Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Privileges over others is what made them privileged, not the lack of believing they were privileged. That's why I am saying it is silly. Just like I wouldn't be partly racist because I don't believe I am a racist. I'd be a racist if I engaged in racist behavior.
    It's evidence of privilege that you can live your life oblivious to the hardships of others. A white person thinks they're not privileged, in part, because they think that racial discrimination does not exist. They think it doesn't exist because they've never experienced it or do not experience it regularly. They don't experience it because they're white.

I'm white, and I have no problem admitting that I've avoided adversity because of it. I've had other hardships, but I don't pretend that I haven't had it easier than if I were a racial minority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Denying diversity is a symptom of xenophobia, especially if the country you reside in prides itself on a history of being "a melting pot".
    You know the left wing is gone too far when you have children saying absolute garbage like this. "Denying diversity," jesus christ, what will you say next? Every family that isn't interracial are racist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Explain why it would be a bad thing to keep America white?
    How do you keep America white? What do you force people to do, to keep America white? I understand what that actually means, instead of trying to downplay what that means coming from KKK.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Odabear View Post
    All you're saying is "here's the propaganda and bias I was taught". It's all conjecture. My only conclusion is that you're not white, because you think being a "white straight male" like in your link is the end-all be-all answer to everything - life on cruise control, the easiest path possible, nothing to complain about which is laughable to say the least. You say white males of a generation past are arrogant and entitled - am I correct in saying black males of a generation past were dumb and stupid? Or am I just being racist now?
    Your assumption was that I wasn't white. Rather, I'm just a white person with an iota of self-awareness, cultural sensitivity, and intellectual integrity.

And, for the record, I was raised to be a right-wing Christian. I'm not sure how many wrongheaded assumptions you can cram into a single post, but I have confidence that you'll keep setting new records.

Deleted
    You know the left wing is gone too far when you have children saying absolute garbage like this. "Denying diversity," jesus christ, what will you say next? Every family that isn't interracial are racist?
    You know a troll is terrible when it's strawmen don't hold one second longer.

No, it encourages a nation of differing viewpoints and backgrounds. It's literally "all are welcome".

Going, well all are welcome except [blank] is hypocritical.
    I'm not sure who is saying that though, certainly not me.

I think what Jaxi was referring to is how the entire idea of a 'melting pot' is based on the idea that once immigrants integrate into society, they form a homogenous "new culture."

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Still, freedom of racism and hate crimes. Kinda why free speech is such a retarded law now. With there being so many different forms of hate crime and racism out there today, it's amazing that the law hasn't been changed.
    No, freedom of speech is one of the most important laws in the world. It's one thing if somebody is doing a hate speech that is calling for violence, but merely putting out your opinion? No.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    That guy is not a child...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The KKK is moreso about the white agenda. Racism isn't really part of their game anymore from what I gather, just the betterment/promotion of whites and the white agenda. They're more "suit and tie" now, less white-sheet and cross-burning. More bark than bite really.

There's also an unmarked KKK lodge not far from where I live. They have BBQ's all the time there and to be honest, they're fairly good. I even scored a nice BBQ sauce recipe from one of the grillers there. They invite a lot of locals and the turn out is usually close to 30 people, all whites obviously.

I did manage to talk to one of the members and ask a few questions, he said he couldn't part many details to a non-klansman, but he did say they were about the white agenda and keeping things "American." I guess he meant just whites and such.

I really don't know what else to really say. A son should not be judged for the sins of the father, in this case the KKK of 50-75 years ago. They're fairly different.

All you're saying is "here's the propaganda and bias I was taught". It's all conjecture. My only conclusion is that you're not white, because you think being a "white straight male" like in your link is the end-all be-all answer to everything - life on cruise control, the easiest path possible, nothing to complain about which is laughable to say the least. You say white males of a generation past are arrogant and entitled - am I correct in saying black males of a generation past were dumb and stupid? Or am I just being racist now?
    A straight white male is like a crocodile. There is no natural predator to it in the social and economic world. Well at least there wasn't before this administration entered in a war on classes. Now the straight white male is viewed by society as an evil thug hell bent on keeping everyone else down. That is just the mainstream liberal view perpetrated by race baiters like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. But still at the end of the day, in the real world of jobs and police interaction, a white male is easily at the top of the food chain and has been for a very long time. And unless something super crazy like communism happens, they will remain there for a very long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgetjones View Post
    It's evidence of privilege that you can live your life oblivious to the hardships of others. A white person thinks they're not privileged, in part, because they think that racial discrimination does not exist. They think it doesn't exist because they've never experienced it or do not experience it regularly. They don't experience it because they're white.

I'm white, and I have no problem admitting that I've avoided adversity because of it. I've had other hardships, but I don't pretend that I haven't had it easier than if I were a racial minority.
    And how do you know? You don't. It's funny that you're making yourself out to be this progressive liberal who's "with it" but you treat minorities like it's the 1960s. When have white people ever denied racial discrimination doesn't exist? Of course it does, just like there some asians and some blacks who dislike whites, there are some whites who dislike other races. That doesn't mean being black or asian means you are subjected to discrimination every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it encourages a nation of differing viewpoints and backgrounds. It's literally "all are welcome".

Going, well all are welcome except [blank] is hypocritical.
    My point was that when those cultures, viewpoints, and backgrounds reshape and evolve the native culture etc, it's beneficial. When they stay isolated and distinct, it only further separates. There is a reason it is a melting pot. Look at New York City for example. It has many subcultures, from Greek, to Italian, to Jewish, and while all of them have distinct differences, the overarching New Yorker culture is ever present. I'd consider that more successful and healthy for a nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

I don't see how you're making a logical argument in the least at this point. Perhaps you could clarify.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    You know a troll is terrible when it's strawmen don't hold one second longer.
    I haven't heard one argument from you in this thread yet. All you do is find posts you don't agree with it and berate the poster.

10+ Year Old Account
    This hardly stayed on topic before veering into freedom of speech and what diversity and privilege is instead.