Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Christ he said sorry and obviously made a mistake no need to be a nob and act so condescending
    I have no idea what a nob is nor what "acting condescending" is but I actually laughed hard when I saw his second post. Yes, he said sorry but then it turns out he didn't read once again. First post he is talking about the Wrathion quest and second about the other legendary quest - the Emperor's War I think. It's funny and /facepalm -_-

I heard someone suggest Chrominius+Pandaren Water Spirit combo to beat the bosses, Ive only tried to so far on the fabel bosses and they all pretty much die one-shoot in a total of 5 turns needed (1 round the target is stunned)

Start with Pandaren Water Spirit
    Round one Geyser
    Round two Whirlpool
    Round three swap to Chrominius
    Round four Howl (100% damage for 2 turns on target), Geyser will explode for 2x damage and stun the target, Whirlpool will explode for 2x damage and root the target
    Round five Surge of power for 2x damage

3 total hits each hopefully capping out the 33% maximum damage. If boss is not yet dead you can change it so you do a bite then Surge of power or just finish of the boss with any 3rd pet

Went on the ptr, I copied my char with one Pandaren Water Spirit and one Chrominius three times and learnt them all so I had 3/3 of both of them on PTR and was able to kill chi-chi first try in 5 rounds and zao in 6 rounds. He had more health so I did a bite and then Surge of power, He was stunned during the bite round so he was unable to cast wish. He did get the cast off on the next round but it did not matter
    Last edited by Axelond; 2013-08-10 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    I heard someone suggest Chrominius+Pandaren Water Spirit combo to beat the bosses, Ive only tried to so far on the fabel bosses and they all pretty much die one-shoot in a total of 5 turns needed (1 round the target is stunned)

Start with Pandaren Water Spirit
    Round one Geyser
    Round two Whirlpool
    Round three swap to Chrominius
    Round four Howl (100% damage for 2 turns on target), Geyser will explode for 2x damage and stun the target, Whirlpool will explode for 2x damage and root the target
    Round five Surge of power for 2x damage

3 total hits each hopefully capping out the 33% maximum damage. If boss is not yet dead you can change it so you do a bite then Surge of power or just finish of the boss with any 3rd pet

Went on the ptr, I copied my char with one Pandaren Water Spirit and one Chrominius three times and learnt them all so I had 3/3 of both of them on PTR and was able to kill chi-chi first try in 5 rounds and zao in 6 rounds. He had more health so I did a bite and then Surge of power, He was stunned during the bite round so he was unable to cast wish. He did get the cast off on the next round but it did not matter
    I tested the Hunting Party + Black Claw ( + Call Lightning + Build Turret/Fel Immolate if needed ) on Lil' Oondasta and a few BoF pets. Worked great. I'm planning to try the strategy above this wednesday when my Celestial Tournament resets.

- - - Updated - - -

Lil' Oondasta totally destroyed the Geyser + Whirlpool + Howl combo....1. Chrominius has a lot of HP and Oondasta always pulls him out with her opener ability and if I switch to the Water Elemental...bam. I was using Curse of Doom > Geyser > Whirlpool > Howl combo just fyi. I started with Curse of Doom. Oony one shot my Crawling Claw and switched me to Chrominius. After that it one shot him with Crush... Second attempt. Changed Chrominius with Zandalari Anklebiter for the Hunting Party 100% bonus damage debuff. Curse of Doom > Crawling Claw dead > Water Elemental on > Geyser > Whirlpool > Water Pandaren Elemental dies > Zandalari Anklebiter on > Hunting Party deals a small amount of damage and applies 100% bonus damage debuff to Oondasta > Curse of Doom, Geyser and Whirlpool all hit for 100% bonus damage and Oondasta survived with 100 hp and my raptor is already dead.

Any certain pet team combos that you want me to try for you versus any of the celestial pets or Lil' Oondasta?

Deleted
    what pet family is he? have you tried an Anub Idol with deflect, Sandstorm, crush or demolish if hes a beast?
    Edit: This should work http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9499701247

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Christ he said sorry and obviously made a mistake no need to be a nob and act so condescending
    Yes he said sorry and then made a even BIGGER *FACEPALM*....
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2013-08-12 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    what pet family is he? have you tried an Anub Idol with deflect, Sandstorm, crush or demolish if hes a beast?
    Edit: This should work http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9499701247

Yes he said sorry and then made a even BIGGER *FACEPALM*....
    He is a beast yeah. Idk. I dislike Anubisath Idol so I prefer not to use it. Sandstorm and Demolish...it's gonna backfire. You can try.

Hey author, great guide, thanks )

As for Niuzao, did you try this against him:
    get Children's Week pig with Uncanny Luck, or one of the murloc pets with Lucky Dance.
    Time it, so that he will do Wish on the next turn after your Lucky Dance, and in that turn, switch to Anodized Robo-cub. Then do Supercharge and then... DEMOLISH him to pieces.

Niuzao is a beast, so this should work exceptionally well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post

get Children's Week pig with Uncanny Luck, or one of the murloc pets with Lucky Dance.
    Time it, so that he will do Wish on the next turn after your Lucky Dance, and in that turn, switch to Anodized Robo-cub. Then do Supercharge and then... DEMOLISH him to pieces.

The tournament pets all have a copy of the Magic-type "racial" - they can't be dealt more than 35% of their HP in a single hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The tournament pets all have a copy of the Magic-type "racial" - they can't be dealt more than 35% of their HP in a single hit.
    Ye. Was about to say this. You need either consistent strong attacks or one of the 2 available multi-attack stacking combos.

Great guide! I've been peeling off extras here and there, but I won't with the boost to 1000 max pets and seeing how you duplicated pets a couple of times!

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Ok then, simply 3xDemolish without supercharge. Lucky buff will last for 3 turns after the switch, so it should still be enough.

Ok then, simply 3xDemolish without supercharge. Lucky buff will last for 3 turns after the switch, so it should still be enough.
    I like the idea of lucky dance + ram but bosses also take 50% reduced damage. However 3 rams, even if crits ( if they hit in the first place ), won't be enough. Also switching pets is a terrible idea. He 2-3 shots most pets with his Trample and nearly one shots pets with his Charge.

- - - Updated - - -

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT Just got [Celestial Family] along with the last of the four pets - Chi-Chi, Hatchling of Chi-Ji :P

Nice guide, but I can't imagine doing all of that on the PTR and then having to go through all those frustrating battles again on live. That sounds horrible. =)

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Nice guide, but I can't imagine doing all of that on the PTR and then having to go through all those frustrating battles again on live. That sounds horrible. =)
    Hehe, I actually collected almost all the wild pets in MoP beta, I had so much fun, I was worried I'd be a bit *meh* having to do it all over again, but nope, it was still alot of fun

Though I tend to stay away from PTR. Cannot wait to get my hands on these little beauties!

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Thanks. Well. I've already done the tournament 2 times and I must say that the second time was a child's play. Knowing which pets I need for which fight...so easy xD But truth be told. I'm no longer going back to live. PTR is going to be my home till next expansion beta opens :P

15+ Year Old Account
    What is the reward for actually betting the celestial pets? I mean I thought the tournament was against teams of legendary quality pets, at least it was last time I tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    What is the reward for actually betting the celestial pets? I mean I thought the tournament was against teams of legendary quality pets, at least it was last time I tried it.
    For info on the rewards read the comments.

I don't recall anyone saying the pets aren't legendary quality. There are 2 types of legendary pets in the tournament. Aki the Chosen style of 3x legendary pets team and Beasts of Fable style solo legendary boss elite pets that have -50% damage taken and cannot be done damage higher than 35% of their health in one attack.

- - - Updated - - -

I really need some help to keep the thread alive for just a little bit longer :/

One more week till I gather another 3 Celestial Coins and I already have all the 4 pets.... I feel kind of disappointed. With all the rare pets I have on the PTR I don't even know if I'll need the marked flawless battle-stone for something other than upgrading the useless unremoveable uncommon quality pets I have...
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2013-08-16 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    One more week till I gather another 3 Celestial Coins and I already have all the 4 pets.... I feel kind of disappointed. With all the rare pets I have on the PTR I don't even know if I'll need the marked flawless battle-stone for something other than upgrading the useless unremoveable uncommon quality pets I have...

- - - Updated - - -

Bump.
    /10 char

Trying to keep the thread alive by bumping and posting random stuff not really anything to do with the topic, isn't a great idea, pretty sure mods frown upon bumping.

I'm sure those that found the helpful info here will have bookmarked and will find their way here again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Trying to keep the thread alive by bumping and posting random stuff not really anything to do with the topic, isn't a great idea, pretty sure mods frown upon bumping.

I'm sure those that found the helpful info here will have bookmarked and will find their way here again.
    There are still many people who could/want/need to but haven't seen this thread. I have to keep it up until 5.4 comes out. It's then when people will start searching. And this really isn't unrelated stuff. I'm letting people keep track of my progress after having completed the thing ^^