Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    The one reason I really want this is completely silly, but I'm hoping I can get the name I want on another realm. I refuse to use characters with the silly symbols that make sending tells a pain, and unfortunately whoever has the name I want on my server still has an active subscription somewhere (not sure if they're even on my server, but it's been over a year and the name has never showed up on the Armory), so the GMs won't relinquish it to me.
    If the person created the character and never, ever logged in as that character, the name will be taken but never show in the list on the armory. That could likely be what this person has done with your desired name.

Quote Originally Posted by slummish
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Just lower the Sub fee now (not remove) just lower it a bit from say 8.99 to 4.99 or something. This would claw back a few lost players who have went to the f2p mmo's and found that the f2p mmo's can offer the same experience for less money and often get more updates that WoW (a paid sub mmo that still has micro transaction system).

They really need to make WoW more competitive with the current market if not this downhill spiral of subs they are going through will just continue. A Band-aid fix like joining realms is not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOZOGOK View Post
    Yeah servers are empty because everyone flocks to the same servers, definitely not because subs are down to 7.7 mil from 12 mil no no no.
    You're right, but people have been leaving medium/low pop servers for high pop servers for a while now. That and subs being down are the reasons why some servers look like ghost towns.

Find Server A that has high Horde population and Low Alliance population.

Find Server B that is the same type as Server A and has low Horde population and high Alliance population.

Join server A and B together.

Imbalance ratios balance out!....for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOZOGOK View Post
    Yeah servers are empty because everyone flocks to the same servers, definitely not because subs are down to 7.7 mil from 12 mil no no no.
    Decreased subscriptions is certainly a factor, and not shocking at all with the wait between each patch and the staleness of MoP... if I wasn't still raiding, I'd probably have quit a long time ago. I log in now to raid and then log off immediately after.

But I know on my server, nearly every major progressive raiding guild transferred off to some popular server that everyone else was going to. My guild shot up to number one on the server for a while since all the competition left.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarpixie View Post
    Fully agree with this, gotta admit I'm kind of disappointed this won't ship with 5.4. I think this feature is something a lot of people are waiting for, especially people from the lower populated realms. Not to mention a connected realm will, in a way, give you 11 additional character slots.
    I know everyone wants everything sooner, rather than later, but the fact remains that it is coming. I'd rather them take their time and try to get it right. You'd be more pissed off if they pushed it out and messed up the one feature you're looking forward to.

This means If you are playing on Horde side in a low RP or PVP-RP realm, you are pretty much f***ed.

10+ Year Old Account
    With connected realms in play I really hope they'll get rid of CRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmzuay View Post
    I know everyone wants everything sooner, rather than later, but the fact remains that it is coming. I'd rather them take their time and try to get it right. You'd be more pissed off if they pushed it out and messed up the one feature you're looking forward to.
    I fully agree with you there, but, as said in the quote I used above what you quoted from my post there, they shouldn't word it this way, as it comes across as being shipped with 5.4, while it isn't.

So... Blizzard basicly saying there is 5.5 patch coming and this will be one of the features that will fill the 8 month gap between last raid and next expansion.... Was totally expected they would try to drag some things out to call patch 5.5.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    My thinking is they'll keep them both active at first and then monitor things to see how it goes.

"connected realms"? Blizzard, why dont you say it for what it is, you are merging serves.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    So... Blizzard basicly saying there is 5.5 patch coming and this will be one of the features that will fill the 8 month gap between last raid and next expansion.... Was totally expected they would try to drag some things out to call patch 5.5.
    Not sure how you deduce all that from Connected Realms. We've known for a while that this was coming and we know that 5.5 has always been possible, just that there would be no raids IF it did happen.

This is the best feature ever. Look at games from Cryptic. All there servers basically run in one giant world so their games always seems populated even with their low player counts.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    They won't. Simply connecting two realms won't fix the dead-ness that is Silithus for example.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtapia View Post
    "connected realms"? Blizzard, why dont you say it for what it is, you are merging serves.
    I don't think the terminology really matters.

Deleted
    THE major question is though, Will you be able to send your BOA's to other characters on connected realms, or will you have to buy them all over again (or from the cash shop)

Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. I've played so many MMOs now that were supposed to be awesome but flopped or fell short in the end. I think GW2 was a good game, especially for F2P, but the story or lack thereof just couldn't hold my attention for me to keep playing it. Same with TERA, back when I was still paying a subscription. Love SWTOR for the story, but hate the end game. FF14 was originally a mess, but I'm still planning to get 2.0 - didn't think it was the greatest game from playing the new beta, but it was a decent change from WoW. And of course, even WoW has its own issues.
    I played EQ and EQ2 and really look forward to something from the EQ universe again. EQ was a brilliant game and I find myself wishing each mmo I play had some of the basic concepts they used back then. I've started believing in the FTP platform now more than ever, after leaving wow to play things like Neverwinter, Rift when it went ftp when I think about how fun those games can be and not cost a dime of your money. It just makes me angry knowing I spent so many years in wow, not happy when I could have been trying other things. They've had the corner on the market long enough, I hope they hurt maybe they'll continue to improve the game for the games sake and not for their pocketbook.

I wish I could be impressed by FF14, I have yet to get into it, wildstar was a lot more fun between both betas...

Connect Tichondrius and Blackrock!

Guess this means my quiet hidey hole server is about to be trampled, dang.