Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    dfjdfgkgfkhjl
    ehh.. what?
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    ehh.. what?
    oh shit D: I forgot to delete it :/

Deleted
    After screwing around in the tournament I found somewhat funny strategy for Yu'la: I used 3 lvl 22 Shrine Flies, rare/uncommon/poor quality and dotted her up with Glowing toxin (6% hp/per round) while scratching / cocoon striking... She fell over when the last fly had around 1k hp left.. very amusing to see

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuyek View Post
    After screwing around in the tournament I found somewhat funny strategy for Yu'la: I used 3 lvl 22 Shrine Flies, rare/uncommon/poor quality and dotted her up with Glowing toxin (6% hp/per round) while scratching / cocoon striking... She fell over when the last fly had around 1k hp left.. very amusing to see
    WOW....

thats how i beat her.
    all my level 25 pets where dead (all 45), so i went with a bunch of level 22-23 critters with dots and swarm. i still dont believe it worked

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Haha

Well the 6% of hp DoT doesn't scale with level and doesn't get reduced by the boss buff so that's why it worked. % of HP damage cannot be modified ( atleast last time I checked )

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the 6% of hp DoT doesn't scale with level and doesn't get reduced by the boss buff so that's why it worked. % of HP damage cannot be modified ( atleast last time I checked )
    I think that is also the reason Explode works so well. I think it goes through the pet's buff as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's so hard i need some good mech pets

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chuyek View Post

Lol going to try this!
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    I finally beat this shit after about 4+ hours amgerd.
    gratz on beating them. I got it after 5 days. prior to that I just leveled pets i liked till i got 30 to 25. after getting my ass handed to me I had to level up 7 additional pets.

beat crane with unborn valk, pandaren water spirit, chrominius,
    ox with just the water spirit, chrominus
    tiger darkmoon tonk, menagerie custodian, clockwork gnome
    dragon anubis idol with deflect, hopling with his interupt ability, and darkmoon tonk from tiger

after 5 days of i beat it last night and got the tiger cub pet god damn that fucker is cute and feet and vengeance strike too stronk
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    after 5 days of i beat it last night and got the tiger cub pet god damn that fucker is cute and feet and vengeance strike too stronk
    I'm wondering anyone DIDN'T choose Xu-Fu for the first week? I believe in the third week more people will diverge in their choice, but it seems unanimous that the first choice is the Cub of Xuen.
    Last edited by Buu; 2013-09-16 at 02:09 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    I'm wondering anyone DIDN'T choose Xu-Fu for the first week? I believe in the third week more people will diverge in their choice, but it seems unanimous that the first choice is the Cub of Xuen.
    I finally won the tournament last night, after many hours of experiments and restarts earlier in the week .. and I picked the beautiful Chi-Chi as my prize.

It was a real challenge. But now that I've worked out some effective tactics against the Celestials, next week should be smoother.

Mind you, I guess all of the first round trainers will change up, haha, so I might need to reassess my combos!

I could not resist Zao, Calfling of Niuzao :<

Chi-Chi is cute and has a nice toolkit but leveling it would be a pain if you level it through wild pet battles. Dem wilderness full 'o critters.

I was planning on getting him first for the Crazy Cat Man achievement, but then I noticed that the Guardian Cub (which I had bought of the AH ages ago) counts as a cat, so I already had it.

During the tournament, Chi-chi gave me a hell of a time, and I love his (and Chi-ji's, for that matter, they remind me of Okami) design, so Chi-chi it was. My next choice will probably be Xu-fu, though, since Feed seems like a really nice abillity and I personally don't find Zao and Yu'la's skillsets to be that interesting.

Also, if there's one thing the tournament has taught me, it's that I don't have enough max level mechanicals.
    Last edited by Spa; 2013-09-16 at 07:57 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 0104-0340-7272 ; IGN in Pokemon X: Spa
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Stratholme was harboring Malganis Bin Dreadlord and had hidden weapons of Mass Scourgification.
    The Culling was a justified war.
    Andorhal/25 Never Forget

Deleted
    Level it in vale, plenty of water pets, and you just have to take 1 hit then swap to other flying level 25

Chi-Chi is cute and has a nice toolkit but leveling it would be a pain if you level it through wild pet battles. Dem wilderness full 'o critters.
    I picked Yu'la as my first pet

Quote Originally Posted by pufyanny View Post
    Level it in vale, plenty of water pets, and you just have to take 1 hit then swap to other flying level 25
    You don't even need to take a hit. All you have to do is start with the pet ( so that it has been active for atleast 1 turn ) then switch to your main pet on turn 1.

Deleted
    So. Has anyone mentioned that you can solo Yu'lon with the Lil' Bad Wolf yet? (Claw, Dodge, Howl)

Yep, they have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarend View Post
    So. Has anyone mentioned that you can solo Yu'lon with the Lil' Bad Wolf yet? (Claw, Dodge, Howl)
    Or gregarious grell. Not a very expensive pet at the ah either, at least comparing to ToT raid drop pets Bought mine for 9k and it soloed Yu'la with Punch Phase Shift and Cauterize.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Or gregarious grell. Not a very expensive pet at the ah either, at least comparing to ToT raid drop pets Bought mine for 9k and it soloed Yu'la with Punch Phase Shift and Cauterize.
    Mine wasn't able to solo her -_- What magic is this?

Mine wasn't able to solo her -_- What magic is this?
    Maybe you aren't using your abilities well?

Use phase shift when Yu'la does lift off, when your around half hp use cauterize, punch everywhere else.