Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I'm curious as to how Realm Firsts will work. I wonder if it will be realm, or virtual realm firsts

That blue post says it wont be until AFTER 5.4... did i read that right? Ive been waiting for this and now its not in the patch, at launch, it seems.

Q. When will Connected Realms be available?
    A. We haven’t yet determined when we’ll be creating the first Connected Realms, but we expect it will be some time after the launch of Patch 5.4.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kitchensink View Post
    Not forgetting the god awful fail that is CRZ will still be present even after this feature is introduced, the so called blog post didn't really tell us anything that we didn't know already and was nothing more than a load of PR double talk and bullshit. Soon it'll be welcome to ( insert capital city faction ) lagfest and 10fps -.-

If anyone is even thinking it's only going to be 2 realms linked, think again. Assume it'll be 5 realms plus >.<

Think possible cost cutting measures so they don't have to pay for running all those servers
    You need to get a computer from this century.

Step One: Complain servers are under-populated, the community is dead and Blizzard should merge servers.

Reaction: Blizzard essentially announces there will be a form of server merging apart from doing it better in that people will retain their names etc.

Step Two: Complain servers and cities will be over-populated and chat will be spammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Step One: Complain servers are under-populated, the community is dead and Blizzard should merge servers.

Reaction: Blizzard essentially announces there will be a form of server merging apart from doing it better in that people will retain their names etc.

Step Two: Complain servers and cities will be over-populated and chat will be spammed.

yeah imagine people complaining their 9 year old mmorpg is overpopulated ...

btw CRZ kicks in if a zone becomes too crowed, it works both ways.

Patch 5.4 is a milestone for WoW realm play and for raiding (adaptable for ANY number) and for proving grounds to learn your new class and for boosts to level and for .... complete free play on the new Isle and for ....you get the picture...

best patch ever. just bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    That blue post says it wont be until AFTER 5.4... did i read that right? Ive been waiting for this and now its not in the patch, at launch, it seems.
    The tech to enable this will be rolled out in 5.4 patch - the actually roll-out (connecting dots between servers) will be done during 5.4 lifecycle.

VRM system is going to be great. It'll save some servers and bring them into a big system. Join same guilds, same AH, same arena teams and much more.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

Odds are they probably want to iron out all the problems that will come up with a typical patch release. Little bugs and things that will eventually pop up like this. Once all of that settles down, and from my experience that is about a week or two, they will likely want to start trying to zip servers together. Just makes sense so you can be more certain what is causing certain problems rather then just everyone stomping there feet crying either about patch problems or merging problems and blaming all the issues in the world on whichever they dislike the most.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterAsc View Post
    I'm curious as to how Realm Firsts will work. I wonder if it will be realm, or virtual realm firsts
    It will still be your "home" realm

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    It will still be your "home" realm
    Won't work really as you can form guilds and raids across realm boundaries, so I suppose the only way to deal with that are "virtual realm first kills" or drop those altogether.

Sending mail is the more interesting topic here since you may have name collisions over a virtual realm - quite some scamming potential there.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    A lot of what people are calling "fact" is in fact speculation. People are reading between the lines and it may not be specifically what Blizzard is doing.

For example, how do we know they aren't putting an Instance portal into SW or Org which will take us to an identical world with connected realms? Why is it definite fact that it's always on? We don't know these things. Today's blog post was too ambiguous for people to deduce definite facts out of it, besides they still have it planned - it might not even be in 5.4

It's been deduced that they haven't said anything about mail. It's assumed that mail will be included, but we don't know that. What if we get a limitation that we can mail people on connected realms, but we can't mail our own toons?
    "Building on our existing cross-realm technology, a Connected Realm is a set of two or more standard realms that have been permanently and seamless “linked.” These linked realms will behave as if they were one cohesive realm, meaning you’ll be able to join the same guilds and Arena teams, access a single Auction House, run the same Raids and Dungeons, and join other adventurers to complete quests."

They will behave as if they the one and the same realm, which means mail, auction house, trading, grouping, raiding, pvp'ing, everything will work in-between. When server A, B and C are connected, it will basically be one realm instead of three. What's so hard to understand about this?

No it might not be in for the 5.4's release, but they will try to implement it as soon as possible after its release as this is something people have really, really, really been asking for, for years.

Quote Originally Posted by lloewe View Post
    Won't work really as you can form guilds and raids across realm boundaries, so I suppose the only way to deal with that are "virtual realm first kills" or drop those altogether.
    Should this be a success, there is the possibility for the idea of Battlegroups as they were in TBC, to be reformed. There was Ghostlands Hellfire Sporregar Terrokkar Auchindoun and another couple I think - all dead realms apart from Auchindoun since day 1. Maybe some form of identity there will be restored - it'd be an easy thing to do should it be required as the framework is already present. That is if they start linking large numbers of realms.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

Okay guys it's live on the 5.4 PTR so I'm going to try to clear up some questions here.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    How do I mail to players from another realm? How can I invite them to my guild? What servers will be joined? Does it mean we can use BoA items across several servers? Will CRZ be disabled? How will "Realm first" achievments work? Will custom chat channels work across several servers? Can we have 50 chars on one virtual server?
    1) For mailing a player from a connected realm you put in the toon name , then a dash "-" and a popup menu comes up. You then either press tab or select the server you want it to go to. EG I type in "Bluspacecow" then dash and I see a little menu with "Bluspacecow-Anasterian(US)" and "Bluspacecow-Brill(EU)".

You must select either one from that menu or the mail won't go through. This system is used anytime you need to put a toons name in (eg whispers, sending mail , /who , /target , /invite , /ginvite etc etc)

2) See # 1 but with /ginvite . IE /ginvite nameoftoon - [select name and server combo for the server toon is on]

3) Don't know but on the PTR only 4/6 PTR servers are linked. Going alphabetically.

4) pic.twitter.com/oyBHtunagF 'nuff said

5) Don't know about CRZ. There are two servers on the PTR that are still CRZ'd .

6) Don't know about realm firsts , custom chat channels or toon limits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    my biggest questions is this if the realms are connected does that mean I could transfer Heirlooms over to the connected realm?
    Cause my current Realm list is Full of 90's and I really want to level new characters.Has there been any confirmation on this if not I might have to skip on over to the forums.
    From the 5.4 PTR :

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    so whats the difference between virtual realms, connected realms, and cross realms @.@
    First two are different names for connected realms.

The main difference I see is if your realm is connected with another the game may not copy you into a CRZ zone. So there is no phasing moving between CRZ or non/CRZ to CRZ zones.

So for example if your chasing a rare elite and cross over what used to be a CRZ boundary with a connected realm system the game will not phase you out so hence you won't lose your rare elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    How exactly will the Auction House work if the mail system didn't either?
    When you search for items on the AH and mouse over the name it has the name + server the seller is on. When you get the mail from the AH it has the sellers name on it in name - realm format.

Here's some screenshots from the 5.4 PTR :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0h7zig7p3ppoaw5/vHKJbcQuUr
    Last edited by bluspacecow; 2013-08-06 at 09:39 AM.

I really look forward to that whole thing but how will that solve the major faction imbalances... if at all? They already said that they won't mix PvE/PvP/RP and i think it's rather unlikely that they'll end up mixing different languages.

So i just summed up the total amount of my relevant realms (numbers from wowprogress, mind you they updated them recently and only show t15 progression):

PvP it's Horde 62.466 to Alliiance 28.590 or factor 2.2 difference.
    PvE it's Horde 35.764 to Alliance 66.596 or factor 1.9 difference.
    RP it's Horde 5.724 to Alliance 12.753 or factor 2.2 difference.

Our goal is to create a vibrant and fun online experience where you can join guilds, access an active Auction House, and band together to take on group content.
    I really miss the 'World of Warcraft' thing in that quote. While filling the auction house is great if you don't have anyone to fight and win 99/100 Wintergrasp & Tol Barad (and new equivalents which will hopefully come back some day) it remains boring.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    I really look forward to that whole thing but how will that solve the major faction imbalances... if at all?
    They'll do what they can. Unless the players are evenly split between Horde/Alliance on same-type realms, just on different same-type realms, it can never be perfectly matched.

The point is it'll be better.
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    Okay guys it's live on the 5.4 PTR so I'm going to try to clear up some questions here.
    Thank you, that helped a lot.