Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It is taking me too much effort to come up with combos for the trainers every week. Thought it was going to be as easy as it was the first week, but nope.

I think I'm done with pet battles for this expansion. Got the celestial pet, caught everything possible.. was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    this weeks of trainers were a pain definitely.
    I feel you.

This was my strat (for some reason the quest resets on tuesday O.o):

Kiryn: Blighthawk, magical crawdad, anubisath idol

Blingtron: Gahz'rooki, Sunreaver micro-sentry, sapphire cub

Wise Mari: Tiny flamefly, scourged whelpling (doesn't take extra dmg from breath), Parrot

Blingtron's Lil B was pain in the ass with his Gift rng
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been delving into the double of the same pet teams. I ran a double kunlai runt with xu'fu last night and it was pretty good. stun slow stun charge and most things die pretty fast. Wonder what else should I level up
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

against wise mari i had luck using

1. gilnaen raven with alpha strike,call darkness,noctural strike
    2. scourged whelping with frost breath, shriek,ice tomb //////////////// this pet i was mainly only using frost breath, it hit like truck and with good rng u can finish the battle with only 2 pets
    3. swamp croaker with water jet,swarm of flies,bubble //// very handy against the elemental pet dive

against blingtron 4000 which was a bitch btw i used

1. eternal strider with water jet,cleansing rain, pump
    2. electrified razortooth with rip,blood in the water,devour
    3.any good elemental work with nuke in the turn lil bling doesnt have damage reduction
    i used lil ragnaros but not everyone have that

for shade master i used

1. crawling claw with agony,death grip,doom //////////////// my opening rotation was doom then death grip before the yeti use winter ability he will swap with the wolf
    2. mengarie custodian with zap,shock and awe,ion cannon //// use zap on the mob right away it will have dodge up then use shock and awe you might stun it
    3.living sanding with sand bolt,stoneskin,quicksand //// this is one of the most useful pets i found against that annoying cat he keep building torrents which the stoneskin negate completly
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    against wise mari i had luck using

2. scourged whelping with frost breath, shriek,ice tomb //////////////// this pet i was mainly only using frost breath, it hit like truck and with good rng u can finish the battle with only 2 pets
    Thank you for posting your line up, I was just looking for one that matched my current roster. However, for Wise Mari you stated you used the scourged whelpling but the moveset you followed it with didn't match what I have. Did you mean Frosty? http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets...anions/frosty/

10+ Year Old Account
    2. electrified razortooth with rip,blood in the water,devour

is it really that good? its got the move set of Toothy. Ive been using toothy as of lately surge rip and bitw is op
    14/14h and finally done

15+ Year Old Account
    Slightly different stats/movesets, different unit types. But in this case it's probably just because you tame razortooths at level 25(23) and they're very easy to find and doesn't require daily quest rng.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Am i the only one who thinks entire tournament is a little too.. luck dependant ? Having 80% hit chance ability miss 7 (!!!) times in row is a little frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Destructinator View Post
    Thank you for posting your line up, I was just looking for one that matched my current roster. However, for Wise Mari you stated you used the scourged whelpling but the moveset you followed it with didn't match what I have. Did you mean Frosty? http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets...anions/frosty/
    yes i meant frosty posted it in like 6am got confused

but scourged whelp work just as well if not better due to him being slower then the magic pet so u can use tail +call darkness to reduce healing again
    Last edited by Archimand; 2013-09-26 at 03:48 PM.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks entire tournament is a little too.. luck dependant ? Having 80% hit chance ability miss 7 (!!!) times in row is a little frustrating.
    this x5. You can have a PERFECT team to counter the trainers but rng will give it to you no lube and you will end up losing in the worst way. missing 7 times in a row on a 80% move with send me in a froth

Got up a blighthawk and Lesser Voidcaller. Needed a magic pet to add to the roster overall pleased with both
    14/14h and finally done

Yup, instead of finding the tournament fun, I find it stressful and irksome, beating every NPC then coming to your last battle and having RNG just go NOPE, kills the fun for me, luckily having a ton of back up pets, can ease it a little, as you can on the fly put together another team without having to start over, but for those that maybe don;t have a lot of level 25's and especially ones that are suited to these NPC's I feel their pain and misery.

It's even better when you miss a 100% hit chance attack with your rare quality level 25 pet versus a lower level poor quality wild pet ( without dodge abilities ).
    It's just awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel that for most of the fights you have the choice to use 100% hit abilities, that is certainly true for the final four.
    Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    It's even better when you miss a 100% hit chance attack with your rare quality level 25 pet versus a lower level poor quality wild pet ( without dodge abilities ).
    It's just awesome.
    Unless I see a video of this happening, I won't believe it. I've done thousands of pet battles and it hasn't happened even once.

10+ Year Old Account
    one thing i have to say is when you look at the pet forums everyone logs out with their safari hat on lol
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    I feel that for most of the fights you have the choice to use 100% hit abilities, that is certainly true for the final four.
    Also:

Unless I see a video of this happening, I won't believe it. I've done thousands of pet battles and it hasn't happened even once.
    I'm 2700 wild battles in, and around 200 pvp battles in, and agree with Lohe. I have NEVER seen this happen. Remember there are weather effects that pulls your hitchance down (ex Sandstorm), and numerous abilities that drops your hitchance (http://www.wowhead.com/petability=1010)
    ^ I agree with this.

Here is a screenshot. My pet goes first plus the Alpine Fox doesn't have any dodge abilities so no abilities were cast that could cause this. Rip's hit chance is 100%. The Rip debuff you see on the Alpine Foxling is my second attempt at it. The "Rip miss" part in the chat log isn't a bug. It did indeed miss. I only realized it after casting it a second time and re-reading the tooltip.

BTW this has happened to me multiple times. Once it happened with Call Lightning. I think I have more screenshots but this one is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    I leveled like 14 new 25s this week to bolster my lineup, hopefully it makes the opening lineups less taxing.
    One thing I did was take the 30 pets I had (before I started the Tournament on release week) and went to wowhead and looked up each trainer. There is usually a really good lineup/combo to use against each pet. So I went through my list and see who had similar abilities and went with them and those who didn't I leveled up.

Not sure if everyone gets the same combo every week, but I had this week: (In this order)

Wise Mari - Gilnean Raven/Onyxia Whelp/Shore Crab
    Blingtron - Golden Civet/Shy Bandicoon/Lil' Rag
    Did Shademaster last so I could bring in my Marsh Fiddler and heal Rag up since first round does no damage
    Shademaster - Stitched Pup / Lil' Rag / Anubisath Idol

Then for Celestials I went with (In this order)

Chi-Chi - Ghostly Skull (Popped Ascension immediately) -> Used 2 snails who did the goo when debuff fell off and hit with the magic touch
    Yu'la - Solo it with Mr. Biggle and after the fight he goes back up to 3/4 health which I use for next fight
    Zao - Bigglesworth (Tomb -> Barrier), swap to Sunreaver for the Mech Storm then swap to Clockwork Gnome who goes Turrent -> Fist x 2 -> Turret -> Fist till he's dead or Zao is dead. If I get lucky crits he won't heal. If he heals then I just finish him off with Biggle
    Xu-Fu - I used the almost full health Sunreaver for storm then use the Sezuchen (or something like that) chicken for flock and then finish with Sunreaver if needed.

I have a detailed list written out if anyone wants it. That way I can go in and use same combo and know I won't have any issues downing it in the future.

15+ Year Old Account
    <picture cut out>

Here is a screenshot. My pet goes first plus the Alpine Fox doesn't have any dodge abilities so no abilities were cast that could cause this. Rip's hit chance is 100%. The Rip debuff you see on the Alpine Foxling is my second attempt at it. The "Rip miss" part in the chat log isn't a bug. It did indeed miss. I only realized it after casting it a second time and re-reading the tooltip.

BTW this has happened to me multiple times. Once it happened with Call Lightning. I think I have more screenshots but this one is enough.
    You're using a level 23 pet, you claimed it was a level 25. Also, I'm requiring a video, not a screenshot, for a reason. You don't have to convince me but that's what it would take. It also needs to be on live, not some non-live version with legendary pets.
    Last edited by Siri; 2013-09-26 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Lvl 23 pet has a chance to miss lvl 25 pet. Also enemy pet can also dodge (not skill). Its a small chance but it can happen. (it cant dodge multiround nuke attacks, but they can dodge normal attacks)

Also better the enemy pet (gray= no chance to dodge, white 1% chance, green 2%, blue 5% legendary 10%), bigger the chance to miss it. I made up those stats becuse i realy dont know the real ones, but you can find out if you attack the enemy pet with same skill 100 times (keep going out of battle and returning) and you will see.
    Last edited by Yunru; 2013-09-26 at 10:44 PM.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I found the first few comments on this forum to be rather helpful: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8113132677

Side note: I have close to 560 rare lvl 25 pets so that made things easy for me, but this forum should give you an idea on what you may want to level if you're having any problems with certain encounters in the tournament