10+ Year Old Account

Chest feels like its going to explode.

Ok so over the passed month, whenever I do a cardio focused workout, when I breath in, it "hurts" and feels like my chest is going to explode, and whenever I've come back from a run, it takes me about 30minutes to recover because like I said previously, it hurts to breath in.

Now this only started happening about a month ago, which is very distressing. Nothing has changed in regards to diet or intensity. I don't really want to go to my local GP simply because I personally think their idiots, and haven't got a clue what their talking about. For example, went in there with a swolen ankle, couldn't walk on it, and the diagnosis was "I had pulled the ligaments and just some rest would fix it". Week later went to the hospital and found out I had snapped all kinds of shit in my ankle.

Deleted
    Go to the hospital instead of the GP then.

Sounds like you may have exercise-induced asthma. If so, an inhaler could vastly help. I'm a nurse and also suffer from the same issue

Pretty sure with any cardio workout if you experience any kind of chest of neck pain you are supposed to stop immediately. If I were you I'd go to the hospital and talk to a doctor about it. Especially if its recurring like you say. It's the only way your going to get peace of mind. No one on here can give you that, were not doctors.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    Was expecting sports-bra related mishap.

I am disappointed.

Someone ignoring intense chest pains for a month and then asking advice about them on a gaming forum shouldn't be calling other people idiots. I mean no offense but I find it ironic.

Seriously, go see a doctor. If your not happy with one doctor's opinion, go see another. I have a hard time believing there isn't at least a dozen doctors within 50 miles of you. If you want a more experienced opinion, then go to the hospital. It could just be something minor, but chances are you need either an inhaler, some type of medication, or it could be something serious. It's crazy to ignore chest pains for a month...

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    Someone ignoring intense chest pains for a month and then asking advice about them on a gaming forum shouldn't be calling other people idiots. I mean no offense but I find it ironic.

Seriously, go see a doctor. If your not happy with one doctor's opinion, go see another. I have a hard time believing there isn't at least a dozen doctors within 50 miles of you. If you want a more experienced opinion, then go to the hospital. It could just be something minor, but chances are you need either an inhaler, some type of medication, or it could be something serious. It's crazy to ignore chest pains for a month...
    Don't do this, ever. If you go into an ER, guess what? They get an x-ray, give you some steroids and tell you to go see your GP. It's a waste of time for all and partially what is wrong with US health care to begin with. Trust me, I've worked in one for a long time. Chest pains for a month that are induced by exercising have a very high probability of not being life-threatening or anywhere near it. You need to make an appointment with a physician. The other alternative is to keep hurting and listen to morons on the forum spew ill/false information. Good luck to you!

*As an afterthought, the hospital/ER may have been appropriate the first time, but not for chronic occurrences.

I'm gonna report this thread and ask for it to be closed, because the only advice you should be getting is from a Doctor.

I'm a Doctor but not from me, you sound like you need some scans done.

Not that I should really be giving suggestions but you should probably stop doing the cardio that's causing that feeling.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Closing thread @OP This forum or any forum is not the place to look for medical advice the best thing to do is see a doctor/hospital asap.