Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
LastLast
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    i failed a few times on chi-chi using this guide - so looked up wowhead, and one had postet a setup there that works great for him killed him with 2 pets.

    Voodoo Figurine, a Rat/mouse with stampede.
    Wild Magic ->Flame Breath refresh Wild Magic 1 round before you die, Once your Passive goes off, hit him with Rot. This changes him from Flying type to Undead, making Critter damage deal a lot. Bring out the Rat/mouse and just spam Stampede until he is dead!
    Slight variation... but you don't need to sac' your Voodoo Figurine (or risk the chance that either your Wild Magic or Rot gets blocked, which ruins the whole thing).

    1. Wild Magic
    2. Rot
    3. Switch to Rat (this is the turn Chi-Chi uses the blocking move, so you lose nothing by doing this)
    4. Stampede
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2013-10-17 at 07:01 AM.

  2. #402
    Mechagnome Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    694
    I gave it a try 2 weeks ago, and it seemed ridiculously undertuned. Ofc, I did some research beforehand, but was able to oneshot everything and lose only 3 pets in process (mainly because I didn't care about them since they weren't needed in next fights).
    I expected tournament (and Celestials especially) to be harder.
    Lethora, 100 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 100 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU

  3. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    fire spirit in townlong but its harder than the rest.
    At least in 5.3 (not tried since) I defeated him, with a single anubisath idol, every day.
    Crush, sand, shield.

  4. #404
    only one week left for my final pet...pokemon hella burned me out on pet battling

  5. #405
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,507
    I haven't even started yet. Internship takes up a LOT of my time.

  6. #406
    Stood in the Fire Zantera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Gothenburg
    Posts
    410
    How many pets do you need at level 25 to do it? I've been a fairly casual battle pet-person, but lately I've been feeling the urge to put more effort into it.
    I make my own music for fun. Check it out. I also write music reviews on my blog, which you can also check out!

    http://parisinthespring.bandcamp.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/parisinthespringmusic

  7. #407
    Fluffy Kitten Siri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,495
    It really depends on which pets you have at 25.
    I know people who have less than 30 who get through the tournament every week without leveling new ones, I also know people with 100 or more who struggle because they didn't have the right ones.

  8. #408
    Stood in the Fire Zantera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Gothenburg
    Posts
    410
    I only have 3 at 25 right now, working on more though. Should look into what pets are good for it, so I don't waste time on "bad" pets.
    I make my own music for fun. Check it out. I also write music reviews on my blog, which you can also check out!

    http://parisinthespring.bandcamp.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/parisinthespringmusic

  9. #409
    Fluffy Kitten Siri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,495
    Yes, you should definitely research which ones you want, focusing on the setup for the current week

  10. #410
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Zao you can 2 pet team using any pet with call lightning and 1 zandalari anklerender

    Put up call lightning, switch to anklerender, use Black Claw then Hunting party = dead Zao

    Yu'la indeed can be soloed by Gregarious Grell, no other pets needed! Though this is a TCG pet so not everyone may have this.

    Chi Chi I use any pet with curse of doom, then any pet with Ice tomb, Chrominius for Howl+ surge of power

    Curse of Doom >Ice Tomb>Howl>surge of power
    You can switch the Call Lightning Pet with a Decoy + Bombing Run pet (Darkmoon Zeppelin or Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling), then do Decoy > Bomb > Switch > Black Claw > Hunting Party. It has the advantage that only one pet takes damage in the fight (the Anklerender), for those who don't have that many yet at 25. So you can use the other one in other fights (especially the Darkmoon Zeppelin is awesome against XuFu).
    And for Chi-Chi: Water Spirit + Chrominius would be an alternative, Geyser > Whirlpool > change pet > Howl > Surge.
    To Yu'la: Yes, that seems like the easiest of the last bosses. There are some Pets which can solo him, partially depending on hitluck (Clock'em, Grell, Bigllesworth, ...). The second seems like the strongest, but also the hardest to get.

  11. #411
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    You can switch the Call Lightning Pet with a Decoy + Bombing Run pet (Darkmoon Zeppelin or Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling), then do Decoy > Bomb > Switch > Black Claw > Hunting Party. It has the advantage that only one pet takes damage in the fight (the Anklerender), for those who don't have that many yet at 25.
    And for Chi-Chi: Water Spirit + Chrominius would be an alternative, Geyser > Whirlpool > change pet > Howl > Surge.
    To Yu'la: Yes, that seems like the easiest of the last bosses. There are some Pets which can solo him, partially depending on hitluck (Clock'em, Grell, Bigllesworth, ...). The second seems like the strongest, but also the hardest to get.
    You need a total of 5 pets to beat all four celestials. The trick is to howl-bomb them. The howl bomb starts with a pandaran water spirit casting geyser and whirlpool, then you switch to a pet with howl (I prefer Chromius). That gets you roughly 2/3 of the celestial's life plus a stun. For the crane and tiger, Chromius can finish with his big arcane blast. For the dragon, use something with big humanoid attacks to finish (I use the pandaran monk). For the ox, I finish with the darkmoon tonk. Finally, I use the magical crawdad to heal chromius and the water spirit between fights (the dragon gives 2 damage free turns to start, so easy wish healing). I have different teams now, but those 5 pets (with only the water spirit actually required) will beat the 4 celestials.

    The 3 starter fights were a lot more challenging - I had to level a few pets to build the right teams. These days I have about 200 level 25 pets, so I have plenty of options.

  12. #412
    I am Murloc! Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jagged Pass
    Posts
    5,563
    Finaly all the pets (chi chi is kinda op till it meets a critter)

  13. #413
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Finaly all the pets (chi chi is kinda op till it meets a critter)

    this, I wish the other rewards weren't so steep. 3 for a stone? lol

  14. #414
    Dreadlord the0o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Zangarmarsh
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Finally all the pets (chi chi is kinda op till it meets a critter)

    same, all four, just need to level the dragon to 25 and am done.
    Chi chi is amazing pet leveler.

    "Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"


  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by braeldiil View Post
    The 3 starter fights were a lot more challenging - I had to level a few pets to build the right teams. These days I have about 200 level 25 pets, so I have plenty of options.
    With a larger stable of pets confining myself to just five pets is asinine, and these days I just go for the quick kill.

    For Yu-la, instead of wasting a lot of time solo'ing her, I use a Sunlight pet (such as Sunflower or Lunar Lantern) + 2 Explode pets (such as Pet Bombling, Blackfuse Bombling, Darkmoon Zeppelin, Netherspace Abyssal, Minfernal-- higher HP preferred). Turn order goes like this:

    1. Sunlight (Yu'la uses shield)
    2. Switch to Exploder 1 (Yu'la uses Lift Off)
    3. Pass (you need to wait for her to come back down; Mechs and Magic are in no danger of dying to this)
    4. Explode your first bomb
    5. Explode your second bomb

    Since she's typically handled last, you really don't need to save anything. Sunlight doesn't have to do any damage, since Yu'la's HP total is rather pathetic (in fact depending on your bomb choices you might be able to get away with an Uncommon Lv.25, but you need to work out the math for yourself).
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2013-11-12 at 11:49 PM.

  16. #416
    Mechagnome Sliippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ny'Alotha
    Posts
    536
    I really need to get back on my pet game. I have like 25 lvl 25's but I dont think they're really fit for the tournment. I havent even done the daily yet. I normally roll with Disgusting oozling and Lil Ony and some pet I'm lvling and oondasta had his way with them. And I havent been back. reading this I'm inspired to get back to it.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    With a larger stable of pets confining myself to just five pets is asinine, and these days I just go for the quick kill.

    For Yu-la, instead of wasting a lot of time solo'ing her, I use a Sunlight pet (such as Sunflower or Lunar Lantern) + 2 Explode pets (such as Pet Bombling, Blackfuse Bombling, Darkmoon Zeppelin, Netherspace Abyssal, Minfernal-- higher HP preferred). Turn order goes like this:

    1. Sunlight (Yu'la uses shield)
    2. Switch to Exploder 1 (Yu'la uses Lift Off)
    3. Pass (you need to wait for her to come back down; Mechs and Magic are in no danger of dying to this)
    4. Explode your first bomb
    5. Explode your second bomb

    Since she's typically handled last, you really don't need to save anything. Sunlight doesn't have to do any damage, since Yu'la's HP total is rather pathetic (in fact depending on your bomb choices you might be able to get away with an Uncommon Lv.25, but you need to work out the math for yourself).
    The "you can do it with 5 pets" was aimed at people who were first starting the tournament. It gives you a small set to work towards, which is a lot easier than listing out a bunch of different pets to level. It's not how I do those fights anymore (well, I have multiple howlbomb teams, but they don't share pets), but for the people who are scraping by on pets knowing the absolute minimum to do the fights is really valuable.

  18. #418
    The Lightbringer Naxere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    45.0061° N, 93.1567° W
    Posts
    3,492
    So what are the "must have" pets? I see a lot of people saying Unborn Valkyr, Tranquil Mechanical Yeti, Chrominus, Pandaren Water Spirit. Any that I'm missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Guided placement into a subject you excel at isn't denying desires and dreams.

  19. #419
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    So what are the "must have" pets? I see a lot of people saying Unborn Valkyr, Tranquil Mechanical Yeti, Chrominus, Pandaren Water Spirit. Any that I'm missing?
    I'd add Anubisath Idol and one of the Zandalari lizards with black claw and hunting pack as essentials. Pretty sure Murkadin is about to be on that list, too.

    Other useful pets to have - darkmoon zep, darkmoon tonk, rapkana whelk, emerald proto drake, any rare rabbit, rare spiders, rare moths, jade owl, one of the crocolisks from the BC fishing dailies, magical crawdad

  20. #420
    Fluffy Kitten Siri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,495
    I'm personally a big fan of S/S Lil' Bad Wolf, I use it all the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •