Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Warchief Shroud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Google it
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    I can understand having one of each class. Maybe even one of each class for each faction. That's 22. But beyond that? Seriously, get a life.

    Edit: Not directed at you, Shroud. :3
    Nah its ok I have accepted the fact I am one who has no life,just means I can not be killed in the conventional sense.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    They actually have not said mail, explicitly. I would hope so and it'd make sense, but they haven't said that.
    Do they really need to list everything you can do in the game on one realm? I thought the following quotes were enough:


    " a Connected Realm is a set of two or more standard realms that have been permanently and seamless “linked.” These linked realms will behave as if they were one cohesive realm,"

    "there should be no limitations. We want the experience to be seamless, and we expect it work as if you’re suddenly part of a much more active realm."


    Do they really need to give an itemized list?

  3. #43
    Not forgetting the god awful fail that is CRZ will still be present even after this feature is introduced, the so called blog post didn't really tell us anything that we didn't know already and was nothing more than a load of PR double talk and bullshit. Soon it'll be welcome to ( insert capital city faction ) lagfest and 10fps -.-

    If anyone is even thinking it's only going to be 2 realms linked, think again. Assume it'll be 5 realms plus >.<

    Think possible cost cutting measures so they don't have to pay for running all those servers
    Last edited by Kitchensink; 2013-08-05 at 10:51 PM.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Did they need to list everything you can do in the game on one realm? I thought the following quotes were enough:


    " a Connected Realm is a set of two or more standard realms that have been permanently and seamless “linked.” These linked realms will behave as if they were one cohesive realm,"

    "there should be no limitations. We want the experience to be seamless, and we expect it work as if you’re suddenly part of a much more active realm."


    Do they really need to give an itemized list?
    Come on, now. You should know people are stupid and lazy, won't read things and comprehend. It needs to be spoon-fed to them.

  5. #45
    most epic thing in wow from ever

  6. #46
    From the posts today it seems like it won't be going live with 5.4. I'm REALLY disappointed by that.

  7. #47
    IMO Next expansion should allow for three professions for each character. That'd make things easier, for example, have a toon with herbalism, inscription, and alchemy. And another with mining, blacksmithing, and jewelcrafting. Has nothing to do with virtual realms, I know. But I think it's a good idea.

  8. #48
    The Lightbringer foxHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Inside Jabu-jabu's Belly
    Posts
    3,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    Come on, now. You should know people are stupid and lazy, won't read things and comprehend. It needs to be spoon-fed to them.
    Yeah, you're a real internet badass. hi5, keyboard warrior.
    Look! Words!

  9. #49
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    459
    What I gather from this:

    Its basically a server mergers however due to people reserving names they can't just merge server because that might upset someone if they need to rename their char.

    This does bring up the questions about the 10 char max per server. Can I simply make chars on a server that we are a VR with? It would feel like I have more than the limit. Which brings up BoA's as well. Can they finally make those actually account bound if its a VR??

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

    there should be no limitations. We want the experience to be seamless, and we expect it work as if you’re suddenly part of a much more active realm."
    Because I am that kind of person, the use of the qualifier "should" leaves plenty of room for mail to be excluded.

    I doubt it though. Im sure mail will work between these realms. Otherwise how would the AH work?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

  11. #51
    so whats the difference between virtual realms, connected realms, and cross realms @.@
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    I'm REALLY disappointed by that.
    Me too, I think the initial announcement was in reaction to GC saying that some super duper secret feature, that every one would love was coming with 5.4 then they gave us that blog with like 4 neat things to make every one happy. I think VRs were tossed on the list even though they knew they would not be 100% ready for 5.4.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    so whats the difference between virtual realms, connected realms, and cross realms @.@
    Virtual realms ARE connected realms, they will likley be 2-4 realms all 100% linked. CRZs just allows ZONES to be populated by players from other realms.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

  13. #53
    Yay!! Orgrimmar. Now with 200% more "/2 Crappy Rated Priest LF God Comp for 2s" spam.......

    Seriously, If they go through with this, they REALLY need to think about an overhaul of their chat systems. Org is bad enough most days with the sheer amount of stuff flying around in /2. Adding 3 or 4 more realms into it is going to make it impossible to get any useful signal out of that noise.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    so whats the difference between virtual realms, connected realms, and cross realms @.@
    Connected realms seems to be the new name for Virtual Realms. CRZ still could have a lot of value for PvP servers, like Mal'Ganis and Illidan to be paired with Servers like Sargeras so that the worlds will be full of endless combat.

    Currently CRZ is limited to Cata and back. Connected realms should be Panda land. Currently you can't raid ToT with CRZ\RealID. You will be able to with connectd Realms.

    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Me too, I think the initial announcement was in reaction to GC saying that some super duper secret feature, that every one would love was coming with 5.4 then they gave us that blog with like 4 neat things to make every one happy. I think VRs were tossed on the list even though they knew they would not be 100% ready for 5.4.
    .

    I'd like to see where Ghostcrawler said "everyone will love it" Because he explicitly said some people would be "WOW", others would be "meh". As usual, the community goes nuts with something he says generically and when a section of the playerbase doesn't get what they were hoping for, it was a failed Promise!
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-08-05 at 11:24 PM.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post
    People always seem to find a way to twist the words... The post says:

    "In Patch 5.4, we’re looking to address this with a new feature called Connected Realms."

    That plainly states it will be in the 5.4 timeframe. They are saying after 5.4 drops because they aren't going to switch it on the day of the patch (imagine fighting patch bugs plus Connected Realms bugs at the same time). I think most people agree it would be wiser to connect realms slowly than to try to throw them all together at the same time the same day as a patch. I'm sure they have "a clue" as to when it happen, they just don't ever give dates anymore because people skewer them if they're even a day late for the most minor change.
    They say a lot of things, I didnt twist anything around. I was refering to this comment

    Q. When will Connected Realms be available?
    A. We haven’t yet determined when we’ll be creating the first Connected Realms, but we expect it will be some time after the launch of Patch 5.4.
    That plainly says they don't know When it will go live, but expect it to go live in 5.4. So there is still a strong possibility it won't make it in 5.4. It certainly won't be in apon launch. Like I said, they never give details until they are absolutely certain of when its going live.At this point in time, they know that it will, but they don't know when. When they know when it will be live, we will have All of the details finally. Such as which realms, mail concerns, and other issues.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    They actually have not said mail, explicitly. I would hope so and it'd make sense, but they haven't said that.
    How exactly will the Auction House work if the mail system didn't either? They have said that the servers will essentially be the one and the same with the difference that naming issues won't be had and those fond of their old realm won't have to see it go. Everything points to the fact that the mail will work as well. If it didn't, they would have said so, especially considering you can be in the same guild across the connected servers, would kind of suck if you couldn't take part of the guild bank or give each other items, no?

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitchensink View Post
    If anyone is even thinking it's only going to be 2 realms linked, think again. Assume it'll be 5 realms plus >.<
    Our faction has one raid guild. Our server has three.

    On a typical night, we have between 30-80 level 90s logged in.

    By ALL MEANS merge us with 5 other realms. Hell, don't stop there- merge us with like 20 realms like that.



    Think possible cost cutting measures so they don't have to pay for running all those servers
    Servers haven't been physically distinct things forever. Ursin is just Pandaria, Stormwind, and Org, and that's it. Cost cutting. Jesus The Christ man, we are FUCKED right now. We need this so bad.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    so whats the difference between virtual realms, connected realms, and cross realms @.@

    Virtual realm IS connected realm.

    Cross Realm is the thing where many things are dynamically linked, but not economically, only in underpopulated areas.


    Ex: Right now, an Ursinite can wander out of Stormwind and be surrounded by Sargeras players, as well as players from nearly a dozen other realms (some of them monohorde, so you might not see them dueling outside of SW). This is an example of cross realm. It will not go away and probably not be changed at all.

    But, back in Stormwind, there's no one around. If you aren't raiding with Bloodbath and Beyond, you aren't raiding at all- and we have been spamming for people for months now. Finding heroic raiders on a server with a few dozen accounts is absurd. When realms are connected, suddenly a lot of the Ursins will be merged permanently as if to be a larger servers. All the Ursins combined don't make up one Sargeras, so they'll probably have to merge some middle pop realms as well, depending. Note that we will probably never be connected to Sargeras- it's too big. But we'll still CRZ with them.

  18. #58
    Stood in the Fire tidus4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    C'thuns Stomach
    Posts
    395
    A lot of what people are calling "fact" is in fact speculation. People are reading between the lines and it may not be specifically what Blizzard is doing.

    For example, how do we know they aren't putting an Instance portal into SW or Org which will take us to an identical world with connected realms? Why is it definite fact that it's always on? We don't know these things. Today's blog post was too ambiguous for people to deduce definite facts out of it, besides they still have it planned - it might not even be in 5.4

    It's been deduced that they haven't said anything about mail. It's assumed that mail will be included, but we don't know that. What if we get a limitation that we can mail people on connected realms, but we can't mail our own toons?
    "This is my story,
    It'll go the way I want,
    Or I'll end it here!" - Tidus (FFX)

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    A lot of what people are calling "fact" is in fact speculation. People are reading between the lines and it may not be specifically what Blizzard is doing.

    For example, how do we know they aren't putting an Instance portal into SW or Org which will take us to an identical world with connected realms? Why is it definite fact that it's always on? We don't know these things. Today's blog post was too ambiguous for people to deduce definite facts out of it, besides they still have it planned - it might not even be in 5.4

    It's been deduced that they haven't said anything about mail. It's assumed that mail will be included, but we don't know that. What if we get a limitation that we can mail people on connected realms, but we can't mail our own toons?
    You're reaching super SUPER hard for negativity in a very simple concept that was explained as thoroughly as it needed to be at this point.

    "These linked realms will behave as if they were one cohesive realm, meaning you’ll be able to join the same guilds and Arena teams, access a single Auction House, run the same Raids and Dungeons, and join other adventurers to complete quests."

    That's all that's really needed. No, we won't be porting between different realms, because that's not "behaving as one cohesive realm".

    Stop reaching so fucking hard for things to complain about.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    "there should be no limitations. We want the experience to be seamless, and we expect it work as if you’re suddenly part of a much more active realm."
    Perhaps you should look up the meaning of "should". There still is no explicit answer that mail will work, and I dare you to try to send some items on the PTR to people from another PTR realm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    How exactly will the Auction House work if the mail system didn't either?
    The AH works completely different, as you do not directly send mails to another realm, but the server does. So there is no adressing issue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •