Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hearthstone is amazing. No-one should ever insult it.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    I will still be sticking to yu-gi-oh WoW TCG is too complicated for me plus I don't like some of the rules/gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    I will still be sticking to yu-gi-oh WoW TCG is too complicated for me plus I don't like some of the rules/gameplay.
    As far as I'm aware (I haven't played the physical WoW TCG) Hearthstone is very different to the WoW TCG. And it is very easy to get into even for someone not used to playing card games. You should deffo give it a try

My team which I beat it with, may not be the most optional, but I am sure people would like to know you can win this with a different setup:
    Taran-zhu:
    Unborn Val'kyr
    Giant Bone Spider
    Ghostly Skull
    Chen:
    Anodized Robo-cub
    Zandalari Anklerender
    Muckbreath
    Wrathion:
    Red Cricket
    Flayer Youngling
    Qiraji Guardling

Zao:
    Sunreaver Micro-Sentry
    Clockwork Gnome
    Darkmoon Tonk
    Xu-fu:
    Darkmoon Tonk
    Personal World Destroyer
    Darkmoon Zeppelin
    Yu'la:
    Anubisath Idol
    Hopling
    Chrominus
    Chi-Chi:
    Ghostly Skull
    Nexus Whelpling
    Emerald Proto-Whelp

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    If they don't want people saying it's not just a shallow version of Magic the Gathering, then maybe they shouldn't have made it a shallow rip off of Magic the Gathering...?

If YOU have fun with it and everything, that's cool, go for it. Also to reply to the other guy- it's free and everything, sure. But that doesn't mean it's devoid of critique.

I have nothing outwardly wrong with it, especially because I'm never going to play it or anything, but I'd have much preferred it if it were more original in design and not just Magic the Gathering's version of Looking for Raid.

I never played the WoW TCG, and I highly doubt I'll ever get back into them again (since more or less all of them turn out to end up horribly balanced with lots of pre-conceived decks that are broken and stupid that everyone runs because this is the age of 'just look up what the best cookie cutter is on the internet'.) but a Warcraft cardgame that I didn't have to pay money for and try to find people irl who also play it could have caught my attention it was more original.

Though as a whole I think card games work better when you're younger and no one has any concept of "bullshit meta build" or buying specific cards off of the internet or any of that, and it's more about just wandering around playing against people who build their decks the way you did: just buying card packs and trading and collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    As far as I'm aware (I haven't played the physical WoW TCG) Hearthstone is very different to the WoW TCG. And it is very easy to get into even for someone not used to playing card games. You should deffo give it a try
    I AM used to TCGs. I've been playing yu-gi-oh for so long now. I've seen videos of both WoW TCG and Hearthstone and I just don't like the way cards work. Still an awesome idea to make it, would be even more awesome if it was implemented into WoW ( Then I'd certainly try it. )

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    If they don't want people saying it's not just a shallow version of Magic the Gathering, then maybe they shouldn't have made it a shallow rip off of Magic the Gathering...?

I never played the WoW TCG, and I highly doubt I'll ever get back into them again

1. How is it a rip off of MTG ? It's something similiar to me saying "My name is John and nobody else can be named John anymore."

MTG isn't the only card game out there. It isn't even the first! There are MANY MANY MORE card games out there and that is a GENRE of games. Not a name of 1 single game. Just because it is categorized in the same genre doesn't make it a rip off.

2. Also WoW TCG is based on the game's lore and WoW's lore is based on Warcraft's lore so a Warcraft TCG would be the exact same as WoW TCG.

3. In order to return to something you need to visit it first. If you have never played it you cannot "return" to it. ( Though you shouldn't be commenting it either but whatever )

Anyway, if you want to continue this arguement, make your own thread. This is my thread about WoW Pet Battles.

I understand MTG isn't the only/the first card game, but that doesn't magically just mean "Oh, Hearthstone isn't ripping it off!"

Take three minutes to look at Magic the Gathering and compare it to Hearthstone. They're very similar in playstyle and design. If Hearthstone was a rip-off of Yu-gi-oh, I'd call it a shallow rip-off of Yu-gi-oh. Or if it was a rip-off of the Pokemon TCG, I'd call it that. I'm not saying it ripped off Magic the Gathering just because it's a card game.

Also, when I said "Warcraft TCG", that's what I meant. A WoW trading card game like Hearthstone that is played over the internet and not in real life.

Also also, when I said "I doubt I'll ever play them again", by "them" I referred to Cardgames in general, not the Warcraft TCG.

Also also also, I understand I'm a bit off topic but I was only responding to some other people. At any rate, it's not like a bit of slightly off topic discussion does anything to negatively impact a thread outside of "baww dis is of topic derail :^(".

Wasn't inferring you weren't used to card games. Was just mentioning as a general observation and from the view of myself, being I am not a TCG player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    The UI team handles Pet Battles, and a lot of people enjoy them.

You two aren't the majority.

Thanks for voicing your opinions, though.

On topic: I should get around to leveling my pets. I've been a lazy PoS since Mists started.

This tournament sounds awesome though.
    You "one" aren't the majority either.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    You "one" aren't the majority either.
    He might not be the majority by himself, but I DO think the majority of players either favor or have no opinion on Pet Battles as opposed to those who hate them.

Deleted
    I just did the tournament!!! Finally, on my first try today, but with like 40 pets dead...
    So heres my setup for celestial pets since the tamers are easy

Xuen - Darkmoon zepelin ( for explode and decoy ) and Darkmoon tonk for high dmg , i killed it with those 2 , get in another mechanical if you have problems

Zao - Pandaren water spirit use Geyser and whirlpool then swap to zandalari anklerender and use black claw then hunting party - this one also died with 2 pets, get another zandalari in if you have problems

Yu'la - After like 9 teams wipped off by this pet I soloed it with Clock'em - dodge lines up with lift off , and jab does all the dmg needed . Get some humanoids in if you have problems , maybe anubisath

Chi-Chi - I had most problems on this, like 5 teams wipped off by her... but a post here helped a lot to use criters , I started with Nexus Whelpling for Wild magic , make sure you apply it before you die so the criterrs have it. You can use any critter pet you have with stampede take the ones with most attack.

Good luck
    Last edited by mmocc33b2fc726; 2013-09-14 at 02:16 PM.

Deleted
    I'm having trouble entering the tournament. The quest NPC, Master Li or whatever his name was, won't let me queue for it. The only option I get is accessing the shop and asking him what I need to enter the tournament. He tells me I need 15 level 25 pets, while I've got 18 already. Do bought pets not count or something?

Quote Originally Posted by DatCorpse View Post
    I'm having trouble entering the tournament. The quest NPC, Master Li or whatever his name was, won't let me queue for it. The only option I get is accessing the shop and asking him what I need to enter the tournament. He tells me I need 15 level 25 pets, while I've got 18 already. Do bought pets not count or something?
    Well that's weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatCorpse View Post
    If you bought them at 25, I doubt they count. If you bought them at a lower level and actually hit 25 on your own, they should count
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    If you bought them at 25, I doubt they count. If you bought them at a lower level and actually hit 25 on your own, they should count
    I see, guess it's back to leveling some more pets then. Thanks anyway ^^

No. Think about it. It's not logical. All the pets I have on PTR ( except for my Xu-Fu ) were given to me at level 25. I leveled neither of them and I was able to enter the tournament. That cannot be it. Plus it's very doubtful Blizzard would do something like that without noting it in the patch notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Think about it. It's not logical. All the pets I have on PTR ( except for my Xu-Fu ) were given to me at level 25. I leveled neither of them and I was able to enter the tournament. That cannot be it. Plus it's very doubtful Blizzard would do something like that without noting it in the patch notes.
    It's the only explaination I can think of.

Maybe you were able to enter the tournament on the PTR since the game tracks how many pets you have leveled up, and that statistics followed your char to the PTR? IDK, but in my head it sounds reasonable.

Either that or it's just bugged and will get fixed later on.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I finally beat this shit after about 4+ hours amgerd.
    Last edited by Orcindauh; 2013-09-14 at 04:24 PM.

It's the only explaination I can think of.

Maybe you were able to enter the tournament on the PTR since the game tracks how many pets you have leveled up, and that statistics followed your char to the PTR? IDK, but in my head it sounds reasonable.

Either that or it's just bugged and will get fixed later on.
    On the PTR your pets aren't transfered. PTR pets that are given to players for testing purposes do not count since I don't have the achievement for leveling 10 ( or 15 not sure ) pets to level 25. And no I don't have it on my live account since it hasn't been used since WotLK times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    I finally beat this shit after about 4+ hours amgerd.
    Grats mate ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    On the PTR your pets aren't transfered. PTR pets that are given to players for testing purposes do not count since I don't have the achievement for leveling 10 ( or 15 not sure ) pets to level 25. And no I don't have it on my live account since it hasn't been used since WotLK times.
    ^
    Ait. Guess it's bugged then
    Cave Cave Deus Videt