10+ Year Old Account

The amount of ways of payment methods on rift is killing the game for me.

I've been playing Rift for the last 2 days or so and I've gotten up to the point where I found a deeps' lock box (orange) from a random level 15 mob whilst searching for some logs. All fine and well as I was literally discussing the item with somebody else 5 seconds before who was trying to sell one for like 210p.

As the noob as I am I went to the AH to see if I could sell it for around that price as I want some platinum to live off of.

As I was trying to put the item on the AH, I got an error message saying I don't have enough loyalty, so this is where my problem begins. I look up dafuq loyalty points are and see that I have to either buy membership for increasingly more loyalty points, or buy those green crystals. First I try to pay for membership, but as I can only pay with either a credit card or paypal, I had to go with paypal, which didn't work for me due to issues with paypal.

So I try to buy some of those green crystals for some loyalty points through directdebit or whatever it's called. I get to the point where I have to sort of close the deal through something called HiPay or something and it keeps telling me I have to choose a cardtype or whatever.

TL;DR Basically I'm restricted in rift because they don't have any other payment methods.

Can just buy Rex for in-game gold and unlock the AH as well. It's like spending $5 or something in real world dollars.

I take it you are not in the US and thus are having some issues. I also take it that you are not high level/are poor in game.

Fair enough.

Paypal would be your best bet. But whatever issues you are having with paypal are between Paypal and your bank, I suppose. Get that sorted is about the only alternative. Bummer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry Im not seeing any issues here other than something wrong with your ability to either A) Use a CC or Debit card to pay or B) Something wrong with how you have your Paypal setup

Honestly if you cant take care of it with those two globally used/accepted options its not really Trion's fault.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to be sympathetic, but like this guy said:
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Honestly if you cant take care of it with those two globally used/accepted options its not really Trion's fault.
    It's sort of your burden that you can't use the two widest reaching payment methods. They aren't region locking you into some crazy back alley payment method, so I really just think you need to get your PayPal sorted out. Any issues with them should be directed at them and not Rift.

Though to be fair, frustration from payment makes the process very tarnished and I do understand why it bums you out on the game.
    BAD WOLF

Sounds like something you should take up with Trion customer service. Not sure what anyone can tell you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    As I was trying to put the item on the AH, I got an error message saying I don't have enough loyalty
    This is specifically in place in order to reduce the viability of farming/AH bots driven by free accounts. It sucks that you're having trouble with payments - I think you can get LPs through in-game events as well.

Here's a thread on the official forums that talks about the issue a bit.

I've seen this type of complaint too many times over the years about various MMOs. I have to agree with the others in this thread. How is it Trion's fault that you do not have either a credit card or a working paypal account? Get a prepaid Visa or fix your Paypal account. Pretty simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, I've used my paypal before because I had to buy GW2, which only took paypal as a payment method. Difference between buying GW2 and a sub though is that every MMO I've tried to sub to (Rift and planetside 2 so far) only allow DIRECT payments. I just got a mail back that my bank account was already linked to an older paypal account. Unfortunately I can't get on that one, nor try to change my password, because I keep getting an error that says my paypal account is transferring money and that I have to wait 30 minutes before I can try again.

I'm just annoyed by the limited payment methods for EU people and I cba to create 1 account on a website I've never heard of (HiPay) just to sub for 1 game.

I just wish Tirion would work with iDeal like World of Warcraft does :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Question what if one changes their email address but the game still has old email address registered how does one deal with that? coin locked and all.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Question what if one changes their email address but the game still has old email address registered how does one deal with that? coin locked and all.
    You would probably need to contact customer support to get your e-mail address changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    TL;DR Basically I'm restricted in rift because they don't have any other payment methods.
    OOC...what were you wanting, the option to mail them an envelope full of cash? This isn't a back alley coke buy, CC and Paypal are pretty much the standard options for ANY form of online purchase. If you don't have a CC and have problems with your Paypal account, take it up with Paypal or your bank.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah - I am puzzled - I am friggin South Africa and PayPal works just fine... or one of my credit cards.

Yeah as mentioned, the loyalty requirement for using the AH is really, really low. You could try selling it in chat I think too? I dunno, I haven't sold anything that way.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    This isn't a back alley coke buy
    Excuse me sir but drug dealers are as part of current times as Trion. Squared has opened the door for all kinds of back alley electronic payments =)

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Excuse me sir but drug dealers are as part of current times as Trion. Squared has opened the door for all kinds of back alley electronic payments =)
    I send my guy money trough paypal, then he delivers.