Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Game definitely has its flaws, but at it's core as an exploration/questy kind of thing, game was the same as ever. Better combat would be great, but I feel like TES is just about a big, immersive universe with interesting stories where you get to choose the kind of character you are, and that's what makes it fun for me. Maybe I can be the ruthless assassin, or the knight. or maybe i can be a mage who says who needs more magic damage when you can fireball stunlock?

1. Combat is terrible, agreed.
    2. UI is terrible, but SkyUI helps tremendously. Along with some additional UI mods, it becomes pretty decent.
    3. Fast-travel?
    4. Not in my experience, I think the exploring of the world & dungeons is one of the strong points.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

you will not enjoy this game if you dont want to roleplay it. CoD might suit you better.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    UI is terrible, but SkyUI helps tremendously. Along with some additional UI mods, it becomes pretty decent.
    really? i think its pretty terrible either way

i cant get used to another ui after so many hours of playing oblivion. i dont know why they couldn't just make it like that, it was perfect the way that it was and the quest log had a lot of really important information in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    you will not enjoy this game if you dont want to roleplay it. CoD might suit you better.
    I will probably regret writing this but tbh CoD is a better game than this one imo. And no I'm not a big CoD fan I only played MW3 and thought the rest were all the same, but I do love RPG games.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing i dislike are those damn narrow dungeons.
    Otherwise, great game.

- Combat is terrible
    I can understand your point, here. Still, wouldn't call it terrible.

- UI is terrible
    What? Why? What is the problem with the UI? I find it pretty tidy, even without mods.

- All you do is walk
    And that is not a bad thing, since Skyrim is beautiful. Sure, it is a problem when you are going through the wilds and you find several packs of wolves in your way, but take walking out of the game, and you take all the magic away from skyrim.

- Dungeons are all similar
    No, they aren't. Considering that there are hundreds of dungeons in the game, and that they're all a little bit different from each other, I don't see much reason for this complain

Sure, Skyrim isn't perfect. But its imperfections fade away at how gorgeous and immersive the game is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    Seriously how can people like this game (on PC)?

- Combat is terrible
    The combat is pretty good for an rpg, Oblvion and Morrowind were bad though.
    - UI is terrible
    I'l give you this one, Elder Scroll games are known for having a terrible UI.
    - All you do is walk
    You mean you have to explore in an OPEN WORLD RPG and travel to do so, how dare they make the only good game that allowes you to do this in a good way.
    - Dungeons are all similar
    So is every game, only the main story dungeons have a unique design, just like only bosses have a unique design. Find me 1 RPG where this is not the case.

Glad I spent only 15 bucks on this game instead of the 60, I absolutely can't understand how this game got 96 points and how it has so many fanboys, I guess the story is alright but the game is absolutely horrendous! I'm not trolling, I'm serious, even Dishonored (Unreal engine) has better combat than this game.
    I'm not a fan boy as I barely play the game, but it's obvious why the game is popular. You can do wathever you want, be wathever you want and do it whenever you want in an open world with one the best looking graphics in gaming at the moment. Stop being an idiot.

I will probably regret writing this but tbh CoD is a better game than this one imo. And no I'm not a big CoD fan I only played MW3 and thought the rest were all the same, but I do love RPG games.
    The only good thing about CoD is it allowes brainless shooting with close to no skill. Don't get me wrong, that is a good thing. I think it's great there brainless shooters and tactical shooters like Battlefield out there. It allowes each person to play wathever they want.

But let's not call CoD a great game because of it's amazing design...it's a great game because it has the most simple minded design.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-08-05 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
    really? i think its pretty terrible either way

i cant get used to another ui after so many hours of playing oblivion. i dont know why they couldn't just make it like that, it was perfect the way that it was and the quest log had a lot of really important information in it.
    SkyUI does a lot, then there's Loadout that makes binding weapon/magic-sets possible and some various improvements to the dodgy menu controls with EZ2C Dialouge Menu & Better MessageBox Controls.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I'm not a fan boy as I barely play the game, but it's obvious why the game is popular. You can do wathever you want, be wathever you want and do it whenever you want in an open world with one the best looking graphics in gaming at the moment. Stop being an idiot.

The only good thing about CoD is it allowes brainless shooting with close to no skill. Don't get me wrong, that is a good thing. I think it's great there brainless shooters and tactical shooters like Battlefield out there. It allowes each person to play wathever they want.

But let's not call CoD a great game because of it's amazing design...it's a great game because it has the most simple minded design.

An idiot because I don't think the game is good? I sure hope you act differently in real life or else it must be pretty lonely calling everyone an idiot for having an opinion. Personally I don't see the point of being an Archer/Mage/Warrior whatever when enemies act stupid and combat isn't fun with any of the specs. Also exploring is great but I feel like if I want to play through the main quest first I shouldn't have to walk around 5 mountains for 10 minutes just to end up having to deliver "x" to "y" for 100 gold.

Deleted
    An idiot because I don't think the game is good? I sure hope you act differently in real life or else it must be pretty lonely calling everyone an idiot for having an opinion. Personally I don't see the point of being an Archer/Mage/Warrior whatever when enemies act stupid and combat isn't fun with any of the specs. Also exploring is great but I feel like if I want to play through the main quest first I shouldn't have to walk around 5 mountains for 10 minutes just to end up having to deliver "x" to "y" for 100 gold.
    Don't liking a game is fine, but you are stating that the key features what makes this game receive awards and 90+/100 are bad. Which makes you an idiot. That's like saying CoD is bad because it has guns, and I don't like guns.

You don't have to like a game to see why one is really well made. I hate minecraft, but I perfectly understand why it is as great as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Don't liking a game is fine, but you are stating that the key features what makes this game receive awards and 90+/100 are bad. Which makes you an idiot. That's like saying CoD is bad because it has guns, and I don't like guns.

You don't have to like a game to see why one is really well made. I hate minecraft, but I perfectly understand why it is as great as it is.
    There are more than enough people complaining about the exact same things I do, I guess they're all idiots too and no your weird CoD comparison would be correct if I had said that Skyrim is dumb because it has swords; and even that does not make someone an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like Skyrim either, you're not alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    The controls and the UI works well if you have a gamepad to plug in without mods, that is where a number of games fails these days. Games aimed against consoles ported to PC with minimal adjustments on things like UI and Controls.

The combat can be discussed but it is actually quite good for a RPG.

Open world RPG's is not for everyone either, some people will get more value out of a more linear game while others enjoy the exploring and freedom aspects more.

Skyrim is a fantastic game and reminds me that games should have moments of frustration and difficulty or there is no sense of accomplishment. Yes giants will launch you a mile into the air, but the first time you kill one is an amazing feeling. Quicksave every chance you get. You're walking into a dangerous but beautiful landscape. Instead of complaining about walking or about getting jumped on the road...enjoy the scenery. All those random encounters are designed to make you better at combat. Once you get skilled things flow much better. Quicksave often. This game requires some patience but rewards those who commit to it. Skyrim also punishes those who are reckless or act without thinking. Slow down a bit, analyze a situation before you dive in and you'll come out with your skin and most body parts still attached. Oh, and did I mention that you should quicksave?

There will be people who don't like this game and won't no matter what. It's not made for them. It's made for people like me. I'm cool with that. I don't want people like you liking the games that I like. I appreciate that Bethesda makes a clear distinction with game design. I am also encouraged that more people fell in love with Skyrim than didn't. That demonstrates that younger gamers are not adverse to this type of game, they just haven't been that exposed to them.

Art is always subjective. The Mona Lisa is considered a great work of art but not everyone likes it. It turns out opinions are indeed like assholes. Some just stink worse than others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all, I've tried playing it so many times and I can't stand it. I've never liked any of the Elder Scrolls games, the first person viewpoint just doesn't work with melee combat IMO. Even in Fallout 3, one of my favourite games, I couldn't stand using melee weapons.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally enjoyed it, I stopped playing a month ago though because i got bored of my redguard assassin.

But my nord warrior and high elf mage were fuuuuunnnnnnn.

I found Oblivion to be very buggy..... i stopped playing because martin septim kept attacking me...... sooo basically an hour into the game

I am giving dark souls and dragons dogma( i think its called) some thought once i am done with lsat studies.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-08-05 at 01:04 PM.

Deleted
    There are more than enough people complaining about the exact same things I do, I guess they're all idiots too and no your weird CoD comparison would be correct if I had said that Skyrim is dumb because it has swords; and even that does not make someone an idiot.
    You don't like traveling in an open world rpg. You bought the game even though there is thousands of reviews (even of mods) and videos. I don't mind getting infracted over this, or banned even. You are an idiot for buying the game, not for disliking it. As I said before, nothing wrong for not liking the game, but not understanding why other people like it is retarded.

Deleted
    I never played Skyrim myself, because I refrained from buying it but watched a crapton of videos of it. So take what I say with a grain of salt.

I loved Morrowind and liked Oblivion, tho there where some really horrible things about Oblivion that I had to flat out remove or revamp completely through mods, but I still played it to death. Then Skyrim came, and I was a bit excited about it. Then I read reviews and watched videos... and it simply... seemed too similar to Oblivion to justify a purchase. I mean, if I want a Oblivion with better graphics and a new map I can simply mod it to look like it. But apart from that it didn't really seem all too different. So I couldn't bring myself to buy it till now. What does Skyrim really offer that Oblivion doesn't through the way of modding? I'm having trouble to understand the hype behind that game, even tho I really enjoyed the predecessors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not a pc master race gamer, but I know that morrowind can be modded to be at oblivion/skyrim graphics lvl.