Deleted

Iron Qon 10 man HC- Holy prism vs Light's Hammer as a holy paladin

My guild is about to start progression on iron qon HC and i was wondering which talent would be best and why? Personally i prefer holy prism but i'm mainly unsure about which trinket would be best for the last phase. Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cmtjeepers View Post
    My guild is about to start progression on iron qon HC and i was wondering which talent would be best and why? Personally i prefer holy prism but i'm mainly unsure about which trinket would be best for the last phase. Thanks
    For progression I would maybe suggest holy prism, which I used also. Hardest part of the fight is the phase with all 3 adds and boss up at the same time. There light's hammer isn't as good as holy prism. It also helps a lot if you save it for the first fish smash where you can't be stacked because of debuffs.

However, if that phase seems easy, and problems start later on I would suggest changing for light's hammer.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should use lights hammer on progression, it's much more valuable in P3 and it also serves it's purpose between. I personally (with this fight on farm and 2 healing it) still use hammer because I can bang in on melee group taking stacks at start, then bang it on my group when we take stacks. I bang it down in the middle just after the wind storm, and bang it down on the melee group thereafter since they'll be taking the fire stacks before finally banging it down serveral times in the last phase when everyone is all stacked up.

Holy prism is a solid talent here, I personally feel the stacking benefits on hammer outweigh the prism on this fight, afterall you can bang hammer down and forget about it.

Bang ftw

Oh and you mentioned trinkets, which do you have available to you at the moment?
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2013-08-06 at 01:34 AM.

Used Hammer personally, but was doubting myself aswell. During the first dog I can use it easily, but since we atmo run no melee theres little use during the 2nd dog. 3rd dog however, when the healers are stacked(we 3heal it) for Ro'shaks fire thingie it does help, and it helps aswell during the last phase. Since we took a weird progress path(IQ being 6th and it feeling very easy) we just decided to heal through arcing light so you'll have a decent amount of time spent up stacked in p4.

Was using hc horridon and vp trink for regen, and meleeing as much as possible.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I would have to say lights hammer. In progression we one tanked this and had the melee take the most stacks. It was just nice to keep a consistent heal on all of the after my EFs started falling off.

My guild just killed Heroic Iron Qon for the first time last week. My raid leader asked me to spec Light's Hammer for the "cooldown" in the last phase, so I did. And I hated the way it worked - it always felt like the cooldown was too long, but more than that, it felt like I had no use for it in the middle 6 minutes of the fight, and that it wasn't up often enough in the end of the fight when I really needed some burst... SO I specced out of it and back into Holy Prism, and we killed it. For what it's worth, my trinkets are 2/2 Normal Spirits of the Sun and 2/2 Valor trinket. (FUCK YOU HORRIDON)

We haven't gotten to Megaera heroic yet, but I don't even use Light's Hammer on normal mode anymore. My Holy Prism is starting to hit really hard as I'm getting better gear, and transition phases are coming so fast due to better dps that LH isn't off cooldown yet, whereas during normal progression it always was.

The more I use Holy Prism, the more I love it.

Also, as an aside, and also for what it's worth, this fight is the first time I specced out of Divine Purpose and into Holy Avenger since the expansion started. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but the burst AoE healing is helpful. I can see how it's useful, but I've never been great at remembering to use cooldowns, so it's just one more to manage and my ADD forgets about it sometimes.
    Last edited by Pizza the Hutt; 2013-08-06 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza the Hutt View Post
    My guild just killed Heroic Iron Qon for the first time last week. My raid leader asked me to spec Light's Hammer for the "cooldown" in the last phase, so I did. And I hated the way it worked - it always felt like the cooldown was too long, but more than that, it felt like I had no use for it in the middle 6 minutes of the fight, and that it wasn't up often enough in the end of the fight when I really needed some burst... SO I specced out of it and back into Holy Prism, and we killed it. For what it's worth, my trinkets are 2/2 Normal Spirits of the Sun and 2/2 Valor trinket. (FUCK YOU HORRIDON)

We haven't gotten to Megaera heroic yet, but I don't even use Light's Hammer on normal mode anymore. My Holy Prism is starting to hit really hard as I'm getting better gear, and transition phases are coming so fast due to better dps that LH isn't off cooldown yet, whereas during normal progression it always was.

The more I use Holy Prism, the more I love it.

Also, as an aside, and also for what it's worth, this fight is the first time I specced out of Divine Purpose and into Holy Avenger since the expansion started. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but the burst AoE healing is helpful. I can see how it's useful, but I've never been great at remembering to use cooldowns, so it's just one more to manage and my ADD forgets about it sometimes.

I have killed qon probably 10 times by now, you can really use either, early phases prism is best at least for 10, on 25 i would only go with light's hammer, but if your running 10, prism overall does more then just mainly 1 phase for smash but that's my opinion.

Im quoting this post because i have killed H Meg about 7 times now and let me tell you, do not use prism, it is worthless compared to hammer on stack phase, there is 3 times the dmg going out in heroic. Good Luck!

I've used both on the fight and I think that this is one of the few fights that Light's Hammer is still better on.

Basically, the boss has a pretty small hitbox, you won't be able to hit ranged with prism outside of final phase. In final phase, hammer is better anyways. It will be up for 2-3 of the 5-6 smashes, which is massive. Even in the early phases, prism just really isn't that great. If you are using a melee stack in P1, having hammer at later stacks ends up being more healing anyways. That said, neither of them are that good on this fight.

I can get maybe 5-7% of my healing with hammer, and maybe 5-6% with prism, the difference isn't that big at all. Just that prism costs a couple more globals.

Deleted
    The benefits of the Hammer are also that it keeps IH rolling on your targets. Prism just wont do this half as good. If your use your Hammer "right" I would say it is better then Prism since it keeps rolling shields.

Quote Originally Posted by healzforu View Post
    I have killed qon probably 10 times by now, you can really use either, early phases prism is best at least for 10, on 25 i would only go with light's hammer, but if your running 10, prism overall does more then just mainly 1 phase for smash but that's my opinion.

Im quoting this post because i have killed H Meg about 7 times now and let me tell you, do not use prism, it is worthless compared to hammer on stack phase, there is 3 times the dmg going out in heroic. Good Luck!
    Oh I know about Megaera, I was just bring it up to illustrate how it's the only fight I felt Light's Hammer is even worth it anymore, and I don't even use it on normal anymore, either. On heroic, I assume I will have to... but I also assume I will never get that far since making my guild's raid times is not easy and I might need to be replaced.

I use Light's Hammer on Council, Meg, and IQ. Everything else is Holy Prism.

I prefer using LH on IQ for when my group stacks, on our melee and during fist smash. I like knowing that I'm getting some trickle healing/shield refresh while I'm casting that inevitable non-IoL HR for HoPo. Holy Prism might seem nice, but on average my Light's Hammer does 8% of my healing on HIQ and back when I was testing HP out on normal, HP was only doing 5%.