Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Sooo... uh... Virtual Realms?

Besides the one or two casual blue posts about this feature, nothing else has been said, as far as I know.

Is this still becoming a feature in 5.4, or is it going the way of the Dance Studio?
    "This is my story,
    It'll go the way I want,
    Or I'll end it here!" - Tidus (FFX)

If I'm not mistaken, it's being actively used on the PTR.
    Hearts are man kinds lock. If only everyone's emotions were a skeleton key, this world would be a happier place.

Been kinda wondering the same thing. Nothing has been said about it.

Wonderful Sig made by Torgerd

From what I've seen it's been active on the PTR. Do we really need constant blue posts telling us about it? I mean there's not really much more that you can say other there "It's in a sense a realm merger where multiple realms can make use of the same AH, zones, and even join guilds cross server."

How about which servers are affected? Are all servers affected? Will there be groups of servers? How will high pop servers that already have crammed zones work?

As far as I know the 5 ptr servers are already linked together. They also said that they will introduce the system step-by-step like CRZ....whatever that means.

What's there to say? Is there anything we don't know about it anymore? If I'm not mistaken, apart from which realms are exactly gonna be grouped (and even there, we know that overpopulation and faction balance are taken into account), we know everything there is to know, don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    How about which servers are affected? Are all servers affected? Will there be groups of servers? How will high pop servers that already have crammed zones work?
    they also said a blog will follow....that was around 4 weeks ago, nothing happened since back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    From what I've seen it's been active on the PTR. Do we really need constant blue posts telling us about it? I mean there's not really much more that you can say other there "It's in a sense a realm merger where multiple realms can make use of the same AH, zones, and even join guilds cross server."
    A blog post detailing what it is would be nice. How do we trigger it? Which realms are involved? How do we join a cross-guild? Etc. There's simply no information besides that one sentence.
    "This is my story,
    It'll go the way I want,

It's something I'm not sure you'll be seeing played out a bunch on the test server. Are they going to merge it with another test server? Either way I'm really banking on this for saving my guild. Horde population on my server is just dead and without something like this there just isn't a viable pool of raiders. We have one progression oriented horde guild that competes for server firsts. The next closest Horde guild is 5/12 and only 4 other guilds have even cleared the first boss of ToT. If we don't get virtual realms it might be time to hang up my account since i don't feel like shelling out for transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    It's something I'm not sure you'll be seeing played out a bunch on the test server. Are they going to merge it with another test server? Either way I'm really banking on this for saving my guild. Horde population on my server is just dead and without something like this there just isn't a viable pool of raiders. We have one progression oriented horde guild that competes for server firsts. The next closest Horde guild is 5/12 and only 4 other guilds have even cleared the first boss of ToT. If we don't get virtual realms it might be time to hang up my account since i don't feel like shelling out for transfers.
    I'm on a server that is nearly dead, I'm in the only guild that has stepped foot into heroic modes (10/13 infact) - however I don't raid with them. Other guilds have barely gone through 5/12 normal.
    I like the quietness, and I want to stay here, but I have no choice at the moment besides joining a virtual realm guild and running flexi-raids. The only other option is LFR. Yay...
    "This is my story,
    It'll go the way I want,

Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    A blog post detailing what it is would be nice. How do we trigger it? Which realms are involved? How do we join a cross-guild? Etc. There's simply no information besides that one sentence.
    You don't trigger it, it's always on based for specific low pop realms that blizzard will turn it on for.
    I'm sure there will be a blog post explaining everything before it goes live, the point is just to test it now, and you don't really need more than the one sentence about what it does to test.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

I would imagine the implementation is going to be the same as CRZ. IT will apply to small groups of low pop realms first and then gradually come to higher pop realms.

For example with High pop realms that are unbalanced, say 85% alliance 15% horde. They will likely merge the horde with a high pop horde side and the alliance with a low pop alliance side to balance it out.

As I understand it this is essentially just an extended version of CRZ which is already on live realms and working. Testing sync'ed AH and CR guilds is probably not as challanging and being tested all the time on PTR.
    There are too many design flaws in your game. As a result, your customers' game experience may be degraded. Fire or replace the failing developers if you don't want to see this message again.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    I would imagine the implementation is going to be the same as CRZ. IT will apply to small groups of low pop realms first and then gradually come to higher pop realms.

For example with High pop realms that are unbalanced, say 85% alliance 15% horde. They will likely merge the horde with a high pop horde side and the alliance with a low pop alliance side to balance it out.
    My server sometimes crashes when too many people are at Oon - and it crashed during MoP several times when Galleon was considered rare. Double that with as many alliance? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmister View Post
    Been kinda wondering the same thing. Nothing has been said about it.
    Yes they have said. They will start it slowly, merge a few players there and there and not turn every realm into one realm with a push of a button.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

It's on the PTR, but Blizzard has still said very little about it really. The fact that it's on the PTR doesn't really mean very much, either, since the situation of the PTR realms doesn't remotely reflect what Live is like.

Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

Dreadlord
    I am the the 1%. Am I white, or am I black? The truth is I am both and in so being, I am neither..
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    As I understand it this is essentially just an extended version of CRZ which is already on live realms and sucking. Testing sync'ed AH and CR guilds is probably going to be another of Ghostcrawler's bad game design moves which doom the game, and means WOW is DYING!!11
    I've taken the liberty of fixing it to give everyone an advance idea of what the uninformed mouthbreathers from the WoW Forums will be screaming, likely for months. But no Kao's original post is spot on and correct.

The Kao really said: As I understand it this is essentially just an extended version of CRZ which is already on live realms and working. Testing sync'ed AH and CR guilds is probably not as challanging and being tested all the time on PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    I'm on a server that is nearly dead, I'm in the only guild that has stepped foot into heroic modes (10/13 infact) - however I don't raid with them. Other guilds have barely gone through 5/12 normal.
    I like the quietness, and I want to stay here, but I have no choice at the moment besides joining a virtual realm guild and running flexi-raids. The only other option is LFR. Yay...
    Out of curiosity, what would you want? You like the server you're on because it's low pop. You don't like running LFR. Your "only choice" (what?) is to join a virtual realm guild and run flex raids. Except, you could stay in your guild and run normals. Or join a different guild and run normals. Or transfer to a high pop realm and run normals. Or wait until virtual realms, there will be more people, and PuG normals. I don't really understand what exactly you're talking about, there are plenty of options aside from LFR.

Anyway, I feel like we know a decent amount about it. The only things we aren't positive on is how the realms will be picked for grouping. But it's pretty safe to say that they'll take like 5 low pop PvE East Coast realms and merge them. They won't merge like a PvE East Coast realm with a PvP West Coast realm, cause that would be stupid. They'll also take into account alliance/horde population they said. So the only thing we don't know is which realms exactly are grouped together, but that's more or less irrelevant as far as I can tell.

Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    It's been working so well they havn't realy had to talk about it.

To add, the dance studio was a joke and still remains a joke. People still can't believe that for some reason.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard