all.

    Definition of sexism par excellence.
    Last edited by Davillage; 2013-09-28 at 07:22 PM.

  7. #1507
    The Patient crazymack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    <--- that way
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    *snip*
    Anyone trying to pass male circumcision as anything remotely close to female circumcision loses all creditability in my book. I was circumcision when I was born and I can't say it has affect negatively in any way really. To many posters, I think, are blowing the though male circumcision way out of proportion.

  8. #1508
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymack View Post
    *snip*
    Anyone trying to pass male earlobe amputation as anything remotely close to female earlobe amputation loses all creditability in my book. I was earlobe amputated when I was born and I can't say it has affect negatively in any way really. To many posters, I think, are blowing the though of male earlobe amputation way out of proportion.
    Last edited by Davillage; 2013-09-28 at 07:45 PM.

  9. #1509
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Anyone trying to pass male earlobe amputation as anything remotely close to female earlobe amputation loses all creditability in my book. I was earlobe amputated when I was born and I can't say it has affect negatively in any way really. To many posters, I think, are blowing the though of male earlobe amputation way out of proportion.
    Could we stop with the snide responses. It's obnoxious. I was circumsized as a kid(I was born in 1989). Mom was told it was the best at the time and she cried as they did it. I personally have no negative feelings towards her or doctors. I wouldn't have it done on my own but yeah.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  10. #1510
    The Patient crazymack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    <--- that way
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    *snip*
    I suppose you think yourself very clever, ok tell me in what way that I'm wrong about male vs female circumcision.

  11. #1511
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    A bandaid fix to a broader problem. In this case, a bandaid fix that comes with strings attached - cost of procedure (not just money, pain sensitization studies have also been done in infants) and possibly reduced sensitivity (and possibly other effects we don't see because of our cultural and technological practices). I say it's a bandaid fix because it is not addressing the cause of such high susceptibility to STIs, which I'm going to hypothesize is a change/simplification of epidermal flora, similar to the change that has occurred in post-agri times to our digestive flora, which has in part led to a dependence on oral hygeine to prevent caries. I don't buy this tradeoff idea - that it's there to protect the glans, but at the cost of increased susceptibility to infections. We have many, many places on and in our bodies that are harbors for microorganisms.
    I don't really know what you're driving at. I've never advocated circumcision. I'm just calling people out on the nonsensical claim that there's no medical reason for it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Well, you circumsized folks do a phenomenal job convincing yourself it's "cleaner", because pulling back the foreskin is a mightily difficult task, and going "lololol, anteater" at the appearance of a regular, non-mutilated one.
    You seem vastly more concerned with other people's dicks than I am. *shrug*

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Or maybe they just don't care and think this whole thing is kind of ridiculous.
    That couldn't be it. Circumcised people that say they don't care are obviously covering up their deep, dark misery.

  12. #1512
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Could we stop with the snide responses. It's obnoxious. I was circumsized as a kid(I was born in 1989). Mom was told it was the best at the time and she cried as they did it. I personally have no negative feelings towards her or doctors. I wouldn't have it done on my own but yeah.
    I know its a personal matter and i think i wouldn't miss some earlobe but to inflict that on infants is gruesome and medieval if people claim such things for them self it's ok but as a humanist i strongly oppose the thought that due to bronzeage traditions you are allowed to do it lawfull.

    Quote Originally Posted by crazymack View Post
    I suppose you think yourself very clever, ok tell me in what way that I'm wrong about male vs female circumcision.
    Yes most female circumcision is worse than the practice of male circumsision. Pointing at murders won't let you get away with assault.
    If you make an excemption based on gender in compareable cases you are sexist.

    We are talking about infant mutilation the lighthearted or even self rightneous tone of some posters needs snidey remarks i think.
    Ask yourself would you oppose earlobe amputation of infants?
    Last edited by Davillage; 2013-09-28 at 08:19 PM.

  13. #1513
    The Patient crazymack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    <--- that way
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    *snip*
    Ask yourself would you oppose earlobe amputation of infants?
    Yes, yes I would oppose earlobe amputation of infants but I wouldn't compare it to something it is not.

    All most all forms of female circumcision severely affects a woman's ability to have pleasure during sex. Male circumcision, as far as I know it which is my case, does not inhibit sexual please what so ever. I'm pretty sure going into explicit detail of each procedure when I say "all most all" and "as far as I know" would probably violate forums rules. So as far as sexual please go, male vs female circumcision is comparing apples to oranges.

    IF you arguing the 'act' of male circumcision then leave female circumcision out of your argument as far as I'm concerned. The 'act' of infant circumcision is different then other age groups because it can be a traumatic experience for older kids. You basically telling me to care about something I don't remember nor does it effect my day/night life. Would you care? Because I sure don't and it boils my blood when people compare it to something that actually has an effect.

  14. #1514
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymack View Post
    Yes, yes I would oppose earlobe amputation of infants but I wouldn't compare it to something it is not.
    Earlobe amputation doesn't impair your hearing. Infant labiaplasty would be ok by your definition pure sexism or indifference for the body integrity of newborns questionable moral horizon eitherway. Bronzeage traditions ftw.

    I wont leave out infant mutilation where infant mutilation is concerned see the earlobe example i don't care for the gender of the infant you seem to do.
    Last edited by Davillage; 2013-09-28 at 09:42 PM.

  15. #1515
    High Overlord Jesse Pinkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico.
    Posts
    100
    It's very simple in the Western world. If you're a man, you have no protected rights. In the Eastern world, women have no rights. If you're a white man, nobody really cares about you because we were all obviously born into privilege. I'd like to see a single father get the recognition he deserves just once in this society, but we all know that will never happen. It's all about the poor women and how hard it is these days to be a gold digger... I mean man hater... crap, I mean independent woman that totally doesn't look like a man to begin... screw it.

  16. #1516
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Pinkman View Post
    It's very simple in the Western world. If you're a man, you have no protected rights.
    None? At all?

  17. #1517
    The Insane Cattaclysmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Or maybe they just don't care and think this whole thing is kind of ridiculous.
    The problem is it being forced on children. When they grow up they can cut off body parts to their hearts desire.

  18. #1518
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The problem is it being forced on children. When they grow up they can cut off body parts to their hearts desire.
    We force stuff on kids all the time, no one ever cares until there's a penis involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  19. #1519
    Bloodsail Admiral Ninaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Or maybe they just don't care and think this whole thing is kind of ridiculous.
    I personally don't think that cosmetic surgery done on an infant on the basis of "Everybody around here does it, so it's a-okay" should be on a "don't care, the whole thing is ridiculous" level.

    I mean, circumcision has both advantages and disadvantages, so in the end, the procedure isn't necessary and purely cosmetic.
    Last edited by Ninaran; 2013-09-29 at 01:46 AM.
    Ex-Rogue; Ex-Paladin
    Mastery will fix it.

  20. #1520
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    None? At all?
    In his world men have no rights what so ever. It's ok though, I believe he's just looking for trouble. If you noticed the threads he has started.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •