Thread: why do people

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

why do people

Why do people cry about drug addict actor's and actresses instead of a soldier .......was in vent last night and all people were talking about was the guy that died from a od on cocaine i think ...and whitney houston i dont understand why people cry over them and not the real hero's like SOLDIERS!!!! can someone please explain to me why that is

Deleted
    I'm not sure if I would call a soldier a hero..

Deleted
    Same reason as to why a surgeon makes less money than some idiot with his IQ written on his shirt who runs after a ball for 90 minutes.

Deleted
    This feels like Deja Vu...

10+ Year Old Account
    People are entitled to cry over who they feel closest to.

So yes, my dog suddenly dying is going to elicit more emotion than a soldier's death (unless said soldier was a friend).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    "Hero" is a very subjective term. In my opinion, being a soldier doesn't make you a hero. Being a soldier is a job, just like a store clerk.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

This is quite clearly a troll post meant to create drama and rage from people that disagree with OPs statement. I surely hope a moderator locks this before it gets out of hand. Also OP, could you be more obvious?

Infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-08-06 at 12:59 AM.

Deleted
    I cry over neither.

The former is a person who has killed themselves through stupidity. It's not difficult to know how much of a drug it's safe to take.
    The latter is a person who signed up to a job where you've a good chance of dying.

ok well not trying to be a troll .....should have chosen my wording a lil diffrently maybe why do more people cry over a drug addict then a man who dies trying to save people

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    I'm not sure if I would call a soldier a hero..
    Well depends on what kind of soldier. If he dies on duty he might not be a hero.. but if he dies on duty trying to save a bunch of people with his life, then he is a hero.

Its sad when someone you feel close to dies.

For example, after watching all of Glee, it was sad to know that Cory Monteith died. He played his role great and I will miss him in future series.

When a soldier does, its part of their job. People who play with guns get hurt, its expected. Which is also why I don't see a soldier as a hero, anyone can join the army.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepstrider View Post
    I cry over neither.

The former is a person who has killed themselves through stupidity. It's not difficult to know how much of a drug it's safe to take.

The latter is a person who signed up to a job where you've a good chance of dying.
    Drugs are increasingly more dangerous to take. As the body gets resistant to their effects if taken for a long time, more and more is required to obtain the same results. After a point of constant drug use, only doses that are lethal would still induce the effects and that's where junkies go around the corner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy325 View Post
    Why do people cry about drug addict actor's and actresses instead of a soldier .......was in vent last night and all people were talking about was the guy that died from a od on cocaine i think ...and whitney houston i dont understand why people cry over them and not the real hero's like SOLDIERS!!!! can someone please explain to me why that is
    First of.. Hero is a very strong word. Not everyone looks at a soldier as a hero. Many look at them as them just doing a job they've chosen freely and are (if they do it smart enough) paid for royally. As long as the soldier isn't part of the people's family or closer social surroundings, they have zero attachment to them either because they never had any direct impact on the people's live.
    Whereas actors and musicians for example did have said direct impact. And no one "cries" over those who've had minimal impact or none either. Only those who have done so are the ones people are weeping for.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Because i dont see why i should be upset about either. One killed themselves and the other kills other people. When does a freedom fighter become a terrorist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    Its sad when someone you feel close to dies.

For example, after watching all of Glee, it was sad to know that Cory Monteith died. He played his role great and I will miss him in future series.

When a soldier does, its part of their job. People who play with guns get hurt, its expected. Which is also why I don't see a soldier as a hero, anyone can join the army.
    The bold part is actually untrue. Not everyone can join the army.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Well depends on what kind of soldier. If he dies on duty he might not be a hero.. but if he dies on duty trying to save a bunch of people with his life, then he is a hero.
    As would anyone be that saves life. Not because he's a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The bold part is actually untrue. Not everyone can join the army.

this is true as they do have standards ...some people might not think that but they do as tons of people get kicked out for not meeting standards ....also alot of people cant even get in due to weight or test scores

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    As would anyone be that saves life. Not because he's a soldier.
    Good point... An average person/civilian, that's not either a cop, a soldier or a firefighter (which have actually received training accordingly), is to me a much greater and true hero. An every day person putting their own life on the line to safe someone else, that's a hero to me above anyone else.

Deleted
    Soldiers are idolised and it's ridiculous. It's not like WW2 where our nation faces annihilation unless the brave men ride off to war to fight the Huns in the trenches.

If people want to perpetuate a pointless war then good for them. If they want to be meat in the grinder then good for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy325 View Post
    this is true as they do have standards ...some people might not think that but they do as tons of people get kicked out for not meeting standards ....also alot of people cant even get in due to weight or test scores
    Yes, that's what I meant