Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Thank you very much for sharing and putting so much time and effort, I can't say that I have a high amount of max level pets because leveling is rather time consuming. Soooo am off to the ah to grab some I can definitely buy, such as the darkmoon ones
    The trick to leveling Is go into Valley of the 4 Winds, get a beast pet to high level 20+ I actually use either my Kun-lai Runt which is Humanoid or my Mechanical Kitty, Attack critter pets, team will usually consist of 2-3 critters and an aquatic. Then put out your level 1 pet and attack once, he may die a time or 2 but if they heal or something you just swap to your beast and kill the whole team after first fight your pet will be lvl 5, second level 9-10, and after 3rd 13 you get the picture. This is how I level all my pets or in the Vale with a Flying against a water pet.

Additionally if you complete the 40 Tamer achieve you get a hat that gives +10% exp to pet's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    The trick to leveling Is go into Valley of the 4 Winds, get a beast pet to high level 20+ I actually use either my Kun-lai Runt which is Humanoid or my Mechanical Kitty, Attack critter pets, team will usually consist of 2-3 critters and an aquatic. Then put out your level 1 pet and attack once, he may die a time or 2 but if they heal or something you just swap to your beast and kill the whole team after first fight your pet will be lvl 5, second level 9-10, and after 3rd 13 you get the picture. This is how I level all my pets or in the Vale with a Flying against a water pet.

Additionally if you complete the 40 Tamer achieve you get a hat that gives +10% exp to pet's.
    Zandalari Anklerender is also extremely nice with Bite / Primal Cry (AoE damage and slow) / and Devour. All of these are strong versus critter and pretty respectable damage against the occasional aquatic you get in Vot4W....Timing devour right means zero downtime via the heal.

For powering up level 1 pets look for fights with crickets, which typically heal or do a low-damage attack in the first round.

15+ Year Old Account
    Xu-Fu is amazing for leveling too... as long as prowl+feed doesn't miss.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewyanek View Post
    Thank you for the guide! Very helpful!
    Glad to hear it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Xu-Fu is amazing for leveling too... as long as prowl+feed doesn't miss.
    YEP! My biggest regret about the whole thing is that I can't reset my Xu-Fu's level. I want to level him over and over and over again.

This weeks challenge was easy as pie, ran through the whole thing in 25 minutes, and that was including the time putting my teams together for the set of 3 new NPC's!

Picked up Zao this week and he's adorabubbles <3

I too finished it VERY fast this week, and picked up Chi-Chi

3 weeks till Xu-fu is in my pockets :-)! can't wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Yup. I didn't have enough pets leveled to soak the blow of losing a few in the battles in the first 2 weeks of the tournament. So...pet treats, safari hat, pet leveling binge. Best advice for anyone struggling with this is to spend a little bit of time each day leveling pets up, particularly magical and humanoid until you have a nice, solid pool to pull from. Last week I lost tons of pets to RNG, but it wasn't a big deal because of backups.
    Humanoids in the tournament, besides maybe one or two pets isn't such a big deal imo. Personally I'd recommend Mechanicals, Magics and Beasts.

This week was fine, even if it took me an hour basically going afk after each move ever 5 minutes due to nonstop phone calls. >.<
    Dr. Ion is still annoying as hell! But the Celestials themselves went down super fast. Decided to try out the water spirit+Chrommaggus against three of them for a change of pace and besides Chi-Chi being rather frightening, thinking my timing was messed up they were all one-shot. and the Gregarious Grell imp freak had no issues with the dragonkin. I think I lost maybe 3 pets total (one from each trainer dudes).

It's kind of cheap, but a lot of trainers and Yu'la especially have ramp up times where they power up or apply buffs.
    During this time you can easily heal your whole team with a sunflower and just run from battle and repeat.
    Not sure if anyone posted this before. I did end up lvling 3x water spirit Chromag combos just to faceroll everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    So new trainers are out this week so here is the result: (maybe this will help you)

*snip*

11 dead pets this week is not so bad. I can probaly make a better offensive strategy for legendary pets.
    Command & Conquer fan? :P
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    Not sure if anyone posted this before. I did end up lvling 3x water spirit Chromag combos just to faceroll everything.
    I had two sets from before for fabled beasts (incl valks), got a third set for tournament. I only keep them as backups now though in case something goes wrong with my regular strats. It's basically a 100% success with team one-shot, I just don't want to rely on a crutch.

Lol water spirit and chrom is pretty op, not sure if i want to lvl x3 them, I have 1 pair to nuke a hard legendary thou. I tried making actually pet combos to take down the legendaries since I got several 25 pets to mix and match. Also, incase they nerf this combo as they usually do if its too op.

Ya farming the 4 winds critters is definitely a great way to level your pets, using the pets people recommended above is pretty much what I use. Any pet with feed or devour can carry a lv 1 - 25. Remember you can stack the 25% and 50% pet buffs for extra experience, it helps a lot if you got them.

also if beat all the trainers and unlocked all the daily trainers. you can 2pet the trainer right near klaxxi(can solo with red cricket), the pandaren spirit at the bottom of dreadwaste(2 magic). the trainer at the bottom of the vale(anub idol w/ sandstorm), trainer in 4 winds(water skimmer,water spirit), the trainer in jade(ony and scourged whelps) and the air spirit in jade(double chrominius). with the hat and 25% xp gain, you can lvl 1-25 in 4-5 battles. you can also 2pet the trainer in krasarang and the fire spirit in townlong but its harder than the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    the fire spirit in townlong but its harder than the rest.
    Emerald protodrake coupled with a snail or anub idol is quite easy for that one.

Deleted
    What's better than fighting Yu'la with Mr. Bigglesworth, who can easily oneshot her? Fighting Yu'la with 3 Mr. Bigglesworths

It's a shame that I forgot about the early pet battle quest reset and wanted to do them together with the rest of the stuff on the last day of the week.
    Now I missed out on a whole week

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been colecting pets but only a few days ago I started to level them in order to complete this tournament and I was wondering if someone a list of pets that can help me to accomplish this tournament.

As you can see on my armory, I only have 23 pets at max level, so I'll have to level a few more to do it properly I guess, but I was wondering if you guys know that X pet will do great against one Tamer on the Tournament that I should level up in order to beat the encounter.

Thanks and sorry for my english,
    ~ Ogait
    Last edited by Ogait; 2013-10-07 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Corrected my English
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    I've been colecting pets but only a few days ago I started to level them in order to complete this tournament and I was wondering if someone a list of pets that can help me to accomplish this tournament.

As you can see on my armory, I only have 23 pets at max level, so I'll have to level a few more to do it properly I guess, but I was wondering if you guys know that X pet will do great against one Tamer on the Tournament that I should level up in order to beat the encounter.

Thanks and sorry for my english,
    ~ Ogait
    with the dark moon fair here see if you can get a hold of a S/S or a P/S crow. Darkmoon Tonk, menagerie custodian are very good aswell. 2 Kun-Lai Runts will do you good, S/S Flayer Youngling(kick too op). Im sure there are a few more that are invaluable. Ill chime in and edit as they come to me.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot for the reply.

I've all the pets you said I think:

• Crow - P/S but is Common
    • Darkmoon Tonk
    • Menagerie Custodian - H/P
    • 1 Kun-Lai Runt - P/P
    • Flayer Youngling - S/S

I'll level these pets this week and will wait for more replies!

Thanks,
    ~ Ogait
    Last edited by Ogait; 2013-10-08 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Proper English
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

I've had the tournament quest reset 3 times last night, does anyone know why this is happening? I'm not complaining, but it seems a bit odd.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had a double reset one week, no idea why either. I hope no one rats us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    I had a double reset one week, no idea why either. I hope no one rats us out.
    I already have three of the celestial pets and have one coin towards the last... I'm tempted to use the three together in a team but I worry someone will report me