Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gave it a try 2 weeks ago, and it seemed ridiculously undertuned. Ofc, I did some research beforehand, but was able to oneshot everything and lose only 3 pets in process (mainly because I didn't care about them since they weren't needed in next fights).
    I expected tournament (and Celestials especially) to be harder.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    fire spirit in townlong but its harder than the rest.
    At least in 5.3 (not tried since) I defeated him, with a single anubisath idol, every day.
    Crush, sand, shield.

only one week left for my final pet...pokemon hella burned me out on pet battling

I haven't even started yet. Internship takes up a LOT of my time.

How many pets do you need at level 25 to do it? I've been a fairly casual battle pet-person, but lately I've been feeling the urge to put more effort into it.

15+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on which pets you have at 25.
    I know people who have less than 30 who get through the tournament every week without leveling new ones, I also know people with 100 or more who struggle because they didn't have the right ones.

I only have 3 at 25 right now, working on more though. Should look into what pets are good for it, so I don't waste time on "bad" pets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you should definitely research which ones you want, focusing on the setup for the current week

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Zao you can 2 pet team using any pet with call lightning and 1 zandalari anklerender

Put up call lightning, switch to anklerender, use Black Claw then Hunting party = dead Zao

Yu'la indeed can be soloed by Gregarious Grell, no other pets needed! Though this is a TCG pet so not everyone may have this.

Chi Chi I use any pet with curse of doom, then any pet with Ice tomb, Chrominius for Howl+ surge of power

Curse of Doom >Ice Tomb>Howl>surge of power
    You can switch the Call Lightning Pet with a Decoy + Bombing Run pet (Darkmoon Zeppelin or Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling), then do Decoy > Bomb > Switch > Black Claw > Hunting Party. It has the advantage that only one pet takes damage in the fight (the Anklerender), for those who don't have that many yet at 25. So you can use the other one in other fights (especially the Darkmoon Zeppelin is awesome against XuFu).
    And for Chi-Chi: Water Spirit + Chrominius would be an alternative, Geyser > Whirlpool > change pet > Howl > Surge.
    To Yu'la: Yes, that seems like the easiest of the last bosses. There are some Pets which can solo him, partially depending on hitluck (Clock'em, Grell, Bigllesworth, ...). The second seems like the strongest, but also the hardest to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    You can switch the Call Lightning Pet with a Decoy + Bombing Run pet (Darkmoon Zeppelin or Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling), then do Decoy > Bomb > Switch > Black Claw > Hunting Party. It has the advantage that only one pet takes damage in the fight (the Anklerender), for those who don't have that many yet at 25.
    And for Chi-Chi: Water Spirit + Chrominius would be an alternative, Geyser > Whirlpool > change pet > Howl > Surge.
    To Yu'la: Yes, that seems like the easiest of the last bosses. There are some Pets which can solo him, partially depending on hitluck (Clock'em, Grell, Bigllesworth, ...). The second seems like the strongest, but also the hardest to get.
    You need a total of 5 pets to beat all four celestials. The trick is to howl-bomb them. The howl bomb starts with a pandaran water spirit casting geyser and whirlpool, then you switch to a pet with howl (I prefer Chromius). That gets you roughly 2/3 of the celestial's life plus a stun. For the crane and tiger, Chromius can finish with his big arcane blast. For the dragon, use something with big humanoid attacks to finish (I use the pandaran monk). For the ox, I finish with the darkmoon tonk. Finally, I use the magical crawdad to heal chromius and the water spirit between fights (the dragon gives 2 damage free turns to start, so easy wish healing). I have different teams now, but those 5 pets (with only the water spirit actually required) will beat the 4 celestials.

The 3 starter fights were a lot more challenging - I had to level a few pets to build the right teams. These days I have about 200 level 25 pets, so I have plenty of options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finaly all the pets (chi chi is kinda op till it meets a critter)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Finaly all the pets (chi chi is kinda op till it meets a critter)

this, I wish the other rewards weren't so steep. 3 for a stone? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Finally all the pets (chi chi is kinda op till it meets a critter)

same, all four, just need to level the dragon to 25 and am done.
    Chi chi is amazing pet leveler.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by braeldiil View Post
    The 3 starter fights were a lot more challenging - I had to level a few pets to build the right teams. These days I have about 200 level 25 pets, so I have plenty of options.
    With a larger stable of pets confining myself to just five pets is asinine, and these days I just go for the quick kill.

For Yu-la, instead of wasting a lot of time solo'ing her, I use a Sunlight pet (such as Sunflower or Lunar Lantern) + 2 Explode pets (such as Pet Bombling, Blackfuse Bombling, Darkmoon Zeppelin, Netherspace Abyssal, Minfernal-- higher HP preferred). Turn order goes like this:

1. Sunlight (Yu'la uses shield)
    2. Switch to Exploder 1 (Yu'la uses Lift Off)
    3. Pass (you need to wait for her to come back down; Mechs and Magic are in no danger of dying to this)
    4. Explode your first bomb
    5. Explode your second bomb

Since she's typically handled last, you really don't need to save anything. Sunlight doesn't have to do any damage, since Yu'la's HP total is rather pathetic (in fact depending on your bomb choices you might be able to get away with an Uncommon Lv.25, but you need to work out the math for yourself).
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2013-11-12 at 11:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really need to get back on my pet game. I have like 25 lvl 25's but I dont think they're really fit for the tournment. I havent even done the daily yet. I normally roll with Disgusting oozling and Lil Ony and some pet I'm lvling and oondasta had his way with them. And I havent been back. reading this I'm inspired to get back to it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    With a larger stable of pets confining myself to just five pets is asinine, and these days I just go for the quick kill.

For Yu-la, instead of wasting a lot of time solo'ing her, I use a Sunlight pet (such as Sunflower or Lunar Lantern) + 2 Explode pets (such as Pet Bombling, Blackfuse Bombling, Darkmoon Zeppelin, Netherspace Abyssal, Minfernal-- higher HP preferred). Turn order goes like this:

1. Sunlight (Yu'la uses shield)
    2. Switch to Exploder 1 (Yu'la uses Lift Off)
    3. Pass (you need to wait for her to come back down; Mechs and Magic are in no danger of dying to this)
    4. Explode your first bomb
    5. Explode your second bomb

Since she's typically handled last, you really don't need to save anything. Sunlight doesn't have to do any damage, since Yu'la's HP total is rather pathetic (in fact depending on your bomb choices you might be able to get away with an Uncommon Lv.25, but you need to work out the math for yourself).
    The "you can do it with 5 pets" was aimed at people who were first starting the tournament. It gives you a small set to work towards, which is a lot easier than listing out a bunch of different pets to level. It's not how I do those fights anymore (well, I have multiple howlbomb teams, but they don't share pets), but for the people who are scraping by on pets knowing the absolute minimum to do the fights is really valuable.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what are the "must have" pets? I see a lot of people saying Unborn Valkyr, Tranquil Mechanical Yeti, Chrominus, Pandaren Water Spirit. Any that I'm missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    So what are the "must have" pets? I see a lot of people saying Unborn Valkyr, Tranquil Mechanical Yeti, Chrominus, Pandaren Water Spirit. Any that I'm missing?
    I'd add Anubisath Idol and one of the Zandalari lizards with black claw and hunting pack as essentials. Pretty sure Murkadin is about to be on that list, too.

Other useful pets to have - darkmoon zep, darkmoon tonk, rapkana whelk, emerald proto drake, any rare rabbit, rare spiders, rare moths, jade owl, one of the crocolisks from the BC fishing dailies, magical crawdad

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally a big fan of S/S Lil' Bad Wolf, I use it all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    There are none. Some Pets are really awesome in the tournament, but for almost every single pet there is another one out there, which can do the job almost equally as good. Of those you mention, I use only Chominius / Water Spirit in the tournament. And the fight I use them on would be also possible with snails, or porcupettes.
    In the wowhead comments and the thread here are many different strategies with different pets for the fights in the tournament.