Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    For Zao I lead with a moth and immune his first charge and then swap the water spirit in.
    Chi is probably the easiest to fall to the combo since he does his dodge move on the round you swap chro in.
    Zao is by far the easiest of the celestials. I only need 2 pets, tiny twister and crow. It goes something like this: stun, storm, flock, darkness, flock, gusting winds, storm, dead.

Xu-fu is also very easy if you change moonlight to lightning storm and block feed.

Yu'la is very easy with fast humanoids like lil bad wolf, hopling and anubisath idol (block ability goes first).

Chi-chi was the hardest for me, mainly because RNG gods let it attack thrice every time. But, my scooter the snail, celestial dragon, shimmering wyrmling owned it nonetheless.
    Last edited by Reyzzz; 2013-09-19 at 10:37 PM.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alach View Post
    Any advice on beating Wise Mari and Shademaster today?
    I dont have any foolproof tactic for Wise Mari, since that magic dragon fucks everything up. I used gilded moth, 4 alpha strikes killed first pet np, on second pet used block and moth balls on his avoidance->upon death switched to onyxian whelpling with tailsweep and pray he does not avoid tail sweep with dragon bonus, last pet crab.
    I advise buying a mechanical pandaren dragon from engineers just for this tamer :P

Shademaster was abit more easy once i spent 2 hours trying different pets :P
    I used Ghost of lordering/lesser voidcaller->sandling-> and any high speed flying pet with block. Tried so many times with mechanic pet for wolf, but with a high speed flying pet you can attack before he uses avoidance, block his prowl/attack combo and just wear him down since you take less dmg as flying.
    Last edited by Shandas; 2013-09-19 at 11:55 PM.

Just got the achievement for completing the celestial tourney today... took some work and a decent helping from this forum thread

Wrathion
    1 Marsh Fiddler
    2 Feral Vermling
    3 Arctic Hare

Chen Stormstout
    1 Robo-chick
    2 Zooey Snake
    3 Chuck

Taran Zhu
    1 Mr. Wiggles
    2 Crawling Claw
    3 Stitched Pup

Yu'lon
    1 Panderan Monk
    2 Mr. Bigglesworth
    3 Arctic Hare

Nizuo
    1 Kun-Lai Runt
    2 Zandalari Anklerender
    3 Twilight Spider

Chi
    1 Water Spirit
    2 Chrominius

Xuen
    1 Micro Sentry
    2 Jeeves
    3 Disgusting Oozeling

The Celestials are actually easier imo then the trainers. I had a hard time with Zhu and Chen. The panda monks being the hardest since I didn't have the combination of pets to work well against them. The 3 I used probably went the smoothest, gotta try more combos and see what works best. For Chen, my combo works fine unless his first pet's ability lands the stun which is 25% chance when used. If he doesn't stun, its easy going. However, if he lands the stun, its all hell break loose for you.

Water spirit + Chrom can combo most legendaries, so use that combo on whatever you feel suited. I felt Xuen was the most difficult legendary out of the 4, but I had a good 3 pet combo against him already, so I saved the duo combo for Chi.

Dunno what is wrong with me but I just can't get by those first three trainers second week in a row.
    I have like 100 25s all rares and even with the advice in this thread my guys just can't pull it off. Maybe just horrible rng? A 1200 crit on my crab when I had Wise Mari down to his last pet with under 400? Its so frustrating.
    I feel ashamed by this but I bet theres a lot more people out there having trouble with this as well.

Just some advice to any1 who might be having trouble with boss pets like the celestials at the end of the tournament. Dots work very well against them as nukes are reduced in damage to a point that it takes ages to kill them. Especially on zao, I found all my nuke pets wouldnt deal enough damage before he healed so my final team went with corefire imp, clockwork gnome and sunreaver micro-sentry. With wild magic, lightning storm and the turrets, the damage per turn is insane not to mention the mechanicals fail safe mechanic and I think I defeated 3 celestials (not yula as she did a shield to reduce damage so didnt want to risk it) with those 3 pets. Little Oondesta outside the celestial tournament was also beaten by those 3 pets.

Against the trainers I actually managed to use lower than level 25 pets. As long as their type is strong against the opponents they can defeat them pretty easily which can save some of your stronger pets for harder fights.
    For instance on wrathion who has 1 undead and 2 dragons - i used marsh fiddler level 23, Harbringer of flame level 25 and sporeling sprout level 18 and just matching undead against critter and both my humonoids to finish off the dragons and with only using 1 of my level 25s and none of my strong pets.

Woah. 15 pages :O Thank you, everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Shandas View Post
    Shademaster was abit more easy once i spent 2 hours trying different pets :P
    I used Ghost of lordering/lesser voidcaller->sandling-> and any high speed flying pet with block. Tried so many times with mechanic pet for wolf, but with a high speed flying pet you can attack before he uses avoidance, block his prowl/attack combo and just wear him down since you take less dmg as flying.
    I'm a sad panda. Leveled these guys up and tried and still no love. Can barely get to the wolf with 500 health left on my last guy.
    Back to warcraftpets.com, but really it is all about the rng I'm thinking. 1 miss or 1 crit and that's the end of that.
    Last edited by alach; 2013-09-22 at 05:06 AM.

This week, the celestials are much easier than the three trainers. Especially Chen and Taran-Zhu, nothing but terrible RNG. That alemental on Chen's team made my pet miss 4 times in a row on two occasions. The fiendish imp, while nerfed, was a pretty good opener against Taran-Zhu.

I used the following for two weeks now, never needed a 3rd pet for any of the celestials:

Yu'la:
    Clock'em solo

Zao:
    Sky moth
    Ankelbiter

Xu-Fu:
    Pandaren Dragonling
    Mech Chicken

Chi-Chi:
    Snailsx2

Easy as pie.

I essentially soloed Zao with a single Infinite Whelpling this week due to some odd bug. I hit him with sleeping gas which procced the sleep, and for the rest of the battle he did.. nothing, basically passed every round and I just hit him till he was dead with sleeping gas some 15 times in a row without any retaliation. And no it wasn't the sleep chain proccing every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzet View Post
    I essentially soloed Zao with a single Infinite Whelpling this week due to some odd bug. I hit him with sleeping gas which procced the sleep, and for the rest of the battle he did.. nothing, basically passed every round and I just hit him till he was dead with sleeping gas some 15 times in a row without any retaliation. And no it wasn't the sleep chain proccing every single time.
    Gonna try this. I hope it doesn't get hotfixed till this Wednesday

10+ Year Old Account
    So new trainers are out this week so here is the result: (maybe this will help you)

Blingtron--- jade mist dancer is kinda a must to make this easier
    Toxic rain -- more damage agaist elemental --) selfheal --) Spam anti elemental attack till it dies
    Next mob is a critter, but due to nature of his attacks you cant use a beasts--any elemental with anti-critter is good.
    Lil-bling --) any elemental pet will kick his ass.

Shadowmaster--- pain in ***
    Narin needs to be countered with sandstorm every time he uses blizzard so his narin attack hits you like wet noddle.
    When his cat died i switched to my water elemental and destroyed all his cannons (they realy hit hard), after his cat is dead its a race. His fast pet will dodge 2 of your attacks so its a good idea to have a stun ready just for that. (1.st attack will stil hit you hard)
    And dont worry--he does dodge--slow attack (its slowed by 30%) so with right timing you can stun it (pets with stun kick and other attack work, even better a pet that can stun and run dodge next attack.

Waterspeaker-- very looooooong fight
    What you do here is to shriek 1.st then pretty much nuke the 1.st pet, then you shriek 1 more time on your bird and switch to your clockwork gnome.. hit repair and go asleep. Its a very loooooong and boring selfheal turret fight (due to nature of magic pet always using soul ward). Once this pet is dead get your crab out and use nuke then spam fast attack so you kill him before he kills you.

Yula

Mr . bigglesworth can solo it -- just be sure to have a ice barrier up when it goes up in the air and pass a turn after so your orb hits it.

Zao

I used doom--waited for a charge to take all damage--)when dead--)sacrafice
    I switched to elemental and used 2 turn attacks--)then i switched to my wolf--used howl for 100% damage taken (it died after due to being crited )
    So i just switched to water elemental and killed him. -- generaly i say-- use sacrafice at start and dont wait for heal

Chi - chi

Before my snail did most of damage and died i used his damage increase attack, switched to my undead pet and turned chi chi into undead itself and used damage increase on him-- then i zerged him with my lamb turn attack.

Cub

I started with lightning storm so his chance to hit me is much less (and no healing increase), then i switched to turkey and used damage over time skill. After it died i switched back to yeti, made a new storm-- nuke-- it died -- switched to tonk and nuked the hell out of him.

11 dead pets this week is not so bad. I can probaly make a better offensive strategy for legendary pets.
    Last edited by Yunru; 2013-09-24 at 10:33 AM.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do the first 3 challengers require the most bizarre/ specific pet types in order to gain the advantage :S

Like wise mari he has a aquatic type that does aoe humanoid damage so you use a beast that does flying damage (which just happens to be only purchasable from the blizz store -.-) then the next pet is magic so you need to use a dragon BUT because the first pets aoe ability is strong against dragon you need to use mechanical with a dragon attack (again there is only one pet that fills this the mechanical panda dragon) then the final pet is an elemental type with aquatic abilities so you need to use a magic type with aquatic abilities (and the only option is legs )>.<

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Why do the first 3 challengers require the most bizarre/ specific pet types in order to gain the advantage :S

Like wise mari he has a aquatic type that does aoe humanoid damage so you use a beast that does flying damage (which just happens to be only purchasable from the blizz store -.-) then the next pet is magic so you need to use a dragon BUT because the first pets aoe ability is strong against dragon you need to use mechanical with a dragon attack (again there is only one pet that fills this the mechanical panda dragon) then the final pet is an elemental type with aquatic abilities so you need to use a magic type with aquatic abilities (and the only option is legs )>.<
    Because you don't need to perfectly counter the tamer pets to win. The pet tamers are fairly easy to beat even with non-strong attacks.

Deleted
    So after having done this I can state that this "Guide" is a complete BS
    as the 4 pets are WAY easier than the 3 Trainers wich are not even
    included in this "Guide" and wowheads comments with player tips are
    way more helpfull to beat them all.
    Yu'la ie gets soloed by Mr. Bigglesworth with the
    Rotation Claw, Ice Tomb, Ice Barrier, Pass!, Claw, Claw - repeat...

if you wanna know how to beat trainers use wowhead - more helpfull than this thread
    PLUS you allways find there combos of pets you dont have to pay for...

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    So after having done this I can state that this "Guide" is a complete BS
    as the 4 pets are WAY easier than the 3 Trainers wich are not even
    included in this "Guide" and wowheads comments with player tips are
    way more helpfull to beat them all.
    Yu'la ie gets soloed by Mr. Bigglesworth with the
    Rotation Claw, Ice Tomb, Ice Barrier, Pass!, Claw, Claw - repeat...

if you wanna know how to beat trainers use wowhead - more helpfull than this thread
    It's at times like this that I regret MMO-Champ doesn't have a report or downrate button. You are not the world. You are just one mere human. One out of million WoW players. One incredible exception out of the thousands that are having problems with the celestial pets. I wrote this thread after my first time beating it. Back then it was insanely hard hence the "drama" in the OP. But now it's a 10 min faceroll, Mr. Pro.

"If you wanna beat the trainers use wowhead - more helpfull than this thread"

This is the biggest troll post I've seen in a while.
    So incredibly ignorant that you actually made me mad.
    You are too blinded by your arrogance and ignorance that you didn't even noticed that I never even mentioned how to beat the trainers in the first place. They are too easy to be mentioned here. This thread was never intended to help with the trainers.

Not to mention the fact that the people who post guides on MMO-Champ and warcraftpets also post their guides on Wowhead as well. ( I am an example for that ).

Geez, ignorant as fck.

10+ Year Old Account
    This week was awkwardly easy. Wowhead for each NPC had one comment per which basically turned the fight into a joke.

Wise Mari:
    Carpe Diem -> Use Gilnean Raven

1- Alpha Strike
    2- Call Darkness
    3- Nocturnal Strike
    4- Alpha strike

Spirus -> Use Gilnean Raven until he kills this pet and then Use Onyxian Whelpling

Use Tail Sweep but he will deflect it, just continue using it until he dies. (I don't remember if I used healing flame against this pet.

River -> Use Onyxia with the following sequence and use a random aquatic pet ( I used a rare Jungle Darter lvl 23 and he lvled up to 24 xD)

Onyxia:

1- Healing Flame
    2- Tail sweep
    3- Lift off (In order to avoid whirlpool)

Finally, use the aquatic pet you have chosen and beat this guy.

I hope to have been of help
    Zero needs to any ultra rare pets.

Shademaster:
    The best combo against Shademaster Kiryn that I've found so far is a
    Blitz/Deflection/Kick S/S Flayer Youngling(325 speed)(A 260 speed flayer will do fine also, but anything past 272 can kick the mech and go first)
    Tidal Wave/Leech Seed Terrible Turnip
    Demolish/Deflection Anubisath Idol

Just kick his Giant's Blood(which he uses on CD), grind him down with the Flayer and don't bother using Deflection.
    Your Flayer should be at decent health when you reach the mech(600+ish), Deflect his first move(which is Call Lightning, Kick the turret(comes second) and just Blitz.
    Once your flayer dies, Turnip uses Leech Seed and grinds him down with Wave also destroying the Turrets.
    Your Turnip should win, but might die - not too much of a hassle if either happens.
    Anubisath gets to nothing till after Prowl, Deflect and then just smash him.
    You can also use Stoneskin since there is nothing to do in the first 3 rounds anyway.
    Again, no pets one shouldn't really have in your arsenal.

Blingron 4000:

Arctic Hare for ele : start with flurry then burrow & dodge
    Kun-Lai Runt for Banks : Frost shock, then Rampage & Thrash
    Water Waveling for Lil'B : Frost shock / Geyser & Ice lance

maybe not the best combo, because it's really depending on the first burrow of your hare. If missed, the ele will prolly kill your hare and you'll need the Runt to finish him. On the other side, if there is no miss from your burrow, you will have your hare to fight Banks, which is really helpfull before sending your Runt in.
    Hope it'll help, Banks sure got me crazy at some point
    Pretty smooth

Deleted
    Nairn is a pain, unless you have the Zombie dog that drops of Gluth in Naxx.

Howl and double bite, gg.

Other than that a lot of RNG with trainers this week I think, couple of annoying misses / crits that made me lose and have to start over again. I certainly found it harder than last week.

this weeks of trainers were a pain definitely.

shademaster :
    valk(doom, then haunt)
    earth spirit(prison him so he'll get really low/die in the back). barrage should kill the 2nd pet
    managerie custodian to finish off the rest. use his "surge of pwer" ability when u know the last guy is low enough

blingtron:
    jademist dancer/ water skimmer will rape the 1st pet
    electrified razortooth for the 2nd. rip, blood in the water and devour to finish him
    any elemental to finish off the last pet.

wise mari:
    brilliant kaliri to finish off first pet and get 2nd pet low
    2 whelpings. i used onyxian whelp and scourged whelp to finish them off. tail sweep rapes them

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    In my own humble opinion warcraft pets has had the most helpful information I have yet to come by. Offers a variety of solutions and tips/ideas.

In general for the ones before the Celestials what I have found is choosing pets that have abilities not necessarily for their type ie. a Bandicoon (Beast attacks) for the Golden Pig since a lot of pets seem to naturally counter the "obvious" choice. It seems also a lot more about neutralizing the opponent (high speed/dodge/stun attacks) rather than high damage teams.