Prot weapon enchant

Ok, I'm going batty, I have looked at many different places, and have seen tank enchants for prot's listed as , river's song, dancing steel, colossus, even windsong, so, I just gotta ask, what are you guys using?

Dancing Steel IMO. Windsong is probably your best bet if you're on a budget, but River's Song and Colossus are pretty underwhelming.

Source: Had the exact same question for the exact same reason a few months ago.
    Last edited by pld; 2013-08-05 at 08:58 PM.

I use Dancing Steel in 10M HC just for the extra throughput, but Windsong is not a bad choice. Especially given how cheap it is.

River's Song shouldn't be used by anyone.

Colossus was moderate in t14N content, but the absorb doesn't scale, so it quickly tapered off in usefulness. It still is "techincally" the best mitigation enchant on paper/sims, but in real practice it gets outpaced by WS/DS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

default answer is dancing steel, but I switch on my toons depending on the content im in, the money I have on my alts.
    I rather tank in hell then dps in heaven

Agree with what's been said here... Dancing Steel if you have the ~4k+ gold or therabouts it costs on most realms, Windsong if you're cheap. Colossus is okay but the absorb is IIRC only around 8k or so and never goes up from that, so it's pretty crappy overall.

Ok, thanks i'll upgrade to dancing steel once I get a weapon above 502 ... stupid jin'rohk and primordius -_-

Deleted
    My reasoning behind dancing steel was that not only does it increase strength and therefore parry but that also gives an additional boost to sacred shield and seal of insight heals whereas rivers song is just ... dodge. When the penny dropped i felt like a right nobhead, was adamant that blizzard couldn't possibly put in a tank enchant that was so bad!

Quote Originally Posted by yamilonewolf View Post
    Ok, thanks i'll upgrade to dancing steel once I get a weapon above 502 ... stupid jin'rohk and primordius -_-
    Iron Qon gives the best weapon.

Windsong personally.
    The ap from dancing steel is a joke, and this tier parry isn't even worth a joke.
    I'd much rather have haste/mastery/crit.

Deleted
    Considering how cheap windsong is there is never any reason to go colossus.

Windsong and colossus are fairly close to eachother, so as others say, it is a choice between them. I feel like Windsong is fairly nice when are between th 530-540 ilvl (i.e. you are not yet haste capped and you are in heroic content). But dancing steel is extremely solid aswell and it is what I am using right now.

With windsong and dancing steel, you can never go wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I kinda like the Jin'rokh weapon if you can use the hit.

Ofc if the hit is wasted then it is no good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Weapons:
    Jin'rokh (if you can use the hit) > Iron Qon > Jin'rokh (if over-hitcap) >>>> Dark Animus agi mace (exp/haste) >>>>>>>>>>> Tortos (hit/crit) >>>>>>>>>>> Primordious (parry/dodge)

The Primo main-hand would have been a downgrade compared to my weapon form LAST tier...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    Weapons:
    Jin'rokh (if you can use the hit) > Iron Qon > Jin'rokh (if over-hitcap) >>>> Dark Animus agi mace (exp/haste) >>>>>>>>>>> Tortos (hit/crit) >>>>>>>>>>> Primordious (parry/dodge)

The Primo main-hand would have been a downgrade compared to my weapon form LAST tier...
    I would prefer tortos weapo over iron qon weapon (if you can use the hit) since I value crit over mastery in my current gear.

Already "survivability capped"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I would prefer tortos weapo over iron qon weapon (if you can use the hit) since I value crit over mastery in my current gear.

Already "survivability capped"
    This was more a general thing. I personally would have put the agi exp/haste mace much higher, but I do understand if some wouldn't use that one. ^^