Completed the whole thing on first try Used different set ups from the OP apart from the Micro sentry/raptor set up.
Wasn't as bad as I had thought it was gonna be
Thanks for the write-up. I have not completed the tournament yet, this will help.
I do have a strategy I like for Chi-chi. I use the Rot ability, turning it into Undead, then bring out rats for Stampede. Chi-chi's quills do less damage to critters, and the (enhanced) damage you do gets excessive quickly. I used this strategy because I have like 7 or 8 high-level stampeding rodents, but it worked.
Just finished it myself. Was expecting a bit more of a challenge TBH.
The water spirit/chromius combo works like a charm. Didn't really need an extra ascension or doom.
Still RNG can probably screw you over eventually, but all in all much smoother than I expected so I might even do it every week.
I only have about 30 level 25 pets, all of them pets that look good or are rare/ish like the dungeon ones. Never really leveled pets with strategy in mind.
The hardest part was getting over my fear of starting it
I thought it was challenging at least :P I've been experimenting with different tactics for different bosses seeing what works good etc and i really enjoyed it :P
Loved this scenario. My heart was racing, but I got it done first try. Only had problems with chi-chi, turned out rodents were the key, try a bunny on that bird.
The green dragon reward can't fly
I don't understand why Blizzard has so much difficulty giving pets that should obviously fly, the ability to fly. I mean seriously what is the problem. The summer event wisp can fly, yet the identical blue wisp you catch in hyjal can't fly.
if you really care about your "Guide" syou should also add stage 1....
To all the people who keep complaining, pointing out or just saying that the tournament is easy or not as challenging as expected. Remember a few things:
1. Most of you have either seen mine or someone else's guide which already gives you a slight if not significant idea of what's going on and how to beat it.
2. Some of the pets were nerfed during the PTR patch cycle. For example: Yu'la's Life Exchange was changed to Lift-Off which made the fight a complete faceroll as the only thing that makes these pets OP is their ability to heal. Xu-Fu's Feed ability was made to have 4 rounds CD ( on my first fight versus him he did 2 Feeds in a row ). Chi-Chi's ability order was changed which also made it easier.
3. I spent 20 hours because all of my attempts were late at night and I usually had to get up early in the morning so most of the times I had to get off after defeating one or two of the pets. So each night I spent 2 hours trying to figure out how to beat some of the pets and then when finally I managed to beat one I had to go.
4. There was no information on the boss pet's abilities. When I first saw Zao heal 1300 with a 2 turn ability I was shocked. Not to mention the fact he one-shot my first pet with Charge.
5. Not to mention that the pet which gave me the most trouble was Chi-Chi and that's because even with its counter pet - Spectral Porcupette - it was still an insane fight. No CD on Tranquility made it impossible to predict when it will use Quills and thus impossible to time my Spectral Spikes. ( After it's ability order was changed it was pretty easy to define it. )
I DO agree that the tournament is easy. After having done it over 10 times now, it takes me less than 20 minutes to finish it. And if I use the bugged legendary pets I can solo it with just 1 pet and in less than 5 min. But please, consider the fact you've been prapared for it. And some weren't. ( BTW. If you wonder which would win out of the 5 new legendary boss pets in a 1v1 fight - Lil' Oondasta, Chi-Chi, Xu-Fu, Zao, Yu'la - here is your answer. Chi-Chi. The strongest pet ever ( legendary one ). A friend of mine was lucky and had 3x Lil' Oondastas and he challenged my Chi-Chi. My Chi-Chi soloed 2 of them. The third one was taken down by my Zao and no, my Chi-Chi did not die.
Bugged pets FTW.
Sorry for my ignorance, but what do you mean by "the bugged legendary pets" ? I have a few level 25 pets and by no means good at pet battles in PVP just curious what you mean by that, cheers
Add this to my list of things to do.
I only have gotten 4 pets to 25, so I have some work ahead of me!
i7-5820K@4GHz | ASUS X99-Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Steelseries Sensei RAW | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS
I also have the Beasts of Fable pets ( not all ) and Doopy ( legendary penguin pet located in Northrend added in 5.2 ). A friend of mine has C-39 Annihilator. A mechanical pet with the same model as that of the Sky Golem mount. The pet is legendary boss elite which means it will be added as a pet fight soon. Most probably in 5.5
I also have 3 copies of a green quality pet named Xelnath that has 126 000 health that deals 20 damage per attack ( with 260 power ).
I'm struggling on the tamers. I'm matching up the pets to counter, but some of them are still getting stomped. lol.
http://www.youtube.com/user/kclovesgaming <---- My Youtube Channel.
Found this guide useful for most of the pets, except Yu'la since I don't have any Dandelion Frolickers and I haven't leveled my Bonkers yet.
For Yu'la, I used Anubisath Idol (Crush, Stoneskin, Deflection), Feral Vermling (Crush, Poison Lash, Backflip) and Harbinger of Flame (Jab, Immolate, Impale)
I used Crush, Stoneskin, then Deflection on the first three turns, and then keep using Crush until your Stoneskin wears off, re-apply Stoneskin, Deflect, and Crush until you die.
Then my Vermling just used Crush until Emerald Presence wore off, Backflip interrupted Yu'la's attempt to re-apply it, then another Crush finished her off.
Found this strat on youtube, slightly modified the move order for efficiency.
Saves you a couple of pets incase you may not have a huge variety of level 25's
Finished this yesterday without needing to back out of it. I was expecting it to be harder honestly, but I one shot all the bosses except for Xu-Fu. My kill of him was pure luck, because I had no decoy/evade mechs but his feed missed so he never healed. Got my cute little Xuen pet this week
And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.
The only reason i got the dragon celestial was because it was dragon and therefor could follow me on my cloud serpent mount....it even uses the move fly >.<